Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

general manga discussion

talking discussion

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

Dai Satō

Dai Satō

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 253 posts
  • LocationIn yo mind
i know it's kinda late in this series but i wanted to make a forum on this manga so instead of naming it latest chapter discussion i went with general

anyways i wanted to talk about how dense and ridiculously slow the main character

large.jpg

Blazemyst

Blazemyst

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 9 posts
haha pretty much. He's an idiot, but the overall cuteness (mainly of the other characters) has made this one of my favorite mangas... and I already have a lot >.<

Murderkarp

Murderkarp

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 2 posts
I do love this series, but... for some reason, with me, the watermarks are having the opposite effect. I mean, I read a lot of my manga here, but in the latest chapter, the watermarks would not go away. I tried to visit the scanlators' sites, but one didn't have it on there and the other was in... Spanish I think? In the end I had to read it at Mangahere, which is what I was trying to avoid doing. Did anyone else have issues with the watermarks here recently?

I will kill you all when I evolve.

Derek

Derek

Russet Potato

• Renzokusei Scans
  • 264 posts
I can't imagine why you'd have any issue with the watermarks. Especially a weird issue such as that one. No one else posted of having issues like that, so don't know what your problem was.

MyAnimeList Last.fm Renzokusei

Derek: ねえ、。。。しようよ
Derek: that
Zalugar: Uh
Zalugar: Hey...let's do it
Zalugar: DO WHAT
Zalugar: WHAT ARE THEY DOING
Zalugar: THESE LEWD CHILDREN

Murderkarp

Murderkarp

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 2 posts
Yeah, I don't know what the issue was either. I mean, before Batoto went down from the DDoS, the watermarks were a non-issue. Now, it's like the gifs just don't animate.

I will kill you all when I evolve.

elektron00

elektron00

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 30 posts
Well well well... chapter 20 & 21, what do we have here :))

Spoiler

Edited by elektron00, 25 February 2012 - 04:21 AM.

Blazemyst

Blazemyst

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 9 posts
Haha agreed :D especially in those chapters...
Spoiler

syockit

syockit

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 38 posts

Yeah, I don't know what the issue was either. I mean, before Batoto went down from the DDoS, the watermarks were a non-issue. Now, it's like the gifs just don't animate.

It's probably a new strategy by scanlator, to put up a fully watermarked version (second frame is also watermarked) so that MFox/MHere is forced into downloading them. The next day, they reupload with clean version.

What I don't like about this strategy is that, MFox/MHere readers who are annoyed with the watermark will come to Batoto believing that they can read non-watermarked version. But they don't know about the 1-day wait thing, so they will misunderstand that Batoto is just the same as MF/MH that they cannot avoid watermark.

I wish there's some way for scanlators to communicate with MF/MH readers that they only have to wait for a bit before getting the clean release.

acolyte

acolyte

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 29 posts
hmm.. my post didn't go through
syockit, the waiting policy has been there for years, since onemanga's time.
I've been leeching manga online for 8-9 years, and according to my experience, no way leechers would care. At least most of them.
And you're right, the recent surge of whiners most likely came from people who moved to batoto from MF thinking because they are used to be spoonfed.
BUT! Life goes on.

Now BACK to the manga.
I think the mangaka had enough setup, and seems like the story will be progressing continuously hereon.
However, I think the idea won't be expanded much after Yuuto and Sayane get together, so if they do, that's pretty much near end of the manga :(

syockit

syockit

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 38 posts
I feel some kind of hollowness in this manga, for no apparent reason. The story is okay, the art is nice, but I have this strange feeling that something's not filling…

Eurofag

Eurofag

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts
I also had watermark issues. Maybe because I tried to read it on my iPad.

pizhhh

pizhhh

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,029 posts
  • Locationin jail

I think the idea won't be expanded much after Yuuto and Sayane get together, so if they do, that's pretty much near end of the manga Posted Image

Well the opening pages of ch. 22 suggests that they're introducing another, older woman, so even if Yuuto and Kotone do get together, I think we still might have a bit more mileage with this manga. Or was that just Kashiwagi in a teachers' uniform?

Terinayaya

Terinayaya

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 4 posts
I don't care about the watermarks since it's all free, though it's amusing that the gifs don't animate on their own site.

I'm actually on Fukuda's side here, this guy is so dumb, I'd have a hard time letting a best friend go to someone like him. xD Still waiting for Fukuda's dere side to show!

psycho_bunny

psycho_bunny

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • Locationmichigan
sooooo im kinda lost... what i got from the latest chapter was that she said she liked him??? and saw him as a man!? :o

cuzz when i saw that i thought that was soooo out there and weird that it was just his imagination :/

so i'm slightly lost cuzz i think they r going out?? or maybe she just accepted his feelings but never acted upon them cuzz if they were anything more than friends i think that he'd have a scene wheres its all starry n heartsy~~ :/ can anyone clear some of this up for me?? :) (sorry for text talk ik some people like to spazz out about it haha)

greensoulreaper

greensoulreaper

Potato

• Contributor
  • 152 posts

I feel some kind of hollowness in this manga, for no apparent reason. The story is okay, the art is nice, but I have this strange feeling that something's not filling…

I think I can relate. There doesn't seem to be a real "conflict" or "goal" that the main character is usually supposed to be going for in these types of manga. It's like everything is going too smoothly for the protagonist. Even if there are some little obstacles he has to go through, they really aren't that big of an issue. I don't know, everything so far just seems too "ordinary" or "calm". Kinda hard to explain.

crysdgon88

crysdgon88

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 47 posts
this manga is for relaxing reading. it doesn't have too many intense situation, the story is light and simple. and the characters are cute, girls of cuz..... ha ha ha

-----I'll be No. 2 but NONE will be No. 1-----

Posted Image

Terinayaya

Terinayaya

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 4 posts

I think I can relate. There doesn't seem to be a real "conflict" or "goal" that the main character is usually supposed to be going for in these types of manga. It's like everything is going too smoothly for the protagonist. Even if there are some little obstacles he has to go through, they really aren't that big of an issue. I don't know, everything so far just seems too "ordinary" or "calm". Kinda hard to explain.

Main obstacle: protagonist is too much of an useless wuss to do anything without someone crashing the "you're doing it wrong" tanker into his face. >.< WHAT was 23 omg D:

Funpocalypse

Funpocalypse

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts
I'm excited about this supposed image change! ^^

greensoulreaper

greensoulreaper

Potato

• Contributor
  • 152 posts

Main obstacle: protagonist is too much of an useless wuss to do anything without someone crashing the "you're doing it wrong" tanker into his face. >.< WHAT was 23 omg D:

lol true. But something like that can be easily solved if he would just be himself instead of worrying about everything. Not everyone is perfect right? :D

I'm excited about this supposed image change! ^^

I'm actually not, since I have a feeling he is going to screw up his looks somehow, hehe...

Edited by greensoulreaper, 02 April 2012 - 07:11 PM.

Purple Library Guy

Purple Library Guy

Fried Potato

• Donator
  • 695 posts
  • LocationCheck Rivendell, or Vorbarr Sultana, or Adrilankha. No? Try Vancouver.
Yeah, the moment I saw him determined to change his image, I was thinking, "Oh, dear, this could go badly".
And sure enough . . . although really, the results weren't nearly as bad as I was expecting. From messy hair down over his eyes to crappy bangs . . . if anything I'd say that actually was a tiny improvement. I figured he'd try to make himself look like one of his favourite anime characters and end up half bald when he messed it up, or something. This is very recoverable.

I agree that there is something a bit tepid about the whole thing. The emotions just aren't strong. There's been so much emphasis on the idea that as an otaku, most of his emotion is channeled into 2d-fanaticism and 3d love is a surprise that he doesn't really understand, that there isn't much space left to give a feel for the actual feelings of love that are changing his situation. And she's even more lukewarm--"He's a fellow otaku. Hmm, I guess he's a friend. Well, a good friend. Huh, I guess technically he's a male, isn't he?" Not a heart throb ever, no real notion that there might be feelings building under the surface.
The mangaka could learn something from Sakisaka Io, that's for sure. If Sakisaka Io did some writing for this thing, you'd be feeling the wrenching of your gut in sympathy with Yuuto's as he got overwhelmed by the passions his otaku self didn't understand.