Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

The World God Only Knows [Anime/Manga]

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

Nuralataion

Nuralataion

Russet Potato

• The Company (inactive)
  • 242 posts
  • LocationUSA
I have to say that I enjoy this one.  It might be a typical harem piece but light hearted/no thinking pieces are good from time to time.  Plus, its starting to get more complex.  ;^)

The main reason I'm posting this is because I just watched the first ep and I'm impressed, its really well done with the use of effects (particularly like the opening sequence).
Posted Image

Angryfan1

Angryfan1

Potato

• Members
  • 139 posts
The World God Only Knows is a  great example of a manga harem. Thee are alot of harems in manga but this was done quite well.
...Don't ban me again.

Nuralataion

Nuralataion

Russet Potato

• The Company (inactive)
  • 242 posts
  • LocationUSA
I agree but I think its entering dangerous waters, with the girls clustering around him and Kanon's (think that was her name) sudden confession, it could become just like the rest of the harems and that would be boring.  Especially now that someones confessed openly, this could be the crack in the dam before the flood.

On another note, did you watch the anime?
Posted Image

Grumpy

Grumpy

RawR

• Administrators
  • 4,078 posts
  • LocationHere of course!

The World God Only Knows is a  great example of a manga harem. Thee are alot of harems in manga but this was done quite well.

qft. So many of harems are all same with weak male leads. So tired of them.

Nuralataion

Nuralataion

Russet Potato

• The Company (inactive)
  • 242 posts
  • LocationUSA
Ah, yes, I hate those comics where the male lead doesn't even remotely deserve a harem.  Why do they do that (I think it's different with twgok, btw)?
Posted Image

Angryfan1

Angryfan1

Potato

• Members
  • 139 posts
Besides me. Who Exactly deserves a harem???
No i have not watched the anime
...Don't ban me again.

Mako

Mako

Potato

• Contrib Mods
  • 103 posts
  • LocationMexico
The anime has been surprisingly faithful to the manga (as far as ep. 1... lol)

does keima deserve a harem? of course he does, will he get it? no and he doesn't even want it

why does keima deserve a harem?
  • He is a god... or so he claims
  • He isn't a "Regular Harem Manga Lead Character*"
  • I can already see the ending!... that's plainly badass

* R.H.M.L.C. = "Hi my name is (add_name) and I am your average joe, I suck at sport, I will never shine at school, I have no luck with women and in the future i will be working for some big name company as an office worker as all males in my family since the shogunnate".

Let's hope this doesn't get "Highschool of the dead-ed" (turn from something watch/read-able into plain crap)

Nuralataion

Nuralataion

Russet Potato

• The Company (inactive)
  • 242 posts
  • LocationUSA
Right?  At the same time they used color/effects to enhance the experience, unlike with most where its used to disguise the addition of frames and deviations/shortcomings.

I think he will get a harem whether he wants one or not, especially since a "popular" girl professed her love, forcing the other girls eying him to take action.

Lol @ your description of a typical male harem lead, its true and I hate those ones.

Didn't read HS of Dead, what happened?
Posted Image

Mako

Mako

Potato

• Contrib Mods
  • 103 posts
  • LocationMexico

Didn't read HS of Dead, what happened?

Well if you like zombie movies, then you gotta love this manga... the problem is what happened with the anime, the manga is action/ecchi/action on the other hand the anime was ecchi/ecchi/ecchi/and I thing once I saw a zombie.

All the action scenes were replaced with tits bouncing on the screen, bullets going between tits, tits jumping like crazy, tits on top of tits, tits, tits and did I mention tits?

** Ohhhh and everybody hates the "R.H.M.L.C."

Nuralataion

Nuralataion

Russet Potato

• The Company (inactive)
  • 242 posts
  • LocationUSA
Hmm...*goes to watch the anime* lol, jk.  *goes to read the manga instead*

Anyway, back on topic, guesses towards where the manga is going?

Posted Image

Mako

Mako

Potato

• Contrib Mods
  • 103 posts
  • LocationMexico

Hmm...*goes to watch the anime* lol, jk.  *goes to read the manga instead*

Anyway, back on topic, guesses towards where the manga is going?

An all out battle "New hell vs old hell vs heaven vs keima" and the new and old demons end up creating long lasting peace amoung them and heaven thanks to some plan from the wicked capturing god, so he plainly is going to "capture" every being in the universe 2D and 3D!!!! or perhaps even 4D... and after capturing all the runaway spirits keima ends with tenri o elsee (or however those names are written)... ohh I can already see the ending!!!

Or I could be totaly wrong  :P

Sarnik

Sarnik

Russet Potato

• Donator
  • 311 posts
At first I thought that this was going to be the typical harem anime...

But then I found out that it wasn't! The girls are actually part of the plot and the humor is fun as well.
Go Keima! :D

¶▅c●▄███████||▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅||█~ ::~ :~ :►
▄██ ▲  █ █ ██▅▄▃▂
███▲ ▲ █ █ ███████
███████████████████████►
◥☼▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙☼◤

Earn money through Swagbucks! http://www.swagbucks.com/p/register?rb=33947530

ryvrdrgn14

ryvrdrgn14

Potato

• Members
  • 123 posts
  • LocationPhilippines
This is a great series and the anime is amazing to say the least. I do hope they continue animating the manga as the current storyline is quite exciting.

I think that the way the author is currently handling the story is quite brilliant.

"To have so many creative people who can tell wonderful stories is a blessing."

"Not being one of them is a curse."

Posted Image

Deviantart Page | Youtube Channel

Midgardsormr

Midgardsormr

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 29 posts
  • LocationDeep Sea

All the action scenes were replaced with tits bouncing on the screen, bullets going between tits, tits jumping like crazy, tits on top of tits, tits, tits and did I mention tits?

lol at this tits...
oh and what does R.H.M.L.C stands for...?

this manga is getting more and more interesting...(i want ayumi to be the last goddess,,,!)
btw does anyone know when is the 3rd season of TWGOK anime come out...? or is there no season 3...?

babbo3d

babbo3d

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 606 posts
  • Locationin the outer tower (failed on the first floor)
but we can at least breath a sight of relief since the anime sticks to the manga and what i llike about this harem is that the girls aren't worlds out of the league of the main character even if he does call hinself the god of conquest
Posted Image

Da Capo Effect

Da Capo Effect

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 6 posts

lol at this tits...
oh and what does R.H.M.L.C stands for...?

this manga is getting more and more interesting...(i want ayumi to be the last goddess,,,!)
btw does anyone know when is the 3rd season of TWGOK anime come out...? or is there no season 3...?

No 3rd season yet but there is a OVA that was released and subbed.

penguin71

penguin71

Russet Potato

• Contributor
  • 268 posts
  • LocationThat state that no one cares about
Well what can you say the japanese love their ecchi <_<

On the other hand, cmon TWGOK Season 3!!

~やら~やら

The Best Bagels

Former Typesetter/Blogger for FKMTkrazy

Spoiler

ValorantX

ValorantX

Baked Potato

• Contributor
  • 1,601 posts
So is a season 3 being released or not...

"Once you label me you negate me." - Soren Kierkegaard