Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Instructions for buying the Kubera book - US and Canada residents only.

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

rin

rin

Fried Potato

• The Company
  • 560 posts
For those of you living outside of the United States or Canada, the process is much more difficult and involves exorbitant shipping fees. This method won't work for you, so I don't suggest you try it.

※Guide out of date. New one soon.

Spoiler

Edited by rin, 28 January 2013 - 10:29 AM.

Mizura

Mizura

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 4,851 posts

For those of you living outside of the United States or Canada, the process is much more difficult and involves exorbitant shipping fees. This method won't work for you, so I don't suggest you try it.

... darnit. xD Thanks anyways. I live in China, and last I checked, some of us live in Europe too. Shipping fees to China can't be too expensive though, can it?

3492bk6.jpg

Kubera stuff: Character charts , Races and Cities , The finite (official side novel) ,
Official English Webtoons: https://www.webtoons.com

battradio

battradio

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 957 posts
  • LocationNear ST. Louis MO USA
These would be the two least expensive options to China from the US , i don't know the size of the book , so if someone does they can please post it

.Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by battradio, 17 March 2012 - 10:02 AM.

Mizura

Mizura

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 4,851 posts
$16 to $38 in postage fees for a $16 dollars book? :huh:
This was what I was trying to avoid. Postage fees that cost more than the book itself. :blink:
Hahah, thanks for trying to help, I will try to find another way. xD

In other news, I decided to try my luck and see if I could just find Kubera in Chinese, so I did a search for Kubera + Korea (in Chinese). So far I managed to find a pair of red shorts. :'(

Edited by Mizura, 17 March 2012 - 11:08 AM.

3492bk6.jpg

Kubera stuff: Character charts , Races and Cities , The finite (official side novel) ,

noctemleya

noctemleya

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 78 posts
Lucky americans... Since I'm from Europe I hope someone can post some cheap way to get the comic from Korea...
I'm really a huge fan of Kubera and I'd like to support the author. ^_^

Mizura

Mizura

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 4,851 posts
Pocky once suggested another site:

I've checked the site where the Noblesse books can be purchased and searched Kubera and found it!
Here: http://www.kyobobook.co.kr/product/detailViewKor.laf?ejkGb=KOR&mallGb=KOR&barcode=9788960522008&orderClick=LAA&Kc=
It's 9,720 won. And this is the guide they did for Noblesse on EGS forums:http://forum.egscans.com/showthread.php/2299-Guide-How-to-buy-the-Noblesse-Books-in-Korean?p=91227&viewfull=1#post91227

The problem is that I'm in China, which apart from controversial sites happens to randomly block sites that have nothing to do with politics, so that site was blocked for me. I have a VPN at work, but when I tried it, it Still wouldn't go through. =_= (it happens....)

Maybe it will work better for you, but I'm tired now and so I think I'll just wait for that site to magically get unblocked or the likes (it happens sometimes too...)

Edited by Mizura, 23 March 2012 - 05:30 PM.

3492bk6.jpg

Pocky

Pocky

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 42 posts
Ow, I'm sad that it didn't work out for you in the end :S The best would be if you had a Korean bookstore somewhere near you. Or, at least, in China and with a shipping option. Sadly, we don't have bookstores with books from Asia... :(

Noctemleya: I'm from Europe, as well. Though I wouldn't recommend that site I recommended Mizura, because the shipping fee costed more than the 3 volumes of Noblesse... Though if you're not from a little country, at the edge of EU and landlocked, like where I live, the shipping costs may be lower... Anyway, you can check it on that Kyobobook site, before finishing your order :)

Mizura

Mizura

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 4,851 posts
Thanks for trying to help! When it still didn't work after all that, I felt like throwing something out the window. Though maybe not the computer. xD
Ah well, I'm not in a hurry or desperate for it either (I mean, at the end of the day, it's still in a language I don't understand :( If it were in English I'd be trying harder), with any luck I'll eventually find some other method that doesn't involve paying shipping fees that are twice the price of the product. Ugh.

3492bk6.jpg

noctemleya

noctemleya

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 78 posts
Though luck Mizura. :( And thanks a lot for bringing that post up!
Thanks for the info Pocky, I'll try those sites you posted and see how much it would cost. Unfortunately, my country IS little and at the edge of EU... I'll try to see now what the shipping costs are. Did you order it from that site? If so, how much did you pay?

Pocky

Pocky

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 42 posts
No, thankfully I had a friend who was coming back from Korea in December, so I asked her to buy it for me and bring it back with her, so I only paid for the books, no shipping cost. Well, I did buy her a little thank-you gift, but that's all.
I remember the shipping cost was actually more than the 3 books together... I hope it won't be that much for you. You can check it if you fill out the order form, but before paying. Use the guide in EGS forums to... well, guide you through the process :) My bet it should be a method similar to ordering the Noblesse books.

Good luck!

Ariatha

Ariatha

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 296 posts
  • LocationTexas
I wish I could afford that *sigh*

Kubera is fantastic <3

vOwOv

vOwOv

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 9 posts
  • Locationlallalaaa land
Would a debit card work too :o?

cyborgmosquito

cyborgmosquito

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 265 posts

Would a debit card work too :o?

I think you can get a debit visa for purchasing stuff over the internet

whistlebird

whistlebird

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 9 posts
Would I be able to read it...? 0_o Is it possible it comes in English someday? The pictures are good but....

Lowlightt

Lowlightt

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 48 posts
When will authors realize they could just open up a paypal account and we would give them money....

Mizura

Mizura

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 4,851 posts
Because the author isn't the one publishing them. Naver is. And as the book is Korean-only, they only care about how Koreans pay.

And in case you didn't know: Naver has exclusive distribution rights (Naver pays webtoon artists, so in return they own the distribution rights), so it'd be a breach of contract if the author tried to sell the books on their own, just like the mangaka of Shounen Jump get all their licensing done through Shounen Jump. That's also why the authors don't have the right to allow scanlation groups to translate their works into English: when scanlation groups ask them, the answer is always that only Naver has the right to give such permissions.

Also, although we'd all like the work to be released in English, there's just no way to prove that there's a big enough willing paying audience. A bunch of online pirates don't really count. Did you now? Some Korean fans buy 10 copies of the same book (because there's one trading card per book, and they're trying to get all of them, among other reasons), so that's like 1 or 2 Korean fan is buying as much as all the international folks combined (sure, it's also because the book is in Korean, and the shipping fees are so darn high, but it puts matters into perspective). There's a section in the KuCa where Korean fans upload pictures of their book purchases, and I'm always gawking at the ones where you see a photo of 10 of the same volume... D:

Edited by Mizura, 09 September 2012 - 08:16 AM.

3492bk6.jpg

scarlettsong

scarlettsong

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 5 posts
  • LocationUnited States
Bought the first three volumes this way but then it seems aladinusa became bandi books because when you click on the search bar instead of bringing you to a similar looking page like it did before it brings you to bandi books and it mentions something about aladinusa below. Maybe they mergered,someone bought it, or they just changed names. In any case bandi books doesn't seem to sell Kubera anymore. So anyone know where/how else to kubera volume 4 and on onward. By the rate the books have been coming out, the 4th one is due sometime in February... Help please. Thanks.
Blah~

smthFishy

smthFishy

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,251 posts
  • Locationsubmerged
Found the previous 3 but not the 4th (link below) http://www.bandibookus.com/search/SearchBook.do?kwd=%C4%ED%BA%A3%B6%F3&tabCode=TOTAL&ad_url=

Mizura

Mizura

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 4,851 posts
Ah, Currygom actually "answered" this question on her blog very recently. Readers had been asking her when the fourth book will come out, and her answer was something along the lines of "I'm sorry, I can't commit to a deadline because the priority is the webtoon right now. T_T " Aww. :(

3492bk6.jpg

rin

rin

Fried Potato

• The Company
  • 560 posts
Note: Guide is now out of date. AladinUS has been shut down and replaced by Bandibooks. It means books will be approximately 10% cheaper and shipping possibly faster. Anyone who had an account with the old AladinUS will have to make a new account with Bandibooks.

New guide to be updated soon. Thank you all, please continue to support Kubera :)