Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

We need a new name!!!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
18 replies to this topic

Grumpy

Grumpy

RawR

• Administrators
  • 4,078 posts
  • LocationHere of course!
Hello everyone! We need a new name!! (LoL, my group members have no idea I'm posting this. I'm such a dictator...)
Why do we need a new name?
  • The current name is a name of steady evolution of my alias. It is not chosen, it just came about.
  • It makes me look conceited.
  • It makes me look like I'm doing all the work... And I even get credited as a single person from time to time by certain folks... This is clearly wrong. There are members here who put in more cumulative hours than I do. Keeping this name just seems so very wrong to me.
  • Yes, it's all about me.
What kind of names are you seeking?

• Preferably something rated E, for everyone. Cuz that's what we do.
  • Something where a .com domain name has not yet been taken. (Cuz we might wanna get it.. eventually... maybe...).
  • Something completely ambiguous. We don't want to create limits by naming ourselves a certain way.
  • Nothing with current members' name in it.
  • Nothing with your name in it. Just no names, aliases, nicknames, callsigns, etc, mkay?
Why should you bother participating in this goose chase for a name?
PRIZES!!! What is the prize? I haven't thought of it yet... I'll get to it... eventually.... hopefully before we choose a name. lol

Also taking suggestions for this one, nothing too expensive please. In fact, you could suggest what you want along with names. Example: VIP title on forum, get a "special thanks" credit on every release for a month, $5 paypal, etc. If you ask for anything outlandish, I'll just imagine that you are saying "I want nothing in return for my servitude".

Thanks~~
Grumpy

PS. Make upto 3 suggestion per person please.
PPS. Keep discussion to a minimum and keep it clean. Any discussion for this can be directed here.

Angryfan1

Angryfan1

Potato

• Members
  • 139 posts
Inferno scans i thought of it when i changed my theme to inferno
-- don't try to offend people --
What grumpy and the rejects was a great name it has a rocker feel to it

The Mongolian Chop Squadfrom the manga beck

the member list has grown big i remember when it was only 3 members
ALSO I AM A Jr. MEMBER ALL NEWBIES BOW TO ME
THE ANGRY FANS
...Don't ban me again.

YK

YK

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts
1. Endless Flower Scans
The Mugunghwa/Rose of Sharon was the first result in Google for 'Korean flowers', which I thought would be appropriate since you use alot of colourful girls on your credits pages. ;) This one's a really girly name though. :-\

2. The Manhwa Gang
Self-explanatory really.

3. The Salty Sundae Company
Maybe it's because I'm hungry, but it does have a nice ring to it? ...or not.

APassingMe

APassingMe

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts
Just registered so I could mention that I like the current name : )

H2Crodon

H2Crodon

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 38 posts
umm I like Inelastic Whirs or something involving �clairs and sin (�clairs with sin or sinful �clairs) I also kinda like Man-wol Scans 

Zankuro

Zankuro

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts
Forgive me if i start throwing names at you, one thing i like to do when coming up with a name for something is just to write down a bunch of names and later go back and see what sticks.

Red Alert Scans
Mystic Knight Scans
United We Scan
The People's Army of Grumpyland
Flying Ninja Scans
Black Card Scans
Hot and Cold Scans
Phoenix Smurf Scans
Pointy Stick Scans

edit: lol thats all i got for now....pointy stick scans, the hell am i thinking ???

mfkevinking

mfkevinking

Fried Potato

• The Company (inactive)
  • 582 posts
  • LocationMiddle of The Country
Title recommendations:
Lobster Typhoon  8)
Floppy Scans --- My favorite :D. I love the word Floppy.
Dark Hole Scanlations

subtitle: -Brought to you by the artists formerly known as Grumpy & Co.-

umm I like Inelastic Whirs or something involving �clairs and sin (�clairs with sin or sinful �clairs) I also kinda like Man-wol Scans 

Man-wol sounds too close to Man hole. :\.

Edit/Addendum: The moniker addition 'Scans' is not always needed. Think: The A-Team.

Edit 2: Fit to guidelines.
Posted Image
Proud Ubuntu user since May 2010.

Mako

Mako

Potato

• Contrib Mods
  • 103 posts
  • LocationMexico
BioKiller
Grumpy M.D.
PsycoManhwa

Grumpy

Grumpy

RawR

• Administrators
  • 4,078 posts
  • LocationHere of course!
Well, looks like following rules is a difficult task for a bunch.
I'll close this once I finalize on a prize. I kinda wanted to get buy something related to manhwa. And pray that the winner doesn't live in the Antarctica b/c the shipping is gonna kill me.

I kinda find it amusing that lots of suggestion involves "scans" in the name. Yet, we don't scan. lol

As for my idea. I only got one:
The Company

No3

No3

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts
And now... some exotic wordplay.

1. "Sinecera" -- "sincere" from the Latin words "sine cera," which means �without wax.�

2. "the Daemonion" -- the Socratic mystical (controlling) "inner voice," or conscience. alt: "the Daeminion", (From Daemons + Minion, Daemons are good or malevolent "supernatural beings between mortals and gods, such as inferior divinities and ghosts of dead heroes." [Plato's Symposium])

3. "Satura noir" -- Satura for "a mixed dish/medley", where satire is derived from; also the name of a flat, heavy Greek cake. Noir for the dark/black color.

---(and now random word combinations [for fun, not suggestions])---

Sin, eclairs. Sineclairs

"Unseen Daylight"

"Grouchy Assembly"

"Cranky Unison"

Sensei~

Sensei~

Russet Potato

• The Company (inactive)
  • 457 posts
"Company Coalition"
"By Us Coalition"
"For Us Coalition"

Raven

Raven

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts
I like the current name grumpy, partly because I have come to recognize this group by seeing Grumpy(my heart gets all jumpy "YAY its out! *dances about*" kinda thing), but I see where your coming from. So hows about these:
Raven Scans
-Bird is recognized as the messenger of death, its kool and black, AND it happens to be the user name I am using :3
Fusion Scans
-Name is based off of Id's alternative names.
Relevance Scans
-Favorite Word. lmao.
Life Stealing Scans
-Tends to be what happens when one gets addicted to these things lmao.

Mako

Mako

Potato

• Contrib Mods
  • 103 posts
  • LocationMexico

I like the current name grumpy, partly because I have come to recognize this group by seeing Grumpy(my heart gets all jumpy "YAY its out! *dances about*" kinda thing), but I see where your coming from. So hows about these:
Raven Scans
-Bird is recognized as the messenger of death, its kool and black, AND it happens to be the user name I am using :3
Fusion Scans
-Name is based off of Id's alternative names.
Relevance Scans
-Favorite Word. lmao.
Life Stealing Scans
-Tends to be what happens when one gets addicted to these things lmao.

Well, looks like following rules is a difficult task for a bunch.
I kinda find it amusing that lots of suggestion involves "scans" in the name. Yet, we don't scan. lol

So applying "factorization" using the tavoo word:
Raven
Is your name here so is no good
Fusion
well fusion may give the idea of an actual fusion amoung groups
Relevance
...idk why but i like that word too ahha
Life Stealing
and this is grumpy & co.'s real objective

ohhh and about the coalition stuff i don't like it, that just reminds me of coal, plain old coal

And The Company sounds great, it's already part of the name, using this grumpy will no longer be the main guy and all the staff would be on some sort of equal ground

Angryfan1

Angryfan1

Potato

• Members
  • 139 posts
How many translators do you have if he is the only one he should a big part of this
...Don't ban me again.

Mako

Mako

Potato

• Contrib Mods
  • 103 posts
  • LocationMexico

How many translators do you have if he is the only one he should a big part of this

ohhh sorry then The Grumpany

patwmm

patwmm

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts
I read this and was like I should try and help, but then realized how hard this is... no wonder you asked for help.
Um here's the best I can come up with... sorry they're kinda lame:
House of Pseudonyms - House like a family and Pseudonyms cuz I seriously love that word and I think it fits
Trace of Sugar (or you can add a different word, it doesn't have to be sugar) - I really like Trace... after I finished it I didn't read anything for days... OMG love <3
And
Kimbap Party - Kimbap is just delicious o.O

Oh and I totally like The Company too, I think that's better then any of mine >.<

katti1

katti1

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts
hmmm I was in this thread but somehow ended up posting in forum rules when I hit reply.

for a new name, how about...

7 Dwarves
(then you just need to find sleepy, happy, etc. to work with grumpy)

Sensei~

Sensei~

Russet Potato

• The Company (inactive)
  • 457 posts

hmmm I was in this thread but somehow ended up posting in forum rules when I hit reply.

for a new name, how about...

7 Dwarves
(then you just need to find sleepy, happy, etc. to work with grumpy)

can't be the 7 dwarfs without snowwhite. =)

Hanan-chan

Hanan-chan

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 58 posts
  • LocationFairyland, where unicorns fart butterflies!
I really laughed hard because there are really a bunch of people who can't read and understand rules. xD

Finding a name...hmm...that's always a difficult choice to make.

I'm suggesting Vergissmeinnicht. It's the name of a flower, my favorite because of it's lovely meaning and the fact that the flower itself looks like painted into the world. I just love it ~?
In English it's forgetmenot. Adding manwha or something else sounds strange to me but then you can even get the domain. The final choice is up to you anyway. It's the agony of choice.

I can't think of anything else, probably because I want you to take my first suggestion.
For a prize, it sounds really bizarre for you to send a manwha around the world for suggesting a name. Although the thought is really somewhat cute! ^_^
Something like a vip status in the forum would be enough for me.

Okay, may God send you a thousand ideas in your dreams, I am looking forward to see a great new name!