Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Absolutely horrible "comic"

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

truepurple

truepurple

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,461 posts
No plot, utter nonsense setting, horrible character development that doesn't matter anyway. Would rate it MINUS 2 if I could. I have read violent comics with lots of death before, but nothing nearly as sucky as this one. Only competitor would be a one shot I read about babies (literal) that have babies and eat each other and other people. I read Kamisama out of curiosity because I thought there must be something more to it then its description says, I was wrong, I wish I could unread it.

To sum it up. Some omnipotent unseen/unknown being is magically forcing kids to play games for their lives. They play a game where lots of people die, then more people die after,(only so many survivors allowed after each round normally) throw in the occasional bazaar encounter and slight break from the carnage ever so often and that is the comic.

"Characters":
Protagonist: Hates death and killing but loves the excitement fighting for survival on some level. (not really much else to the character)

Antagonist: Serial killer psychopath who thinks this is the best thing ever. Has unrealistic strength, stamina, etc.

Despite the mass death, you just know these two are totally safe and going to survive no matter what, till the end where they fight each other to the death in another "game". I bet these two represent the ideals and pleasures of the author.

Omnipotent old man: With CRT screens stacked on each other to observe everything and playstation controller, is manipulating everything. How you ask? as I said, omnipotent, I doubt there will be any more detail then that.

Friend/love interest: A pretty girl who has good odds of survival till near the end because she has been close to the protagonist since the beginning.

Random people of the community: Find great pleasure in watching the children of their community, some of which are bound to be their sons and daughters, get slaughtered en-mass. Call the survivors 'gods children".

Random doomed children: Are random doomed children whos heads will explode just because.(see label)

Edited by truepurple, 24 February 2012 - 03:15 PM.

XxionxX

XxionxX

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 12 posts
  • LocationUSA
Cool story bro

Genesis

Genesis

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 11 posts
Tell it again.

CNACNEL

CNACNEL

Potato Sprout

• Validating
  • 3 posts
  • LocationWarsaw, Poland

I read Kamisama out of curiosity because I thought there must be something more to it then its description says, I was wrong, I wish I could unread it.

How about you start reading from chapter 13 up until chapter 1?
Beliefs are what divide people, doubts unite them.

Sarohia

Sarohia

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 46 posts
  • LocationCyborg City
Needs more dragons...

and shit.
Spoiler

Disease

Disease

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts
The storys developing.. You don't know if it'll get better or not?
And this isn't a "Comic", it's a "Manga" for your information.

WhimsicalShinigami

WhimsicalShinigami

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 3 posts
While it's true that this comic isn't for everyone, I think this is a guilty pleasure for some. I wouldn't want to be in their position, but it's sort of thrilling in seeing what happens to them - and yes, who will survive.

The fun thing about this manga is that it's harder to predict the small/big twists than you think. Read Chapter 13 - the part before they get out of the cube for a while. Did anyone guess who was going to die correctly? I certainly didn't. The mangaka is throwing us off our guard pretty well, and I sort of want to stick around until I can guess the next plot points right.

The thing is, I don't like "predictable" manga - and this one wasn't. Thus, I want to read it.

It is sort of disturbing how creative the mangaka gets in making more games... O_O
  • Sui likes this

FakeHero

FakeHero

Potato

• Members
  • 174 posts
  • LocationReality, sadly...........
@truepurple: "Antagonist: Serial killer psychopath who thinks this is the best thing ever."

I see that you have hard with reading comprehension. Well, there goes every credibilty to your complaints. And you´re sick. Sure we read this manga about fight for survival, but that don´t beat the baby eating baby manga you described.

Nothing to see here folks.

This manga is pure win.

Hollowcantaro

Hollowcantaro

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 45 posts
  • LocationSpanishtan
bla bla bla bla

Kashiro

Kashiro

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts
It's cool to have opinions. However, I would ask you to refrain from using literary terms to justify your ego. Saying there is "no plot" would go against the definition of plot.

CreusSun

CreusSun

Potato Sprout

• tC Donator
  • 8 posts
  • LocationCanada
i disagree completely i find this awesome

Zenith_Tempest

Zenith_Tempest

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 83 posts
Don't worry guys, truepurple does this everywhere. I've seen him start multiple threads on how a manga or a certain aspect of it is shit. He then goes on to diss everyone who finds it good.

Disabling all limiters.

tumblr_nld3jcEGtn1r7hrmoo2_500.gif