Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Chapter Discussion

Manga

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

Zero King

Zero King

Fried Potato

• Contributor
  • 866 posts
  • LocationThe World I Designed
I love this manga, i wished i could pick it up I have the raws for 8 volumes but no translators!

Well anyway the art is this manga is great and the character are likeable but i cant say too much since there have only been 5 chapters released. I like countach (car) it is way better than that porshe CM5, i was laughing when the main guy did that side drift to make it seem like the cm5 guy was out of control.

How do you guys feel about it?

Edited by Zero King, 03 February 2012 - 08:34 AM.

kishore

kishore

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 18 posts
  • LocationChennai
I love this manga as well, but i guess its not that well known as of now. Its a good change from initial d :D. Especially the Lambo

Zero King

Zero King

Fried Potato

• Contributor
  • 866 posts
  • LocationThe World I Designed
yeah not a lot of people know about it. i liked initial d but i hated natsuki and most of the other girls who were just playing around with the main characters.

well anyway but to countach, i've read most of the japanese raws of it. It gets better and theres romance to boot.
i love the countach..

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts
  • Locationunderground like a wild potato
A pretty good story so far. As far as the latest chapters go, hopefully his confidence is deserved, it'll be nice to see mr. 911 get what's coming to him.....he's a pretty big scum bag.

Tn7HA0h.png

Cloud Strife

Cloud Strife

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 981 posts
  • LocationFormer Tenochtitlan
Amazing manga. I was really shocked when I noticed that it was released in 2004! 8 years ago! And it has been unnoticed for such a long time which is pretty sad.

It explains a lot of what is going on with the car. And it´s different that Initial D. Initial D is mostly about japanese cars, where this one is mostly bout exotic cars. And another difference is they are actually driving in freeways with traffic, etc.

Hwa_Ryun_showing_both_eyes.png

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts

Amazing manga. I was really shocked when I noticed that it was released in 2004! 8 years ago! And it has been unnoticed for such a long time which is pretty sad.

It explains a lot of what is going on with the car. And it´s different that Initial D. Initial D is mostly about japanese cars, where this one is mostly bout exotic cars. And another difference is they are actually driving in freeways with traffic, etc.

Yeah, it's really good so far, a really enjoyable story and the car info and specs are well integrated into the story, which to me makes it enjoyable to read them as the story is going on.

And is it just me or does anyone else think it'd be pretty tough to be trying to concentrate on white-knuckle, high speed maneuvers with her complaining and saying "watch out!" and "slow down!" the whole time? He's been quite the gentleman, I gotta admire him for that.....he really deserves some action after showing that sort of restraint and not telling her to shut the hell up.

Tn7HA0h.png

Cloud Strife

Cloud Strife

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 981 posts

Yeah, it's really good so far, a really enjoyable story and the car info and specs are well integrated into the story, which to me makes it enjoyable to read them as the story is going on.

And is it just me or does anyone else think it'd be pretty tough to be trying to concentrate on white-knuckle, high speed maneuvers with her complaining and saying "watch out!" and "slow down!" the whole time? He's been quite the gentleman, I gotta admire him for that.....he really deserves some action after showing that sort of restraint and not telling her to shut the hell up.

I wonder how many chapters does this story has and if it´s still ongoing. I don´t think so, it wouldn´t have been unnoticed for such a long time. It´s probably finished with less than 50 chapters... :(

Oh my god... she is annoying! I would have thrown her away while he was going 240 kph :D It´s like having your mom or your girlfriend complaining you are going too fast, while in reality you are going 55 mph in a 60 mph freeway... If you go any slower you will probably will get kissed in the butt by a truck... He really deserves some SERIOUS action :wub:.

It would be awesome if we could see in the future some races against Ferraris(288 GTO, F40, Testarossa), Lotus Esprit Turbo or Chevrolet Corvette C4 :D

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts

I wonder how many chapters does this story has and if it´s still ongoing. I don´t think so, it wouldn´t have been unnoticed for such a long time. It´s probably finished with less than 50 chapters... :(

Oh my god... she is annoying! I would have thrown her away while he was going 240 kph :D It´s like having your mom or your girlfriend complaining you are going too fast, while in reality you are going 55 mph in a 60 mph freeway... If you go any slower you will probably will get kissed in the butt by a truck... He really deserves some SERIOUS action :wub:.

It would be awesome if we could see in the future some races against Ferraris(288 GTO, F40, Testarossa), Lotus Esprit Turbo or Chevrolet Corvette C4 :D

28 volumes and complete according to mangaupdates.........so I reckon, what (?) around 250-280 chapters maybe? I'm just guessing by looking at the records here, vol 2 is credited with having 10 chapters in it, so just a guess but it's almost gotta be in that range.

Yeah, that's like the worst thing to have to deal with in heavy traffic or high speed situations......totally messes up your concentration. Of course she's got a lot of positives too so he's not bothered a bit I guess. I mean she obviously knows cars and driving inside and out, is in tight with the rich old man who had the countach..........oh yeah, and she's gorgeous too. I'd be doing nothing but smiling myself I suppose.

there's a bunch of cover shots of the tank volumes in image search if anyone wants to look at them.........of course some of them are kinda like spoilers because you can see some of the characters and stuff

Spoiler

Tn7HA0h.png

Cloud Strife

Cloud Strife

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 981 posts
28 Volumes? Wow, that´s a lot. Where has this manga been? 200+ Chapters for sure. That´s more than enough for me :D.

Oh yeah! She has a LOT of positives :D :D. Lol, with all she knows about cars I would fall in love too, not taking into account that she is babe. So who is the better driver?

Nice job with volume covers! Thank you! That black haired girl looks good! Of course it had to have a love-triangule. Good thing we both like harem endings :D

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts
oh yeah, corvette girl's pretty freaking awesome....she was a young babe too (compared to our MC that is). So yeah, absolutely, bring on the love triangle......though you gotta add in the countach to that, i mean who wouldn't love that car? :D

Tn7HA0h.png

Cloud Strife

Cloud Strife

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 981 posts

oh yeah, corvette girl's pretty freaking awesome....she was a young babe too (compared to our MC that is). So yeah, absolutely, bring on the love triangle......though you gotta add in the countach to that, i mean who wouldn't love that car? :D

I didn´t knew she was an owner of a corvette. MC? Hahaha, Depending on the girl, I would choose the Lamborghini! :D It´s not like it´s the first time I have been said that I loved my car more than my girlfriend :D :D

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts

Nice job with volume covers! Thank you! That black haired girl looks good! Of course it had to have a love-triangule. Good thing we both like harem endings :D

Sorry, I wasn't clear.
Spoiler
and yeah, you've got a point about just who the main character is here xD

Tn7HA0h.png

reason

reason

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 18 posts
This manga is pretty awesome. I've been looking for car anime/manga for years. well ones other than Initial D, Wangan midnight, and capeta. I love them all, but I've finished them all as well. Countach has an unbelievable opening hook, but that aside the story is great. I was a bit upset after the chick decided not to press charges against the 911 guy, but he still ended up in jail so its all good. Now hopefully it won't be too long before the next chapter is translated

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts

This manga is pretty awesome. I've been looking for car anime/manga for years. well ones other than Initial D, Wangan midnight, and capeta. I love them all, but I've finished them all as well. Countach has an unbelievable opening hook, but that aside the story is great. I was a bit upset after the chick decided not to press charges against the 911 guy, but he still ended up in jail so its all good.

Gotta agree with you, even without all the cool automotive stuff the story is really good........and it's only getting started really. xD

Tn7HA0h.png

Cloud Strife

Cloud Strife

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 981 posts
Oh yeah, now we got to see a Dino. I was wondering how in the world a Dino was going to compete against a Nissan 300ZX(Z32), since I remembered the Dino being only an 6 cylinder :huh: . Buuuut that was the original 206 GT. The 246 GT is an 8 cylinder with 195 BHP. And the most shocking part that I discovered is that in only weights 1080 KGs (2380 lbs)!!! :o That´s so freaking light!!! Compare it to the 300ZX(Z32)´s 1530 kgs(3373 lbs). That´s almost 450 kgs! So it looks like in a twisted road it has a big chance of beating the 300ZX with its lightweight and mid-engine layout.
Posted Image

Edited by Cloud Strife, 18 January 2013 - 04:33 PM.

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts
Yeah, very cool. And that's a beautiful pic too, what an amazing looking car.

Tn7HA0h.png

Cloud Strife

Cloud Strife

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 981 posts

Yeah, very cool. And that's a beautiful pic too, what an amazing looking car.

Yup, the reason I added a picture of it, it´s because the drawings weren´t making justice to this beautiful car. And with any Ferrari or Dino, the color HAS to be RED! :D.

Edited by Cloud Strife, 18 January 2013 - 11:55 PM.

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts
The art is pretty good though, you have to give the author credit for knowing his cars. But yeah, agreed, without the color it's not nearly as impressive xD

Tn7HA0h.png

Cloud Strife

Cloud Strife

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 981 posts

The art is pretty good though, you have to give the author credit for knowing his cars. But yeah, agreed, without the color it's not nearly as impressive xD

Oh yeah, the art is sublime. And for what we can see he knows about cars more than all of us combined. And yup, without color it looks pretty plain.

I would have liked if this chase had last longer. But he caught up with the Nissan 300ZX and beat it during a curve like I thought he would.

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts
Oh yeah, absolutely. Good call on the six cylinder and the focus being on its high-speed curve handling as well, dead on with both of them. Great chapter too...........he couldn't bear to let it go after that ride xD

Tn7HA0h.png