Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

funniest manga you've read

• Please log in to reply
69 replies to this topic

Meow Zorg

Meow Zorg

Potato

• Members
  • 115 posts
  • LocationNapa, California
my name is zushio
hilarous :D

To be honest i believe that fan service is terrible

nert5

nert5

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 50 posts
Lucky Star

Don't know why but it is the funniest thing I have ever read outside of dilbert

Guest_Jack._von_Kartoffel

Guest_Jack._von_Kartoffel
  • Guests
Nichijou for sure.

Skydreamer707

Skydreamer707

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 216 posts
  • LocationMars

Katsuko Otsukaeshimasu!

probably not the funniest, since i never read just "comedy" but the best one so far.

Edited by skydreamer707, 14 March 2012 - 05:08 AM.

Poor Orphan Ian.

Spoiler

Spoiler

Thunder Wolf

Thunder Wolf

Fried Potato

• Retired Mods
  • 656 posts
  • LocationDiscord

Nichijou for sure.

Yes.

I'd also like to add Medaka Box, for those who understand the humor. I also love 4koma such as Working!!. Gag mangas like Fujimura to Meitsu or D-Frag are also great.
Really, I can't say which one I find the funniest, because I have many different forms of humor I enjoy. And it's hard for me to compare meta-jokes to gags.

2z50p6t.png

Buttock Follicle

Buttock Follicle

Couch Potato

• Contributor
  • 2,433 posts
  • Locationfuttocking away~
Satomi the Sadist

...just read it... XD

Ran★Moonie

Ran★Moonie

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 562 posts
  • Locationin the realm of unconsciousness
Dengeki Daisy..i laughed till my stomach hurts...:D

tumblr_o6ntzceUea1twrse4o1_540.jpg

"Everyone wants to carve their scars into someone else."   

Laurens D

Laurens D

Baked Potato

• tC Donator
  • 1,475 posts
  • Locationin the tower!
Zippy Ziggy, The first few pages start with fun already :P

Posted Image

This is not my fault!

You could have bought my cookies.

kdom

kdom

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 376 posts
Sket Dance and Arakawa come in mind. One for being stupid and the other for being utterly stupid.

btw I have notice that the funny level of a manga seems to be proportional to the retardness of the characters. Do you know a funny manga with serious characters ?

Rol

Rol

Oui Purée

• Donator
  • 3,270 posts
It's an anime, but I laughed so hard watching Zero no Tsukaima ^^
I think Id has its funny moments, with not too much retarded characters ( Except for grey u_u )

wtjpw658v4xz.gif

TheCrowSword

TheCrowSword

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 732 posts
  • LocationDenmark
well there is a lot, but will still mention hot blooded women

because it was the first manhwa/manga to me laugh ^^
Posted Image
Spoiler

Antisolar

Antisolar

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,198 posts
  • LocationSanzu-no-kawa
I don't remember all manga i had fun but I can tell the last : Dragon's Son Changsik : http://vatoto.com/comic/_/comics/dragons-son-changsik-r3305
Also, I had a lot of fun reading Gintama. Some chapter are just epic et doesn't require to know the characters :
http://vatoto.com/read/_/79604/gintama_v30_ch263_by_binktopia/1 or http://vatoto.com/read/_/79573/gintama_v27_ch237_by_watta/11 (the real fun start p11 with the story from the radio)
or Fujimaru-kun Mates : http://vatoto.com/comic/_/comics/fujimura-kun-mates-r364 (but I just can understand how broken their mind are)

aoshik12.jpg

Katzilla

Katzilla

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,097 posts
Gintama and Sket Dance manage to make me laugh, but for Gintama I only watched the anime. Same thing with Nichijou.

One manga that almost consistently makes me chuckle is Yotsubato! though. Surprised no one mentioned it.

sig-1.png

ValorantX

ValorantX

Baked Potato

• Contributor
  • 1,601 posts
Gintama (genius level comedy and ranked #4 in Japan as one of the best series of all time, but the beginning is horrible so you have to endure)
Kyou Kara Ore Wa (recommended by friend as one of the funniest and ranked #2 in Japan as one of the best series of all time)
Fujimura-Kun Meitsu (one of my personal favorites, the gags are a bit light but I laughed nearly every chapter)

"Once you label me you negate me." - Soren Kierkegaard

kdom

kdom

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 376 posts

One manga that almost consistently makes me chuckle is Yotsubato! though. Surprised no one mentioned it.

Yes Yotsuba is cute and funny but I think it is pretty well known now, which is good since it deserve it.

I started Nichijou since it was named a few times so I was curious. So far it's disappointing. It makes me smile at most. I don't say it is bad but certainly not the funniest thing I have read.

Otherwise if you like delinquent humor, Beelzebub is also very good. In fact Beelzebub has become more a comedy manga than an action one.
And if you like retard characters give a try to Boku to Issho. Suguo and Itokin stupidity gave me some of the biggest laugh ever.

Edited by kdom, 16 March 2012 - 02:29 PM.

Katzilla

Katzilla

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,097 posts
Nichijou is quite popular as well, or at least the anime is. Which one did you start, manga or anime? The anime's sound effects and voice acting makes some scenes more funny.

Edited by Katsuri, 16 March 2012 - 09:37 AM.

sig-1.png

kdom

kdom

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 376 posts
The manga, I don't watch that many anime anymore (Gintama is an exception). In this humor genre I think I prefer Arakawa. I will give it some more time but I doubt it will become a favorite of mine.

Lalbutt

Lalbutt

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,365 posts
  • LocationMoving Castle
oresama teacher is a favourite <3

penguin71

penguin71

Russet Potato

• Contributor
  • 268 posts
  • LocationThat state that no one cares about
I really enjoyed Seto no Hanayome, though I think the anime is much better than the manga. Yankee-Kun to Megane-Chan isn't straight comedy, but it can be funny at times as well.

~やら~やら

The Best Bagels

Former Typesetter/Blogger for FKMTkrazy

Spoiler

Seiris21

Seiris21

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 93 posts
  • LocationWandering the Celestial Plain
For some reason, I found parts of Skip Beat to be funny