Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Hoshi no Furu Machi: Latest Chapter

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

Azuma

Azuma

Potato Spud

• Contributor
  • 20 posts
I saw that the discussion area was empty so I'm starting a topic. Latest chapter is 22, a new character was just introduced, what do you think of Minako Kurita?

I like her, she really goes after what she wants. :D

Haha Mas

Haha Mas

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • LocationMN
Does it looks like to you that the Nagisa has actually fallen for Tsutsumi? As of ch 16, she seems to be in great shock when Tsutsumi mentioned about going back to Tokyo.

Azuma

Azuma

Potato Spud

• Contributor
  • 20 posts
Yeah, it seems like, but sometimes I'm not so sure.

Purple Library Guy

Purple Library Guy

Fried Potato

• Donator
  • 695 posts
  • LocationCheck Rivendell, or Vorbarr Sultana, or Adrilankha. No? Try Vancouver.
Well, as of ch 23 it doesn't look so good. When the girl is saying with a cheerful look, "Hey, why don't you hang out with that hot babe?" I have to agree with Tsutsumi, it's not a good sign.

Takashi

Takashi

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 2 posts

Well, as of ch 23 it doesn't look so good. When the girl is saying with a cheerful look, "Hey, why don't you hang out with that hot babe?" I have to agree with Tsutsumi, it's not a good sign.

agreed that wasn't a good sign neither was the expression on her face or what she has said as of chapter 28

Ju2c0c0

Ju2c0c0

Potato Spud

• Donator
  • 14 posts
  • LocationFrance, Île-de-France
ch. 28 : Finally he confessed... and is rejected. But I'm sure she rejected him intentionally, to make him go back to Tokyo. In any case, I hate his parents, forcing him to study in Tokyo...

Heleleo

Heleleo

Potato Sprout

• Contributor
  • 8 posts

ch. 28 : Finally he confessed... and is rejected. But I'm sure she rejected him intentionally, to make him go back to Tokyo. In any case, I hate his parents, forcing him to study in Tokyo...

I would definitely have to agree. Ichinose seems to be pulling the whole "for your own good" excuse to ignore her feelings.

soranokira

soranokira

Fried Potato

• Contributor
  • 687 posts
"so why am I thinking so much about someone I have no feelings for...?"
Posted Image
Favorite Manga: Record of Fallen Vampire, Hayate the Combat Butler, Kekkaishi
Main reason: Akabara Strauss and plot/story flow, Tennousu Athena arc/Katsura Hinagiku, Kidoin Nura and story flow

Caminante

Caminante

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 11 posts
She doesn't feel for him so much. I think that at this moment he is no more than a friend, but a bit problematic ;)

Azuma

Azuma

Potato Spud

• Contributor
  • 20 posts
I think she likes him more than a friend but less than a boyfriend...

pizzach

pizzach

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 2 posts
*Spoiler* http://img809.imageshack.us/img809/4394/pageiy.jpg This is how the manga ends.

pizzach

pizzach

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 2 posts
/me runs away
Don't take that link too seriously anyone.

Azuma

Azuma

Potato Spud

• Contributor
  • 20 posts
Pizzach hilarious, but I would be so sad if it ended like that...
Anyway, do you think Kotaro and Nagisa can still be friends after that scene in chapter 28?
Also do you think Kotaro and Kurita will start officially dating or will they just be um... really good friends?

Jim Eisenberg

Jim Eisenberg

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 25 posts
  • LocationCoventry
wtf spoiler was really a spoiler :o xD. I really don't like what's going on atm (chapter um...35?), I mean, he's not being honest to himself or to that inn bimbo who's name I don't remember. It doesn't look possible that Nag/Kot can be a couple now... which makes me really hope they do it against all odds, but the style of the manga is more realistic so :s
"He also let me know that clocks are still the in thing. That’s reassuring to me, as I was worried the fashion might have changed while I was gone. But no, he continues to point whenever he sees one, announcing to everyone who cares to listen that there is a clock. I agree to this as well, even if that particular clock happens to be, say, a thermometer.

There is an art to conversation, you see, and part of that art is the ability to occasionally let a trifling difference of opinion slide by without making a federal case out of it.

So he says, “Clock,” and I think, Okay. Fair enough. I see your point.

“Clock,” I agree."
Pat Rothfuss, about his (very young) son.

Purple Library Guy

Purple Library Guy

Fried Potato

• Donator
  • 695 posts
  • LocationCheck Rivendell, or Vorbarr Sultana, or Adrilankha. No? Try Vancouver.
Ch 36 -- man, Ichinose can be pretty cold. There the guy helps save her mom and she's like "Thank you very much, now go away" kind of feeling. Stubborn kid.

Jim Eisenberg

Jim Eisenberg

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 25 posts
  • LocationCoventry
Yea, that was a bit harsh... but I like to think of it as, the more she pushes him away, the more she'll come to like him and the more guilt she'll feel = she will go after him all the harder once he's pushed away for good. Who knows, might be good like that :D
(that's just wishful thinking, they'll all die in a car crash...)
"He also let me know that clocks are still the in thing. That’s reassuring to me, as I was worried the fashion might have changed while I was gone. But no, he continues to point whenever he sees one, announcing to everyone who cares to listen that there is a clock. I agree to this as well, even if that particular clock happens to be, say, a thermometer.

There is an art to conversation, you see, and part of that art is the ability to occasionally let a trifling difference of opinion slide by without making a federal case out of it.

So he says, “Clock,” and I think, Okay. Fair enough. I see your point.

“Clock,” I agree."
Pat Rothfuss, about his (very young) son.

Liar

Liar

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 472 posts
To be honest, I don't think I would enjoy having someone like me just because they feel guilty.

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts
  • Locationunderground like a wild potato
Well, chapter 41 is pretty much the end of the Tsutsumi/Nagisa romance, right?

Tn7HA0h.png

Purple Library Guy

Purple Library Guy

Fried Potato

• Donator
  • 695 posts
To the contrary, old bean. It's the *beginning* of the Tsutsumi/Nagisa romance!
As long as this other guy was her unattainable first love, she would always just assume she loved him more and Tsutsumi less. Even if for some reason she hooked up with Tsutsumi, he'd never really measure up . . . she'd always know in the back of her mind that if she'd had what she wanted, she'd have gone for the other guy.
But now, here he is in front of her. She can have what she thinks she wants, and that is when she will start to realize that the one in her thoughts and her heart isn't really him anymore . . . it's Tsutsumi. Then when she turns to Tsutsumi she'll know down to her bones that it's because he's the one she really loves. It's a classic plot turn.

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts
  • Locationunderground like a wild potato

To the contrary, old bean. It's the *beginning* of the Tsutsumi/Nagisa romance!
As long as this other guy was her unattainable first love, she would always just assume she loved him more and Tsutsumi less. Even if for some reason she hooked up with Tsutsumi, he'd never really measure up . . . she'd always know in the back of her mind that if she'd had what she wanted, she'd have gone for the other guy.
But now, here he is in front of her. She can have what she thinks she wants, and that is when she will start to realize that the one in her thoughts and her heart isn't really him anymore . . . it's Tsutsumi. Then when she turns to Tsutsumi she'll know down to her bones that it's because he's the one she really loves. It's a classic plot turn.

We'll see, I certainly like your optimistic take on it better than how it looks right now. "Unrequited love" is one of the tags this manga carries and right now it sure doesn't look like that's going to apply to Nagisa and Masaki anymore.

Tn7HA0h.png