Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

We Are All Muses

• Please log in to reply
75 replies to this topic

Hellion Twins

Hellion Twins

Fried Potato

• Donator
  • 731 posts
  • LocationKeeling over
Sometimes, we have an idea, but we're too lazy to write it.
Sometimes, we have no idea but we want to write something.
Sometimes, we get writer's block and we don't know where to go with the idea.

Let's write and share them here.

1. Write a plot idea, state if original or fan fiction.
2. Brief notes about the characters involved. (optional)
3. Your opinions about the idea.

4. Choose one of the above shared and write something! :D (optional too)

I have no ideas that I have not written at the moment.

tumblr_mespwcUZxx1rxs3wso1_400.gif

Manga Recommendation: 21/04/14

Spoiler

A gift from Maia Obanee

pizhhh

pizhhh

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,029 posts
  • Locationin jail
I have three plots currently stuck in my head. This is my most favorite of them.

An island nation fell victim to a major catastrophe. UN dispatches relief and peacekeeping forces from all around the world. One of them is the main character. He is a native of the said country, but migrated to the US during his teens, then served in the military. He resents his homeland deeply, and never wanted to return, but still did so out of a sense of duty.

The story focuses not on survival or the post-apocalyptic aspect of the setting, but on the main character himself. It shows how he deals with meeting family, old friends, enemies and lovers, and tells of the events that led him to hate the place so much. It also shows his character development from an embittered cynic that only performs out of a sense of duty, to truly caring for, and ultimately forgiving the country he so resented.

It's like a slice of life set in the aftermath of a natural disaster. It does have the potential to be a bit too preachy or angsty. I really wanna write this down on paper (or at least, a word processor) but I think my english is still not good enough for writing literature (excuses, I know). I could write it in my native language, but it won't have the same "atmosphere."

Edited by Pizhhh, 16 March 2012 - 06:18 AM.

annihilator

annihilator

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 2,035 posts
  • Locationnomad...
i've been meaning to write but just for the fun of it.. i like writing in general but only to my own standards and no one else (which is really amateurish, and noobish ) be it with questionable grammars or not.... inappropriate use of words or not... idc... i just like to write... the thing is i'm lazy to do research on the things i wanted to write...

here's one story that i want to write.. :

Psychological. A 14 year old boy impregnated her 13 year old girlfriend. Since they're young and very much kid themselves, marriage and living together is not possible. They got separated. Boy moves out of town. Girl continued with the pregnancy since the mother of the girl have strong moral values. Gave birth to a baby girl, got orphaned at the age of 16, knew nothing about his father except for the promise and a trinket her father gave to her mother when they're young. Twenty five years later with different names, they've met in a bar where the girl was working as a part time job. The father still single, holding to that promise made, tried to find the mother but to no avail. Got attracted with the girl not knowing he's his daughter. Pursued her till he got her. They went into a relationship and did everything within it. Plan to get married when the father saw the trinket......

well, i'll leave at that.... :)

ps. i got the idea from a Korean movie however have different plot... i want it more psychological... one that really disturbs the mind...

Edited by annihilator, 16 March 2012 - 06:06 AM.

...m y a l t e r e g o...

Posted Image

pizhhh

pizhhh

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,029 posts
  • Locationin jail
^OOooohhhh, Incest.. Good one!

annihilator

annihilator

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 2,035 posts
  • Locationnomad...
gee... thanks... i still have some plots.. but saved for next time... :D

Posted Image

Hellion Twins

Hellion Twins

Fried Potato

• Donator
  • 731 posts
  • LocationKeeling over

Spoiler

This reminded me of the book Tuesdays with Morrie. Similar lines but different plot.
Wrote out an excerpt for your plot! :P

"Keep going!" Above, with each consecutive blast, dust showered down as the underground tunnel shuddered. Sandpaper air in his lungs scorched and burned, making him cough. For a moment, his gaze blurred, his mind taking him back to the wee hours of this very morning. Dawn was slowly lighting up the land and all was serene. People had already risen and were packing to move camp. Then the insurgents came, ambushing them. Screams tore through the air. Gregan found himself shouting, guiding the panicked throng to the emergency route, an abandoned underground drug smuggling tunnel.

His sight was brought back to the present. Before him, desperation and fear was in the air, tears streamed down the younger children's faces as everyone made their way through the cramped tunnel as best as they can. Catching his eye, was the determination and bravery in their eyes, the will to struggle and live on. Pride and courage swelled in his breast, pushing him forward to follow them. Was it just two months ago that he believed they were worthless to protect? These people, he was once one of them. They were his people.

Gunshots came from behind. Gregan turned to look at the burn on his arm, where the bullet grazed. Next to him, someone fell, blossoms of red growing on his back. The man's face belonged to the one he knew as Razman. Razman, who picked fights with the peace corps, who protected his little sister with his life and whom Gregan accidentally let slip about his own worries about his parents to. Someone had brought the gunman behind them down. Gregan bent down and checked. The other man was still alive. Relief shuddered through his body as he pulled him up, the corridor barely large enough for two abreast. "Come. Let's hurry."

:unsure: I hope it conveys what you were thinking about. -had itching fingers-

Edited by Hellion Twins, 16 March 2012 - 08:52 AM.

Spoiler

A gift from Maia Obanee

pizhhh

pizhhh

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,029 posts
  • Locationin jail
^ Yeah, I know that book. Mitch Albom, right? A classmate of mine always talks bout it.

I can see the similarities in the second paragraph. About how he first hated the people he's helping, but start to care for them more and more as time goes on.

Guest_Jack._von_Kartoffel

Guest_Jack._von_Kartoffel
  • Guests
A manga about a teenager related to the deep web, 4chan and aliens. I'll add further ideas later.

Read Exodus by Julie Bertagna. It's a novel, not a manga, but I so want the internet bit to become real. *-*

Thank you so much, I'll be sure to check it. *-*

Edited by Jack., 17 March 2012 - 06:31 AM.

Xbox User

Xbox User

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 210 posts
  • LocationXbox Dashboard
I have always been fascinated by the Grim Reaper, so I will usually create stories that revolve around an embodiment of the Grim Reaper or a character that resembles him. I describe the Reaper as a professional just performing his job of collecting souls of the departed. And what I mean by a character that resembles the Reaper is a character that only resembles him in appearance. You know black clothes, usually robes, and a scythe as a weapon. Maybe I'll throw in some powers like Death's Touch or Teleportation through different means. The Reaper is my muse for a lot of story ideas I come up with. Just thought I share that.

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Please enjoy the show!

Hellion Twins

Hellion Twins

Fried Potato

• Donator
  • 731 posts
  • LocationKeeling over

^ Yeah, I know that book. Mitch Albom, right? A classmate of mine always talks bout it.

I can see the similarities in the second paragraph. About how he first hated the people he's helping, but start to care for them more and more as time goes on.

Yep. I made it more UN v Taliban story than the post calamitous I intended though. x-x

A manga about a teenager related to the deep web, 4chan and aliens. I'll add further ideas later.

Read Exodus by Julie Bertagna. It's a novel, not a manga, but I so want the internet bit to become real. *-*

Edited by Hellion Twins, 17 March 2012 - 06:28 AM.

Spoiler

A gift from Maia Obanee

Hellion Twins

Hellion Twins

Fried Potato

• Donator
  • 731 posts
  • LocationKeeling over
This thread needs to live. x_X

Spoiler

A gift from Maia Obanee

pizhhh

pizhhh

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,029 posts
  • Locationin jail

This thread needs to live. x_X

I'll try to post another of my ideas when I get home. xD

perish

perish

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 274 posts
  • Locationcannot be located
If it's story writing, you guys should visit

www.wattpad.com

most of the stories are good there

i have written a few stories too........ but i don't feel like posting now

i'll give a detailed list later

#1 Imprisoned
#2 Enflammee
#3 Bride to be

Hellion Twins

Hellion Twins

Fried Potato

• Donator
  • 731 posts
  • LocationKeeling over
Wattpad?

That's the first time I've heard of it.

Spoiler

A gift from Maia Obanee

perish

perish

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 274 posts
  • Locationcannot be located
mostly aussie are there, http://www.wattpad.com

try it, me and my friends are hung on this site

Equiliz

Equiliz

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 660 posts
  • Locationin your mind
If I ever write something fictional, it has to be bittersweet. Crying and laughing at the same time. That'd be my goal...
"Don't ask what the world needs. Ask what makes you come alive, and go do it. Because what the world needs is people who have come alive." Howard Thurman

"Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow." Albert Einstein

Visit my deviantart

annihilator

annihilator

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 2,035 posts
  • Locationnomad...
i also like to write one comedy but it so hard to think of an awesome plot that will really make the reader laugh... it should nuclearly bombastic or else it will come out flatly lame... somewhere along the story line of innocence, arrogance, jealousy and anger.... can you make a funny story with jealousy or anger? now i'm wondering...

Posted Image

Hellion Twins

Hellion Twins

Fried Potato

• Donator
  • 731 posts
  • LocationKeeling over

i also like to write one comedy but it so hard to think of an awesome plot that will really make the reader laugh... it should nuclearly bombastic or else it will come out flatly lame... somewhere along the story line of innocence, arrogance, jealousy and anger.... can you make a funny story with jealousy or anger? now i'm wondering...

Jealousy and spite from a misunderstanding resulting in constant prank wars.

Spoiler

A gift from Maia Obanee

pizhhh

pizhhh

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,029 posts
  • Locationin jail
What goes on after the story has ended?
What happens to the people left behind after the final battle?
I wanna write a story set after the end.

They've just defeated the evil overlord/eldritch abomination/tentacled pervert that threatened to end the balance of the universe. But the battle was not without losses. Lots of people died along the way, including the hero who sacrificed his life in order to defeat evil. This is where the story begins.

The story is centered on the late hero's girlfriend (would it be correct to call her a widow?). The whole world celebrates his boyfriend as their savior, and pretty much consider him a god. How does she get on with her life after losing her most important person, the one she would gladly trade the world for? How does she move on, when everywhere she looks, she quite literally sees the face of the man she loved so much?

It also shows the lives of their companions after the conflict. How that assassin-turned-ally is now forced to return to killing people to make a living. How that child genius is forced to return to his boring life as a college student. How that career soldier is now court-martialed for disobeying orders to fight the final battle. How that powerful fire mage is reduced to doing menial jobs like starting a bonfire, or showing kids magic tricks.

Also, though the dark lord has been killed, the conflict is still not over. Pockets of his army still roam the lands, terrorizing what's left of the world. People are left homeless from the countless battles, economy and government are a mess. Cities are damaged, some of them reduced to rubble. Recovery and rebuilding are moving at a snails pace. The story shows how ordinary people cope with such harsh times.

(@Hellion: It's quite late, I know. Procrastinated. I have no excuses. -_- )

Edited by Pizhhh, 24 March 2012 - 06:33 AM.

Hellion Twins

Hellion Twins

Fried Potato

• Donator
  • 731 posts
  • LocationKeeling over

What goes on after the story has ended? What happens to the people left behind after the final battle? I wanna write a story set after the end. They've just defeated the evil overlord/eldritch abomination/tentacled pervert that threatened to end the balance of the universe. But the battle was not without losses. Lots of people died along the way, including the hero who sacrificed his life in order to defeat evil. This is where the story begins. The story is centered on the late hero's girlfriend (would it be correct to call her a widow?). The whole world celebrates his boyfriend as their savior, and pretty much consider him a god. How does she get on with her life after losing her most important person, the one she would gladly trade the world for? How does she move on, when everywhere she looks, she quite literally sees the face of the man she loved so much? It also shows the lives of their companions after the conflict. How that assassin-turned-ally is now forced to return to killing people to make a living. How that child genius is forced to return to his boring life as a college student. How that career soldier is now court-martialed for disobeying orders to fight the final battle. How that powerful fire mage is reduced to doing menial jobs like starting a bonfire, or showing kids magic tricks. Also, though the dark lord has been killed, the conflict is still not over. Pockets of his army still roam the lands, terrorizing what's left of the world. People are left homeless from the countless battles, economy and government are a mess. Cities are damaged, some of them reduced to rubble. Recovery and rebuilding are moving at a snails pace. The story shows how ordinary people cope with such harsh times. (@Hellion: It's quite late, I know. Procrastinated. I have no excuses. -_- )

Aweseome 'slice of life'.

Yeah, I've often wondered what happened in the aftermath too. -sighs-
Mnn. An RP on that would be awesome too.

Ahahaha, you're better than Knives. I pulled him from MF and his promise to post his intro has been over a week +++. He last promised to do it like, two days ago.

Spoiler

A gift from Maia Obanee