Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Old Nostalgic Anime/Manga

old nostalgic

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

Catbug

Catbug

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 282 posts
  • LocationBear Island, the seat of House Mormont.
Posted Image Hi everyone!!!

I'm being a bit reminiscent here but do you remember the Anime you watched growing up? Or the first manga you've ever read?

I'm just asking around since, well Negima just ended and that was the first manga I've read...now I know I'm an adult now Posted Image

But I'm posting this forum (which I usually don't) because I need help.

The first Anime I've ever watch was Yaiba. The plot was about an adventuring samurai named Yaiba Kurogane who knows how to be a samurai, and little else. I really want to watch it again but finding the torrent is impossible, even in Tokyotosho or Bakabt. So I'm asking if any of you guys know...please tell me.

Posted Image
"‎I don't know if you've ever let someone down, got your ass kicked or straight up failed. But those are the moments that define us. They push you further than you've ever thought possible, and force you to make choices. No matter what the cost."
Posted ImagePosted Image

foxyeisenhower

foxyeisenhower

Fried Potato

• Contributor
  • 795 posts
  • LocationKONY 2013 STOP SOPA RIP Spider-man too soon
give up on torrent, find a download

btw using stock cartoon pictures to convey your point rather than words doesn't really help you come off like an adult
Spoiler

Catbug

Catbug

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 282 posts
  • LocationBear Island, the seat of House Mormont.
I know...but I'm still 18 at heart.

Where can I find the download?
"‎I don't know if you've ever let someone down, got your ass kicked or straight up failed. But those are the moments that define us. They push you further than you've ever thought possible, and force you to make choices. No matter what the cost."
Posted ImagePosted Image

Arcenciel

Arcenciel

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 26 posts
http://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=3599

I"s. First romance I read. Pretty good art, even by today's standards.

manga2x

manga2x

Fried Potato

• Donator
  • 575 posts
  • LocationTawi Tawi naval district
@Cydric
Just in case if you are still looking for old anime
Try http://chauthanh.info/
They have a good collection of anime

penguin71

penguin71

Russet Potato

• Contributor
  • 268 posts
  • LocationThat state that no one cares about
I'd say the first anime I ever saw was Pokemon, though at the time I didn't know what "anime" was. First manga was probably Ai Kora, and it was so good I jumped right into the world of anime and manga after I finished it.

~やら~やら

The Best Bagels

Former Typesetter/Blogger for FKMTkrazy

Spoiler

HHiker

HHiker

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 15 posts
  • LocationBarricaded in my apartment cuz I don't have rent
Wow first manga/anime I ever watched huh... for me that would be a tie between Saint Seiya and Dragonball Z. Wait, it might actually by Doraemon, I think I use to watch reruns of this on TV along with Ranma 1/2. As for manga.. I started off with Video Girl Ai, it is by the same author as I''S which I also enjoyed reading. Man I still remember the days, downloading episodes and chapters weekly on IRC and torrents was still too new and I believe Napster was still the source for pirated music.
Don't Panic, not every hitchhiker is an axe wielding murderer. Some of us carry beer!

Katzen

Katzen

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 937 posts
i think my first anime was doraemon? lol, i still like it though, and i still want his gadgets.
i remember watching Ranma 1/2, Rurouni Kenshin, Sailor Moon Super S, Dragon Ball Z...Fushigi Yuugi, when i was in grade school. they were being aired on some network here. i miss those haha

as for manga, i don't really remember the first manga i read @__@

яαιηвσω яσ¢кѕ ヾ(◍’౪`◍)ノ゙| SlhbZiq.gif

Valsie

Valsie

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 517 posts
  • LocationIn the hands of none.
My first anime was Busou Renkin, then Saint Seiya, then dragon ball.
My first manga was ,for sure, Neon Genesis Evangelion.

I am a deconstruction of the moe genre.

sta

sta

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 6 posts
My first anime was either Tenchi Muyo or Rurouni Kenshin, but I didn't start reading manga until a few years ago so the first was Bleach.

Virzel

Virzel

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 376 posts
  • LocationHaunted Mansion
my first anime was sincan,doraemon and saint seiya
and for manga was shaman king,naruto

7.jpg

5.jpg

PhoenixAUS

PhoenixAUS

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 541 posts
  • LocationUnder a sakura tree with a blue sky and a cooling breeze, sleeping soundly
sailor moon was my first anime :D

Xagnam - My brother in KPOP

kdom

kdom

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 376 posts
Like lot of french I grew up with the club dorothée and all the animé with the kitchest openings ever. Yet, there is one which save us from eternal shame. You were the best Nicky !

foxyeisenhower

foxyeisenhower

Fried Potato

• Contributor
  • 795 posts
  • LocationKONY 2013 STOP SOPA RIP Spider-man too soon
dbz inuyasha cyborg 009 ranma 1/2

pokemon was more of a video game to me I never really followed the show

http://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=3599

I"s. First romance I read. Pretty good art, even by today's standards.

I have mixed feelings about this author, he was one of the first that I ever read but despite the art being okay the writing was just never any good at all for any of his banal teen school romances
then I read a oneshot he wrote called M. After re-reading it a few times in disbelief, I came to the conclusion that he had just taken the piss out of every shitty juvenile love story he had ever written
Its like, he's aware of how shit his writing is but that might actually just be the limit for shonen romance drama and literally cannot improve beyond that because of pressure from his editors to produce the same old shit
Spoiler

SidL

SidL

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 570 posts
My first was pokemon and dbz, dunno which one came first.
Then it I started watching this anime movie aired on t.v, something about nature, spirit, and how deforestation and pollution is destroying those. Forgot the name of this, but it was really good.
Other than those, i would say Inuyasha.

serriatian

serriatian

Potato Spud

• Contributor
  • 35 posts
my first anime was pokemon
my first manga was hayate no gotoku

Edited by lightbulbogdoom, 15 October 2012 - 04:53 AM.

IX0FbmT.jpg

ValorantX

ValorantX

Baked Potato

• Contributor
  • 1,601 posts
Anime I grew up with is probably stuff like Pokemon and Dragonball/Dragonball Z. Those are the most memorable ones anyways.

"Once you label me you negate me." - Soren Kierkegaard

PhoenixAUS

PhoenixAUS

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 541 posts
  • LocationUnder a sakura tree with a blue sky and a cooling breeze, sleeping soundly
first manga i read was Naruto

Xagnam - My brother in KPOP

Arlo

Arlo

Potato

• Members
  • 145 posts
The first anime I saw was Akira. For a long time (in the US that is), about the only things available were movies, so after that I saw pretty much all of the early ones released in the US - Castle of Cagliostro, Ninja Scroll, Venus Wars, Vampire Hunter D, Demon City Shinzuku, Golgo 13, Armitage III, that sort of thing... The first series I saw was whichever was the first they showed on the Cartoon Network - probably either Tenchi Muyo (Tenchi Universe, actually) or Gundam Wing. DBZ, Sailor Moon and Pokemon were all around then, but I didn't watch any of them.

I didn't start reading manga until much later. I think the first I read was Elfen Lied, after being blown away by the series and hearing that the manga version had much more detail and a much longer story. Now I only rarely watch anime and read much, MUCH more manga.

omnipwnage

omnipwnage

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 222 posts
  • LocationOregon
Gods damn you... my first was Samurai Pizza Cats, long before I knew what anime was ._. then DBZ and all that Toonami/ Adult Swim fanfare when I was an early teen.. I feel old knowing it was hosted by Moltar and then handed over to TOM. I do remember the first anime I actually despised was Hamtaro, though. My first actual manga series.. was probably Berserk, Shin Angyo Onshi, and Homunculus, when I was around 15 >_>