Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Link to Master Author Blog Translations

• Please log in to reply
147 replies to this topic

Trebor

Trebor

Voice to the Voiceless

• Administrators
  • 1,918 posts
  • LocationUSA

UPDATE: RWF has been kind enough to make a googledoc with all the blog posts for us: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1jOMsuq4k26iCWUH9qoPWo-2EOPKN7nzwLMk5vcuH8hM/edit

I first came up with the idea of collecting all the author blog translations in one place a little over a year ago. I collected all the known translated blogs at that time, stuck it all in one thread, and edited them. This project continued for maybe a week or two until I was finished, and then I just stopped. And now, almost exactly a year later, here I am again, once again collecting, updating, and editing a year's worth of author blogs.

That thread has since grown, mirroring the (apparent) popularity of ToG. While not completely unmanageable, it is time for a fresh start, so that thread will now be locked and this thread will take its place.

I apologize for neglecting to maintain the old thread for nearly a year. And hopefully I can commit to something more frequent; let's say, six month updates? (Yes, that is a joke. And also, yes, this will likely be what happens, because weekly updates are time consuming)

Pervasive edits were made throughout, both to the author's and translator's text, for grammar, formatting, spelling, content, etc. Edits are not noted by brackets, ellipses, footnotes, or any other method. I took a substance-based approach to this, not a stylistic-based approach. For example, the author's original post may have said "???," but as more information became available, I have substituted that information in. Any errors or deviations from the original is, of course, my fault; you may address mistakes to me directly via PM. Where possible, I have sought to source everything to their original translator.

Acknowledgments: Though some of these people don't even know who I am or might not see this, I owe a debt of gratitude to the following. All the translators of these blog posts (Grumpy, cat92, naver.com (not the website, the username), LaFa, 25th_chestnut, and any others that I may have missed). Additionally, I would like to thank Kroll for compiling this information into a list after I stopped updating this nearly one year ago and Moirae for her compilation and sourcing, upon which I drew sources and material.

First, Grumpy, our own ToG translator, has translations in a pinned thread above. Here is, I think, the most important part of that.

Names and known locations of the 13 Month Weapon Series (Updated 2012-03-11):

Spoiler

The top 15 high rankers. The top 7 were from cat92 of mangafox. 8, 10, 11, 14 were from 25th_chestnut. Number 9 was from LaFa. 12, 13, and 15 were from the user "Naver.com." (Updated 2012-03-11):

Ranks #1-5
Spoiler

Ranks #6-10
Spoiler

Ranks #11-15
Spoiler

Also, SIU made some stat cards for the Regulars, The translation were done by Greenanatoly and cleaned/typeset by Kroll (one of our members). I hope I'm not forgetting anyone in these credits. The cards can be downloaded here: http://www.mediafire.com/?rr4r14o5ctmudrr

Edited by ♫The Manta Rays-Alright!, 07 September 2014 - 02:34 PM.

Trebor

Trebor

Voice to the Voiceless

• Administrators
  • 1,918 posts
  • LocationUSA
Again, from cat92 in a thread on mangafox, about positions and and shinsoo contracts (edited by me for format and clarity. Please refer to the original thread for the original translation):
Spoiler

And another one, again from cat92 in a thread on mangafox. This time, it's about the more fundamental nature of shinsoo. It's framed as an extract from a book. This one is also heavily edited by me:
Spoiler

cat92 has translated another blog post from the author, about the Tower (with edits by me):
Spoiler

"Naver.com," explains the Three Lord System. (Updated 2012-03-11)
Spoiler

25th_chestnut with more on the 10 Great Families. (Updated 2012-03-12)
Spoiler

Edited by Trebor, 12 March 2012 - 06:31 PM.

Trebor

Trebor

Voice to the Voiceless

• Administrators
  • 1,918 posts
  • LocationUSA
This post reserved for my future use.
Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri

Rafa El

Rafa El

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 250 posts
  • LocationWarsaw
the pyro girl is from Yun family, according to chestnut's translation

Lucifer

Lucifer

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 658 posts
Is that translation of the tower correct? If it is that the tiny things on the side is as large as north american continent.
Tower of ToG.jpg

Attached Files

Happines and Light needs a source to exist
Hatred fuels itself and Darkness exist where there is no Light

Wizard's Rules
Spoiler

Shintai

Shintai

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 402 posts
I also noticed that when Lero-ro showed Baam the figure, but later on you see him changing the block into showing the face of an irregular, Urek Mazino iirc. I don't think the block has any real meaning to the size or form of the tower. Chapter 10

25th_chestnut

25th_chestnut

Potato

• The Company (inactive)
  • 155 posts
The last two ??? Clans should be Han (Ari Han) and Yun (Pyro Girl).

Edited by 25th_chestnut, 12 March 2012 - 04:57 PM.

Trebor

Trebor

Voice to the Voiceless

• Administrators
  • 1,918 posts
  • LocationUSA

Edited in.
Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri

Gizmos

Gizmos

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 854 posts

There's already Arie clan(led by Arie Hon), is Han clan different from Arie clan?

Trebor

Trebor

Voice to the Voiceless

• Administrators
  • 1,918 posts
  • LocationUSA

There's already Arie clan(led by Arie Hon), is Han clan different from Arie clan?

Yes. Arie Hon is not Ari Han. Though, I will add that these translations aren't from The Company, and are subject to change. When The Company translates it, we may decide on a different translation. For example, 25th_chestnut used Yun family, but we are using Yeon family, and the post reflects this.

Gizmos

Gizmos

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 854 posts

Yes. Arie Hon is not Ari Han. Though, I will add that these translations aren't from The Company, and are subject to change. When The Company translates it, we may decide on a different translation. For example, 25th_chestnut used Yun family, but we are using Yeon family, and the post reflects this.

Thanks for fast clarification. They really sounded same to me. Did SUI reveal them in last chapter? I know he revealed Yeon, but Hon? Isn't this Silverhair guy's family name?

25th_chestnut

25th_chestnut

Potato

• The Company (inactive)
  • 155 posts
Silver-hair is unrelated to the Ten Clans. Hon is his last name.

Ari Han is briefly mentioned in Ha Yurin's profile as the father of Yurin's twin sons (so... Yuri's grandfather).

Gizmos

Gizmos

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 854 posts

Silver-hair is unrelated to the Ten Clans. Hon is his last name.

Ari Han is briefly mentioned in Ha Yurin's profile as the father of Yurin's twin sons (so... Yuri's grandfather).

Okay, I read your translations again. I noticed TN now, I probably didn't read them carefully enough before. Thanks Chestnut...

Shintai

Shintai

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 402 posts
Just a suggestion: On the topic about the ten great families, would it be possible to add the picture of their symbols? :)

Edited by Shintai, 13 March 2012 - 05:10 PM.

Jawangnan

Jawangnan

Potato

• Members
  • 130 posts

Just a suggestion: On the topic about the ten great families, would it be possible to add the picture of their symbols? :)

I think though we only know one (Koon) or maybe two (if we get Flamethrower girl's family name) ...

Shintai

Shintai

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 402 posts
At least the picture that was in the series, and a bit of editing to point out which one is which one? :) Filling it out as soon as we get to know which symbol is which clan.

Could wait until later then, just some small idea I thought of ^^

Trebor

Trebor

Voice to the Voiceless

• Administrators
  • 1,918 posts
  • LocationUSA
Not worth it / not possible. We only know of two crests (Yeon and Koon families).

Shintai

Shintai

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 402 posts
Ok ^^

Rafa El

Rafa El

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 250 posts
  • LocationWarsaw
arie hon's is pretty obvious, no ? white oar

Trebor

Trebor

Voice to the Voiceless

• Administrators
  • 1,918 posts
  • LocationUSA
I'm not inclined to guess at stuff like this. Also, don't forget what thread this is. This is the author blog thread, not a wiki or place for ALL ToG info. Unless this info comes from a blog, it will NOT be in this thread.