Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Chapter Discussions (Spoilers)

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

malgod

malgod

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 38 posts
  • LocationAustralia ;)
Woow, WOOOOOOOOOOOW. The ending of ch1 was pretty epic and unexpected. Can't believe she died!! Wonder what's gonna happen next!

p.s it was hard to read lol

*edit* so it was cliche, i need to read more manga lol

Edited by malgod, 20 March 2012 - 03:52 AM.

"Heaven knows we need never be ashamed of our tears, for they are rain upon the blinding dust of earth, overlaying our hard hearts"

Boss The Kid

Boss The Kid

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 8 posts
Hmm the first chapter was good but it kinda feels like this is unoriginal and I watched or read something like this before...
Maybe it's just me but this seems like its not ganna throw out anything surprising seeing how it started off with the introduction of his childhood friend (who is probably in a coma having an out of body experience) and the second girl almost has no chance in h first place. This kinda remind me of midori days mixed in with something else.

Seikah

Seikah

Potato

• Donator
  • 167 posts
Quit reading when they pulled that done-to-death trip into a girl's breasts cliché. Seriously?

greensoulreaper

greensoulreaper

Potato

• Contributor
  • 152 posts

Hmm the first chapter was good but it kinda feels like this is unoriginal and I watched or read something like this before...
Maybe it's just me but this seems like its not ganna throw out anything surprising seeing how it started off with the introduction of his childhood friend (who is probably in a coma having an out of body experience) and the second girl almost has no chance in h first place. This kinda remind me of midori days mixed in with something else.

I think that and mixed with Ichigo 100%...maybe....but not really.....

Edited by greensoulreaper, 28 February 2012 - 08:26 PM.

KiTA

KiTA

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 50 posts
I'm going to call the plot right now:

Either:
* She's not dead, she's in a coma.
* She doesn't know why she's out of her body, but he's the only one that can see and help her get back (which will invariably involve him working out his feelings with her).

or
* She is dead.
* She doesn't know why she can't pass on, but he's the only one that can see and help her get back (which will invariably involve him working out his feelings with her)

I doubt it's the former. It closes off too many plot hooks that they could use later on.

But either way, the other girl starts striking up a relationship with him, and it makes her absolutely furious, complicating matters, yadda yadda.

Plot hooks I could also see:
* If the other girl can see her, that makes this into a more traditional love triangle -- but more complex if she is, in fact, dead.
* She got into an accident on his bike, meaning it was almost directly his / the other girl's fault.

Edited by KiTA, 29 February 2012 - 03:53 PM.

ValorantX

ValorantX

Baked Potato

• Contributor
  • 1,601 posts
hmm......we'll assume she's flying in the beginning of the chapter because she's a ghost?

"Once you label me you negate me." - Soren Kierkegaard

KiTA

KiTA

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 50 posts
Pretty much confirmed by the end of the chapter.

Ravin

Ravin

Potato Spud

• Contributor
  • 45 posts
  • Locationeast united states
....wow i won't tell anything but nice guesses. Also 13th Hour will release chapter 2 soon since it was only 25 pages lol.
I am the proofreader for it so i get first site at correct version :)
But i ain't revealing anything.

penguin71

penguin71

Russet Potato

• Contributor
  • 268 posts
  • LocationThat state that no one cares about
Leave it to Jump for serializing a series like this (it possibly filled in the romcom slot that Kagami left behind). I'm not seeing too much originality here. There are some cliches, but I'll give the author the benefit of the doubt for now. Ecchi (meaning gratuitous amounts of fanservice) and a whole lotta other romcom shounen tropes.

In all honestly, I can't blame the mangaka because that's what Jump seems to love. Give them what they want and it will sell well right?

Note: The artwork seems a bit cluttered, possibly due to the fact that he only had one other manga, so he's probably a newcomer mangaka as well

~やら~やら

The Best Bagels

Former Typesetter/Blogger for FKMTkrazy

Spoiler

KiTA

KiTA

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 50 posts
Wow, I called that one. The rose thing is an interesting touch, I guess.

acolyte

acolyte

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 29 posts
So here's some stuff I draw from the current plot (is there a plot? o_O )
1. Rose - poison to split the consciousness?
2. Girlfriend only you can see and touch - Itoshi no Kana
3. Out of body experience - Yuutai Nova
4. Girlfriend you can touch + some twists - Bake Kano
5. Out of body experience + some twists - Midori Days
The weirdest thing is how she's sleeptalking while supposedly her personality is out of the body..
Maybe she got so shocked because of the kiss that she had an out of body experience..
But I have a feeling, if there's too much scientific explanation, this manga will fail -_-
I'd rather not know why did she split - just for her to figure out how to go back.. and possibly split at her own will..
The concept is not new, but there's a different kind of comedy than the ones above, so guess it's OK :s
Let's not expect too much and enjoy

Ravin

Ravin

Potato Spud

• Contributor
  • 45 posts
lol if that is what you want to go along with suit yourself.

Edited by Ravin, 07 March 2012 - 11:14 PM.

ShelledMenace

ShelledMenace

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 2 posts
I seriously can't believe the whole accidental grope bullcrap is STILL being used by ANYONE. I mean seriously?
I think the plot could be pleasant/the story could be enjoyable, even if it isn't original, but I guess we'll have to see...lol

Ravin

Ravin

Potato Spud

• Contributor
  • 45 posts
Lol that is true. But it is jump should be expected

Purple Library Guy

Purple Library Guy

Fried Potato

• Donator
  • 695 posts
  • LocationCheck Rivendell, or Vorbarr Sultana, or Adrilankha. No? Try Vancouver.

I seriously can't believe the whole accidental grope bullcrap is STILL being used by ANYONE. I mean seriously?

I agree that it's cliche as hell and was paper-thin to start with.
But as far as I can make out, it's STILL being used by EVERYONE (in somewhat-ecchi shounens, anyhow).
Has there been some rise in shounen manga NOT using this that I'm unaware of?

Irecinius

Irecinius

Potato

• Members
  • 185 posts
Well.. she could've been an aspiring idol to boot...

Ravin

Ravin

Potato Spud

• Contributor
  • 45 posts
She is :)

greensoulreaper

greensoulreaper

Potato

• Contributor
  • 152 posts
My prediction on the direction of things:

1. Makura helps Keisuke get closer to Yuki....
2. Keisuke either falls for Makura in the process or comes to realize that he likes her more....
3. Keisuke chooses Makura in the end.

It's cliche, but the matchmaker thing has been used so many times especially in this kind of genre of manga, I wouldn't be surprised if what I listed above turns out to be true. It's disappointing, and hell I'm even bracing myself for that kind of ending, but for now I'll just hope it's not as simple as that. There's still this thing with Makura being out of her body like some kind of ghost and we still don't have a explanation for that and it's already 8 chapters.

MrFeatherFang

MrFeatherFang

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 56 posts
Wow, Chapter 10 SPOILERS

I can't believe the Sempai confessed already! I like both Makura and the Sempai though. I have to admit, this manga is a bit cliche, but I'm enjoying it. Also, has anyone got some theories on that Hotaru ghost girl? i guess we'll find out soon!

greensoulreaper

greensoulreaper

Potato

• Contributor
  • 152 posts
I bet he'll fall for the other girl though. :(