Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

General Black Bird discussion

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

Purple Library Guy

Purple Library Guy

Fried Potato

• Donator
  • 695 posts
  • LocationCheck Rivendell, or Vorbarr Sultana, or Adrilankha. No? Try Vancouver.
I do actually like Black Bird, I really do. But, I have to say there is some stuff that annoys me.

1. It's a bit too much of a soap opera for my taste. The plot is tangled and I'm never quite sure whether it has some overall shape that will be visible eventually, or if the mangaka is just throwing new curves half at random every so often to keep our attention.
2. OK, probably this is just me as a gamer, but I get more and more annoyed at the male lead's completely passive/reactive role in the blood sport of youkai politics. He's supposed to be this awesom, competent dude. He needs to be lining up alliances, getting spies in other clans rather than just hunting down theirs in his, finding his opponents, isolating them politically, and taking the fight to them so hard as to intimidate the rest. Instead he just sits around until he gets attacked, repels the attacks and tries to fathom the plots against him.
3. Marrying her is supposed to bring his clan prosperity. Well, he married her. Any prosperity? No, apparently just intensifying clan wars. Never a minute's rest for the clan now. So far, not quite as advertised.

I do like that she's trying to be a bit more active herself. That bit where she poisoned the brother--twice!--was awesome. I'd like to see more of that kind of thing.

3nyaan

3nyaan

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 3 posts

I saw that the manga is complete in spanish, why not in english ? I can't wait !

HumiGad

HumiGad

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 3 posts

Since this was posted last January 2012, I hope that the threadmaker got the answers as the manga progressed. If not 'answers', I hope the threadmaker saw how this manga improved a lot from that time. It has been two years and a lot happened. There is definitely a development in the story and in the characters. Though Misao still cried and whined a lot.

About Kyou, our male lead. He definitely didn't care about youkai politics. He just wanted to be the head in order to be with Misao. And I think it is the most amazing thing. Even though it made him selfish and shallow in the eyes of others, such utter devotion and want to have her brought tears to my eyes. This is from chapter 50. All he cared about... all he did everything for... was Misao. And only her. img000028.png.
About the prosperity part, I think it's because her blood heals and the clan will be recognized as the strongest since the clan leader could get power from having Misao by his side (power of love lol).