Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Number of chapters column in list

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

KL3MZ

KL3MZ

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 20 posts
  • LocationFrance
Well if someone said that before, sorry ^^

I figured being able to see how many chapters there are in a manga in the comics list and being able to classify by number would be pretty usefull. As i look for mangas that have the most chapters as to not start a series when it just barely begun and stay on my hunger.

I'm aware that all the chapter numbers would need a homogenous (waw, how the hell do you write that word) layout and that it might be too late to instigate such thing considering the work to be done.

Hum, if you didn't get what i said, i hope someone might be able to translate me :D

soranokira

soranokira

Fried Potato

• Contributor
  • 687 posts
Translation:
Manga in comic list: should show latest chapter number.

done. I guess it would be nice, but I'm not sure if it's actually easy to implement. though that said, the manga in the follows tab seem to be able to do it to some extent with 'last read' and i think there was a 'latest chapter' as well.
Posted Image
Favorite Manga: Record of Fallen Vampire, Hayate the Combat Butler, Kekkaishi
Main reason: Akabara Strauss and plot/story flow, Tennousu Athena arc/Katsura Hinagiku, Kidoin Nura and story flow

KiZe-kun

KiZe-kun

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 4 posts
It would also be nice if there is a frequent update on each manga so we will know how often the scanlators update that particular. Like weekly or monthly or irregularly(with the average speed)
Posted Image

Grumpy

Grumpy

RawR

• Administrators
  • 4,078 posts
  • LocationHere of course!

It would also be nice if there is a frequent update on each manga so we will know how often the scanlators update that particular. Like weekly or monthly or irregularly(with the average speed)

That's really upto the scanlator and significant majority of the scanlators don't have set schedules.

Lareyn

Lareyn

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 4 posts
Showing the amount of available chapters in the search results would really help as I tend to usually ignore one-shots.

raenef

raenef

Potato

• Validating
  • 101 posts
amount of chaps in that series

if we take the assumption that all chaps are uploaded to batoto then the latest chap (the one on top)
should have the max number and therefore state the number of chaps in that series
Typesetter & Redrawer for CWL

Lareyn

Lareyn

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 4 posts
Since this got somewhat difficult to convey in words I decided to put together an example page instead.

Posted Image

* Chapters available in your selected language.

Basically this is what -I- had in mind. Implement this, pretty please?

soranokira

soranokira

Fried Potato

• Contributor
  • 687 posts
Just wanted to add in something: the ratings column doesn't feel really useful, maybe it can be used to 'make space' for the chapters one instead. or maybe just remove the stars and leave the numbers in the ratings (why need both? =/)
Of course, only if it's practical and not too much effort to do so, I understand that the ads issue is more of a priority as things are right now.
Posted Image
Main reason: Akabara Strauss and plot/story flow, Tennousu Athena arc/Katsura Hinagiku, Kidoin Nura and story flow

Kalladin

Kalladin

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 293 posts
soranokira good suggestions.
It makes sense that you don't need the star with the rating. I prefer the rating.

raenef

raenef

Potato

• Validating
  • 101 posts
and i would prefer stars first, icons are faster to look over than numbers
Typesetter & Redrawer for CWL

Buttock Follicle

Buttock Follicle

Couch Potato

• Contributor
  • 2,433 posts
  • Locationfuttocking away~
Maybe smaller icons instead of getting rid of it? I like the rating column, it's useful when searching for something random ~.~ and pictures are better than words/numbers, that's why graphs are used.

soranokira

soranokira

Fried Potato

• Contributor
  • 687 posts
the reason I said the rating column felt a little useless (to me) is mainly because almost every manga I see are either unrated or rated above 4 :x it's really difficult to make an actual estimation of the 'quality' of the manga when virtually every manga is like 4 stars +
still, I suppose from the replies I guess both should be kept.
I wonder, is it possible to set the search so that the columns are collapsible or something for those who would like certain data columns 'closed' so it doesn't stretch their page too much. well just popping out another idea.
Posted Image

mimamotte

mimamotte

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 44 posts
Alternatively can we have an "NEW" tab attached to any newly released Manga series? Anyone who wanted to avoid Manga with less chapters can tell at a glance, instead of viewing chapter numbers on a different pages.

Off topic here...but is it possible to add the original year of release for all Manga series? I've searched everywhere on Batoto but didn't see any function for it, and usually ends up using Baka updates for the information.

Lareyn

Lareyn

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 4 posts

bump?