Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Latest Chapter Discussion

Feng Shen Ji Latest chapter Discussion Newest Easy Going Scans

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

Black

Black

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 18 posts
  • LocationOn the thin line between art and design, truth and conviction.
Hello people of batoto,

Seeing as there isn't a topic yet to discuss the new developments of Feng Shen Ji, I thought it would be appropriate to start one.

As the first two chapters are translated and uploaded by Easy Going Scans(whom succeeded in translating yet another great manga/manhua), we can all see that they look, at the very least, very promising.

Now tell me, ladies and gentlemen, What do you think will happen with and in this story? Will it follow the legendary tale or will it create a whole new one? I, for one, am watching this series!

Now, let us enjoy life some more!

Greetings
Bartender at 'THE BAR' . Please do visit us.

hakki90

hakki90

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 9 posts
well i dont know that legendary tale so its plot seemed pretty cliche to me. but the way it explanied and art is awesome .
and i think we wont see a good ending it will be dropped soon by author or trasnlators :( it looks too much of a work

Edited by hakki90, 27 March 2012 - 06:18 PM.

Amaith

Amaith

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 9 posts
Art is awesome. Story is awesome.
Dammit, another serie to read. I have too many series to follow. :(
Posted Image

Egoist

Egoist

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 51 posts
The prince is a little bitch. I don't care if he grows up to be the god of war is still pathetic. I can understand begging your mother not to murder you, reminds me of my own childhood. But he seemed all to ready to abandon his parents, to whom he owed his oh so pitiable princely status, to their fate. Not to mention how he views the station of those pathetic slaves working to death for his would-be future empire. He actually had a much more empathetic example in his father than I would imagine most royal heirs would find and he still turns out the spoiled brat he is. I will concede however that I was just as much of a putz at his age....ah, who am I kidding, I still am.

As for the matter at hand, I'm not a big fan of the body swap of this chapter. I'm more inclined to appreciate a time skip than jumping right to a somewhat older body, just seems artificial(well duh. lol). Anyways, been impressive so far so I have no doubt it will continue to entertain me.

uber_nub

uber_nub

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 8 posts
well...u have to realize his father publicly whipped and humiliated him over someone who is "lesser". That's probably why he's sulky, because his father stood up for some slave rather than his own son.

ernabc

ernabc

Potato

• Members
  • 115 posts
  • LocationRomania
I read all 38(first part)+65(second part) raw volumes(they are really volumes, think at the work for hq 40 pages full color) published until now. it is a fantasy totaly worth to read.

Edited by ernabc, 01 October 2012 - 10:15 PM.

Dresos

Dresos

Potato

• Members
  • 150 posts
Eagerly waiting for every chapter, this manhua is really amazing!

DualPrinciple

DualPrinciple

Potato

• Members
  • 128 posts
Amazing, and made even more amazing by the fact that there are 38 + 68 + ?? chapters of this amazing in artwork and story manhua. Well, what I meant to say is, I love this series and I'm glad there is more and more coming.

Never forget where you came from; never stop moving onwards. The future is ours for the taking.
What is the difference between a MAN and a SLAVE? The man chooses, the slave obeys.
A wise one knows truth lies in the middle - as all the Opposites are unified unto One.
There is a system in chaos, just as light shines at it's brightest in the dark.

whatcolor_iswhite.jpg
whatcolor_isblack.jpg

whatcolor_isred.jpg

awoodchuck

awoodchuck

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 6 posts
I hope @Egoist is still reading to see how much better the MC has become. I wonder if his divine power Monochrome has a more significant relation to the main antagonist than just being the same. Also I'm hoping/looking forward to a deeper explanation of the power and watching Wu Geng unlock its secrets

johngualz123

johngualz123

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 3 posts
I can't seem to open chapter 32, why?

Artemis

Artemis

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 12 posts
  • LocationBoston

wow it's really good. how often do new chapters come out?

Infinityjon

Infinityjon

Potato

• Members
  • 169 posts
  • LocationBehind You

This story is so epic, I can't explain it, and the art is absolutely stunning

CrazyFace1_zps95f31971.png

DON'T DO IT!!!!!!

RumbleRoar

RumbleRoar

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 221 posts
  • LocationOn Mars, teaching the students of the Intergalactic Academy of Magical Studies, PigFarts, how to turn hamsters into shoelaces.

how often do chapters come out????

Spoiler

Rol

Rol

Oui Purée

• Donator
  • 3,270 posts

One a week.

As for the last chapter... I don't really like when people are revived in stories because I've seen it too much, sometimes it even becomes nothing to revive people, so death doesn't matter anymore. But since it allows to introduce a new character/relationship, and it's the first time, it iesn't bad, I just hope it doesn't become a habit :s

And I kinda wish she died, because I'd like it more if he was with Ah Lan :P

wtjpw658v4xz.gif

truepurple

truepurple

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,461 posts

The 6 eyed bastard doesn't care about agreements, that is why Gou destroyed the contract. The gods will move when betrayal is deemed most effective. Perhaps the idea is to let various other factions destroy each other before the gods come back in force.

truepurple

truepurple

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,461 posts

I hate how the story is killing off the dark ones. Like it decided "I don't like this direction, the dark ones keep Gou nailed down too much" or something.  Anyway, it feels very directed by the author. You can feel the authors hand in it, which before had deaths of named characters or entire populations very rare, suddenly burst like this. And then the convenient "lets raise the last of the dark ones as our own child" bit, which lets you know, this kids going to be important for a future ark. Maybe even eventually take over as the MC in a sequel series where Gou has suddenly vanished and no one knows what's happened to him, or something (but he will have survived, maybe turned shady on the good/evil scale)

Also, isn't the motto of dark ones, never say die? Not, commit suicide and kill your children if you think it will save them from a bit of pain? It's not like these horned gods are torturing and raping people, just killing them and draining em dry. They might experience some pain, but surely not a amount they couldn't withstand in order to risk it for fighting. Is this really consistent with the "war monger" or blood thirsty trait of dark ones the author has previously described to them? And if this is really how they operate, what was the point in sending female fighters along to protect them? Unless that was the sexist author just removing female fighters from the battle scenes.

truepurple

truepurple

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,461 posts

Ancient dragon seems to be bipolar. One minute he is cursing a opponent for fighting powerfully and saying he will kill all humans for one daring to break his horn.  The next moment he is glorifying in the difficulty of battle and showing thanks for a challenging opponent. Make up your mind. Or is author just throwing random fighter bad guy tropes at us?

http://vatoto.com/reader#909a3a012c917f7e_30

Oh and most of those dark ones are certain to be already dead. Like I said before, seems clear the author is intent on killing them off. MC is wasting his time telling his uncle to protect them. (well maybe one or two introduced dark one characters will survive) But it shows his good side plus his powerful side without making him seem arrogant.  Author seems to be getting a bit lazy in the story telling.

Edited by truepurple, 06 January 2016 - 09:08 PM.