Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Who does negi like?

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

Mokata

Mokata

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 72 posts
  • Locationshin makoku
I still want to say asuna cause I am clinche person.
Think about princess and the lost prince.

In reality or anime reality I think yue since the 2nd to last chapter was about yue.

Souldrake

Souldrake

Russet Potato

• Contributor
  • 275 posts
I forgot her name, but I would say it is possible for him to like the scientist girl he was with throughout most of the Magic World arc. I have considered Yue and Nodoka as possibilities too even though I would have preferred Asuna as well.

Souldrake
Manga-Heaven Co-Founder and Translator [Retired]

Dhoozy

Dhoozy

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 42 posts
Yue chan since the focus is on her now it seems.

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 2 posts
Nodoka Miyazaki... :]
Love S2
Spoiler

B-een-nul-nul

B-een-nul-nul

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 3 posts
i wanted it to be the classrep cuz she's just tooooooo cute! :wub:

Oathkeeper92

Oathkeeper92

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 4 posts
KU FEI!!!! TO produce a Chao!!!

WordBearer

WordBearer

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts
Probably Yue. It cant be Asuna coz in ch.353 he told her who he likes (vid http://vatoto.com/read/_/86798/mahou-sensei-negima_ch353_by_red-hawk-scans/14)

gingryu

gingryu

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Locationbatoto.net where else
Anna, his childhood friend.

Rave Jai Ho

Rave Jai Ho

Potato

• Members
  • 114 posts

Anna, his childhood friend.

Oh! What happed to Anna? I forgot about her.

Snowl

Snowl

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 418 posts
  • LocationCanada
List of potential love interests: Anya, Asuna, Ayaka, Chachamaru, Chisame, Evangeline, Ku Fei, Makie, Nodoka, Yue,
(Of course Negi could have a crush on someone not interested in him but humor me for a bit)

1) Not Asuna
Remaining: Anya, Ayaka, Chachamaru, Chisame, Evangeline, Ku Fei, Makie, Nodoka, Yue
2) It's someone Asuna would never have guessed. Nodoka, Yue and Anya are out. Possibly Ku Fei as well.
Remaining: Ayaka, Chachamaru, Chisame, Evangeline, Ku Fei(?), Makie
3) Same type of person. Evangeline and Chachamaru are the closest to Negi personality wise. Chisame is a possibility. Ku Fei and Makie out.
4) Asuna thinks it could work. Evangeline relevancy is reduced (depending on how much Asuna cares about an over a century long age gap).
5) Negi has to have shown some interest in the girl. Ayaka out.

So three girls fit Asuna's criteria more or less (in order of relevance):
Chachamaru
Evangeline
Chisame

Keep in mind it's only a crush (and not even a strong one at that).

My guess is that Negi has a small crush on Evangeline but not in a romantic sense (he's only 10 or 11). It would be closer to admiration--look how much he admires his dad and given that he sees Evangeline at the same level it's not preposterous. Evangeline also doubles as a sort of mother figure for him.

Edited by Snowl, 11 March 2012 - 02:20 AM.

ryowulf

ryowulf

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 59 posts

Probably Yue. It cant be Asuna coz in ch.353 he told her who he likes (vid http://vatoto.com/read/_/86798/mahou-sensei-negima_ch353_by_red-hawk-scans/14)

A ten year old boy saying he likes X must mean he grows up to marry her? The future photo had Fate, Negi, Asuna and the class president all together. What more needs to be said?

nicko.gozum

nicko.gozum

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts
i always wanted it to be chisame..but i can't depict who negi meant in (http://vatoto.com/read/_/86798/mahou-sensei-negima_ch353_by_red-hawk-scans/14)

RS456

RS456

Potato

• Members
  • 103 posts
Definately not Yui because it was clearly said her first love was shattered. Its between Anya and Asuna. Anya might of been the girl Negi told Asuna he liked. If you noticed Anya was not mentiontion in the last chapter anywhere. For Evangeline it said she watched over the boy (Negi) and the girl whom she saw herself so definately not her. Negi is actually in Asuna's future (look at the two characters in the background one of them is definately Negi) and so is Ayaka but for Ayaka it said she was just happy to stand one side behind Negi and in the future where Asuna overslept it doesn't seem like Ayaka married Negi otherwise her great great granddaughter would of reffered Negi as great great grandfather instead of a friend of my great great grandmother so not Ayaka either. One who Negi told he liked could also be Evangeline because Asuna did say she never would of guessed but in a way Negi was similar to that girl.

Edited by RS456, 11 March 2012 - 04:37 PM.

Karma Gyalpo

Karma Gyalpo

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • LocationSidoarjo, Indonesia
How about makie? because in the end of chapter they said that nodoka's and yue's love has shattered.. evangeline is too far away in being negi's wife, Asuna more or less is his auntie, ayaka consider him as a little brother, Ku Fei still has possibilities but i think Ku fei is marrying someone with Chao's family name and her son marry Negi's daugther so Chao is technically Negi's grand daughter.. Makie is the one and only that persistent in getting Negi as her husband. it not impossible at all that she get it at last...

Chisame is a great possibilities as well because Negi really need her in one or another way :P

Haganai

Haganai

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 92 posts
  • LocationBatoto
Rather than discussing this here endlessly, why don't someone ask the author.
But one things for sure, it's not Asuna.

Secundum

Secundum

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 26 posts
  • LocationEngland

It's a shame, I was always hoping for Yue.

If it wasn't gonna be Yue I'd have gone with either Chisame, Nodoka, Ku Fei, Makie, or Ako.

RS456

RS456

Potato

• Members
  • 103 posts
Its between Asuna and Anya. For Asuna, Negi was deliberately not mentioned in her text while he was mentioned in everyone elses future text directly and indirecty. For Ayaka it said she was happy just to work along side him while for Asuna, Negi was not even mentioned when she was working along side Negi. Anya did not even have a future text and being Negi's childhood friend and around his age makes her just as likely. All others are basically ruled out.

cougarpeople

cougarpeople

Potato Spud

• Contributor
  • 30 posts
  • LocationHong Kong - China
To be honest I would have liked akamatsu to just pick one girl so all this debate about who he likes could be over and done with - he owed us that much to end it all.

RS456

RS456

Potato

• Members
  • 103 posts
Same here. I hate it when a writer does that especially when he/she is concluding the series completely. A right way to completely conclude a series is how Full Metal Alchemist manga and anime (Brotherhood) was ended. It completely resolved all the issues, opens up a new chapter in the main characters life, and also gives an opening for the future. It could be possible Negima was made that way intentionally for a future ova special.

Aquinox

Aquinox

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 49 posts
  • Locationplanes of confusion
I have to disagree with you people who claim the need for a closed end.

First off it's a stylistic instrument to have a more or less - in this case less - open end. Had Akamatsu-sensei chosen a girl there'd be as many people (maybe even more) who would whine b/c they did not like the choice.

I think Haganai's idea is best -though whether it'll be succesfull is arguable.

W.r.t the girl Negi likes we can rule out Yue and Nodoka (such a shame!), Asuna, IInchou, KuFei as well as all others who married.
I think it's a girl who resembles Eva in personality b/c it'S said that she continues to watch over the boy and the girl.

Makie looks like a reasonable idea - especially as she calls Nagi "Otou-san" which might mean (as I recal from other romantic mangas) that she's in a relationship with negi.

Pity - I wanted the girl of choice to be Ookuchi Akira.
There are two types of people in this world, good and bad. The good
sleep better, but the bad seem to enjoy the waking hours much more.
-- Woody Allen