Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Uploading Issues.

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

mhh

mhh

Babo Kim

• Administrators
  • 3,754 posts
Uploading fails for several users (including me) randomly. The error message that gets displayed says "Upload failed. Please make sure all the required fields are selected correctly."

k.i.s.s

k.i.s.s

Potato Spud

• Kiss Scans
  • 21 posts
If its when adding chapters try this:

1) Upload to mediafire
2) On the download link right click the green download bar and select copy link address
3) Paste that address into the remote upload box andit uploads fine :D

Not sure if its allowed but it saves you a lot of time uploading chapters from your computer.

soranokira

soranokira

Fried Potato

• Contributor
  • 687 posts
^ not exactly too efficient since you're uploading twice, but either way mhh's issue is mainly leaving a message for grumpy, and issue being everything is filled in fine but instead of having the upload progress bar appear, the red message appears instead. And it happens randomly and fixes randomly as well, so point being it's not easy to replicate.
Posted Image
Favorite Manga: Record of Fallen Vampire, Hayate the Combat Butler, Kekkaishi
Main reason: Akabara Strauss and plot/story flow, Tennousu Athena arc/Katsura Hinagiku, Kidoin Nura and story flow

Souldrake

Souldrake

Russet Potato

• Contributor
  • 275 posts
I have been having this error since last night. I have had no issues uploading before and am filling in all the appropriate fields as I usually do. Trying to upload to MF and see if that works right now.

Souldrake
Manga-Heaven Co-Founder and Translator [Retired]

Buttock Follicle

Buttock Follicle

Couch Potato

• Contributor
  • 2,433 posts
  • Locationfuttocking away~
This has always happened to me lol... and I did fill out everything bc if I tried again without changing anything it works u.u

foxyeisenhower

foxyeisenhower

Fried Potato

• Contributor
  • 795 posts
  • LocationKONY 2013 STOP SOPA RIP Spider-man too soon
I had no issues uploading two chapters at the same time from direct file download, even when the site lagged it still went through
Spoiler

「黑風影」

「黑風影」

Fried Potato

• Contributor
  • 881 posts
  • Location孤單魂隨風蕩
I'm not sure if its part of the BETA may or may not work but I keep getting this error for adding a chapter (I tried 4 times):

Upload failed. The uploaded file: ./uploader/uploads/57906b3ae46d991f8d7b884b2fe0eb17 cannot be read.

I added a good 14 chapters consecutively with the error problems but it didn't perist as much as now. Should I just keep trying or just wait?

mhh

mhh

Babo Kim

• Administrators
  • 3,754 posts
What do you want to upload (specific file)? It could be a problem with the archive itself.

Loki

Loki

Fried Potato

• Contrib Mods
  • 932 posts
  • Locationgo figure
it doesnt have zip/rar at the end
Spoiler

Grumpy

Grumpy

RawR

• Administrators
  • 4,078 posts
  • LocationHere of course!

it doesnt have zip/rar at the end

That's actually just the temporary file name...

Trying to find out the problem with uploads.

Loki

Loki

Fried Potato

• Contrib Mods
  • 932 posts
  • Locationgo figure
oh i thought it was the uploaded file name , not the error itself
Spoiler

KidCongo

KidCongo

Global Moderator

• Contrib Mods
  • 1,768 posts
Just got this:

Warning: mkdir(): Permission denied in /var/www/html/add_chapter.php on line 113 Warning: rename(./uploader/uploads/23169bba9145d868ac3626d5e7b04996,comics/2012/03/02/f/4f500f09bc57b_feng_shen_ji_ch04_-easy_going-.rar): No such file or directory in /var/www/html/add_chapter.php on line 118 Warning: opendir(comics/2012/03/02/f/read4f500f09bc4bc): failed to open dir: No such file or directory in /var/www/html/includes/functions.php on line 26 Warning: opendir(comics/2012/03/02/f/read4f500f09bc4bc): failed to open dir: No such file or directory in /var/www/html/includes/functions.php on line 97

Followed by:

Upload failed. Failed to process the files. This shouldn't have happened. Please alert the admin. Thank you.

For all those thinking of thanking me for the scanlations, I only upload them, and I'm just a mod here. Please leave a message on the actual groups' pages that do all the hard work.

Buttock Follicle

Buttock Follicle

Couch Potato

• Contributor
  • 2,433 posts
I keep getting something like this every now and then

./uploader/uploads/96ee0bbbc2b0938622e31776acbe76ad cannot be read.

Grumpy

Grumpy

RawR

• Administrators
  • 4,078 posts
  • LocationHere of course!

I keep getting something like this every now and then

./uploader/uploads/96ee0bbbc2b0938622e31776acbe76ad cannot be read.

Well, modifications has been made to resolve some of the upload issues which should have resolved most of the cause of the issue. But... this specific one is rather odd... >.>
Because that file...
is right there...
-rw-r--r-- 1 apache apache 18M Mar 3 08:42 96ee0bbbc2b0938622e31776acbe76ad

Buttock Follicle

Buttock Follicle

Couch Potato

• Contributor
  • 2,433 posts
i just finished reuploading it, that may be it xD

and another one... ./uploader/uploads/eb3cd4771db24d733e49afcbc6d78cd7 cannot be read.

Edited by °~°, 03 March 2012 - 09:51 AM.

KidCongo

KidCongo

Global Moderator

• Contrib Mods
  • 1,768 posts
I just got this message:

Something went REALLY wrong. Please report this to the admins with: AJMI1NR1w7qJvHx

For all those thinking of thanking me for the scanlations, I only upload them, and I'm just a mod here. Please leave a message on the actual groups' pages that do all the hard work.

Alacia

Alacia

Russet Potato

• The Company
  • 230 posts
  • LocationUSA
I got similar errors too, both the file cannot be read and the error code message about reporting to the admins. Eventually I did upload successfully, after I set up the zip file so it could download by url, but even that took two tries. I filled out all the fields in the form in the same way, and even switched from Firefox to Chrome. It's probably not a browser problem.

manga2x

manga2x

Fried Potato

• Donator
  • 575 posts
  • LocationTawi Tawi naval district
Lately I got "cannot be read" Error, too
I was uploading "Helen ESP".
Eventually I did manage to upload, all chapters. I just keep on trying again and again.
Several upload was successful on 3rd , 4th or 5th try

Is there any reason? Why is this happening?
If the file is large, it will be frustrating to upload it again for 3-5 times

Edited by manga2x, 07 March 2012 - 10:02 PM.

Ustnap

Ustnap

Potato Spud

• Contributor
  • 28 posts
  • LocationMinnesota
Yeah, I just got this one too

Something went REALLY wrong. Please report this to the admins with: AJMI1NR1w7qJvHx

Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image

JanGrode

JanGrode

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • LocationBasement
Got multiple "Upload failed. The uploaded file: [filepath] cannot be read." errors today. Multiple times in a row for some chapters.

I double check it on my home connection when i get off work.