Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Latest Chapter Discussion (contains spoilers)

• Please log in to reply
100 replies to this topic

F_T_L_Y

F_T_L_Y

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 25 posts
Since this wasn't already here, I thought why not?

So... topic: Lastest chapter thread.. However I'll stray for a bit....

Thank you Koi dano Ai dano staff for your wonderfulness, awwesomeness, and everything else that you are!
I think I speak for the whole Koi Dano Ai Dano fan populus when I say... WE APPRECIATE YOUR GREATNESS!
Thank you for giving the opportunity to read about Tsubaki and Naedoko's relationship.
(And to the fan, I'm sorry if I upset you in anyway, shape, or form.....)
I would also like to wish the staff good health [with a Happy Lunar New year (even though I'm late but 1 day)] WELCOME BACK DHIARY! If you're still not well, please don't push yourself. Your health, the Editors: Erineire; Velyssia; Robybeck, Cleaners: Fubu; Meshaa, Proofreaders: Jay; Lethargiclove, Typesetter: Erineire, QCers: Redlotys, The Lemon; Raw Providers: Velyssia; Robybeck, and the new translator Midori, means more that your releases.
Oh, and thank you for your fun fact Koi Dano Scans. - ^_^- I would have never thought that those two were close. XD

Now to the topic of this post...

Chapter 7.2 and 8
Tsubaki wasn't kidding when he said he'll do anything he wanted...(7.2 pg 10 & 8 pg32 <I totally fainted here, falling off my chair>) *coughwatchoutNaedokocough* (Tsubaki's going to eat you up..)

MOE! ~~ Anyway, Tsubaki is also a simple guy, huh? Not happy when bitting his love's neck, but completely red when in the face of her smile.... =3= (Tsubaki is also an..... active highschool boy isn't he.....Highschool boys with their imaginations..[ch.8 pg14-5..... made me think for a while... what else does he imagine??].. =P)

And in chapter 8 page 37-8
Tsubaki said "You won't be able to move freely...I'll keep you hidden."
But I read it as... "I don't want anyone looking at you, so I have to hide you"
XD Is there anyone else who saw it like this (or something similar?) or am I imaging to much (>///<)

Suzuna

Suzuna

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 2 posts
Honestly, this chapter surprised me. Our middle schooler Tsubaki-kun has grown up, hasn't he? Judging from their slow development in Warau Kanoko-sama, I thought this manga would be safe for kids with slow development and a kiss near the ending, but wow....

Chapter 8 completely blown out my predictions. Tsubaki now knows what he wants and isn't hesitant to show it. He used to be rather tsundere in warau. Remember the Christmas chapter in warau? He was horrified when Natsukusa misunderstood his relationship with Kanoko. But now he blatantly shows his feelings and I must say, really bold to her. I'm so happy... the author really meant it when she said the manga's theme is romance. The relationship starts slow but building up naturally, unlike many other downright-unrealistic shoujo out there. Thumbs up for the author and many thanks to the scanlator.

And yes, Tsubaki's possessiveness is rather cute. He lets her do what she wants but still keeps her away from bugs lol. I really love this development of him from Warau to Koi dano. Hope we can see 'bolder' development of them in the future.

Yumemi, I'm on your side! Tsubaki-Kanoko fangirl yay!

Miyura

Miyura

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 4 posts
I wish she'd have shown more reaction though. Maybe blushed a little or started taking interest in him but... no.
The poor guy... but I still love her. X)

F_T_L_Y

F_T_L_Y

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 25 posts
Hahahaha. Totally! XD I'm really excited about Tsubaki's development. Naedoko's as well. She's already awesome, but awesome can be advanced right? So I can't wait to see how she gets more awesome (while brushing Tsubaki off due to she obliviousness).

m.c.m.x.c.i.i.

m.c.m.x.c.i.i.

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 11 posts
  • LocationUSofA
-Our ever so clever Naedoko lost to the broadcasting club! So that's what the rumor is all about. Now I'm wondering what would she do as payback to the bc club and the bullies.

-Tsubaki can't be more awesome than this. I never would have expected him to say that on live broadcast. (that's excluding the 'I'll kill you' part)

-Sayuri and her deathly words. 'Nuff said.
I wish there's a spoilers code here (like in mangaupdates) so I can spoil and talk as much as I can.

Edited by m.c.m.x.c.i.i., 10 February 2012 - 01:58 PM.

"You shouldn't have been alive...but the condom broke." :(

Leymint

Leymint

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • LocationIn my roomeh
Actually, you can. Just type ["spoiler"]type whatever you want["/spoiler"] without the quotes.
But there's already a "contains spoiler" warning in the title, so I don't think you should worry much lol.

Chapter 9 spoiler:
Spoiler

Edited by Leymint, 10 February 2012 - 02:10 PM.

Purple Library Guy

Purple Library Guy

Fried Potato

• Donator
  • 695 posts
  • LocationCheck Rivendell, or Vorbarr Sultana, or Adrilankha. No? Try Vancouver.
When it's the stuff that shows on the front, I try to use spoiler codes for most discussion of the plot, because people can see it as soon as they go to the page, before they even start reading. But these discussions aren't like that. For any thread called "Latest" or "current" chapter discusson or like that, even if it doesn't mention spoilers, I wouldn't bother with spoiler tags for, well, talking about the latest chapter. If you don't want to read about that, you shouldn't be reading the thread, right? If I actually for some reason knew about stuff "in the future", like I knew Japanese and had read some raws in advance or something, that I'd hide in spoiler tags.

Agreed, in ch. 9 Tsubaki was dashed cool. I'm kind of waiting for Naedoko to start deciding who, and how, she needs to smack down. Also as usual wondering exactly how long it will take for her to twig to Tsubaki's feelings. Why he doesn't just say "I love you, you idiot!" I don't really understand.
Student council president . . . it's actually kind of funny. Because of his own twisted personality, he came to the right conclusion from totally mistaken reasoning. Being so cold himself, he assumed that the broadcast thing happened for cold reasons, such as that Naedoko directed him to protect her, or that Tsubaki realized Naedoko (as the mastermind) had to be protected for the club's sake --> and so Naedoko must be the mastermind. Totally wrong, but happened to get the answer anyway!

Chalyst

Chalyst

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 7 posts
Yep I completely agree with Purple Library Guy. From what I see, the SC President is the cold and stiff type of guy. Just look at his PROFILE, he said his weakness is "Illogical Things". I bet he just thought it all logically because he's too bad at thinking about feelings and such. Which is also the reason why I'm so excited with what he's going to do next. Will he be Kanoko's enemy? It'll be great to see their brain fights... or will he be Tsubaki's love rival? This one's going to be really interesting! ^__^

And hey, what do you mean Jouran x Kanoko go away? Well, not that I ship them both passionately. I only ship them for the sake of making Tsubaki jealous... But still, I love that guy. I especially love his troubled look when Tsubaki messed up with his show lol.

m.c.m.x.c.i.i.

m.c.m.x.c.i.i.

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 11 posts
  • LocationUSofA
Argh, you guys are right. I just got into the habit of putting spoilers into, well, spoilers. Excuse my stupidity. XD

-Tsubaki can't say "I love you" that easily because he has high pride remember? People like that just can't blurt out fluffy things. AND I still want to see more of Tsubaki's love attack failures.

-SC President is THE man! To be honest, I don't know how and why he concluded that Naedoko is the mastermind behind the Newspaper Club's activities. Because if I am to see that broadcast myself, I would just assume that Tsubaki is one hell of a very caring 'friend'. But for him to figure out that Naedoko is the brain from that broadcast? Darn it, he sure is good.

-HijirixNaedoko would be a very interesting pairing if the mangaka would go and dwell on that idea (not like she would). I think Hijiri will be a great rival for Tsubaki because of his personality. I mean, I read some people saying Tsubaki's rival is the SC president but... two egotistic people going after a very wicked, naive girl... hmnn... a battle of pride, I guess? Though the story would be great, I think that Hijiri suits the rival character better.

"You shouldn't have been alive...but the condom broke." :(

F_T_L_Y

F_T_L_Y

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 25 posts
Tsubaki, Tsubaki, Tsubaki.... You are a darling...lol, but it seems that you made your own plan to protect Naedoko from the enemy, backfire...

My comments on this chapter (chapter 9) are all very similar to the previous ones.... But what I really want to know is.... Where'd Naedoko get hurt? (and how?) I dont think that she was lead away by a group of girls (I mean, even is she was pitted up against them, what could they do to her? XD Refer back to series 1 Warau Kanoko-sama...) And if she was... Dude, Tsubaki's going to kill them.. XD (I'm also curious about the cans prankster... all those cans if recycled must ba at least 1 dollar [U.S.] wouldnt it?)

And Sayuri.. Now you showed a wonderful display of jealously... Really really obvious.. Too bad no one was looking. (Could it be that YOU'RE the can prankster? No, no, you wouldn't be jealous of Kanoko now.. Would you?) [I simply fell more for Tsubaki right here! The way he responded and the way he thinks!!! X3 KYAA!]

Now, to compliment Kanoko... The way she thinks is just... so... HER! "I'd have been happy if they just sent me hand written letters instead" So there would be more blackmailing?? And when she started crying XD I just cracked up, thinking "OMG, YOU ACTRESS!!" Oh, and went Tsubaki when all -over protective boyfriend- when he yelled "Don't get use to it!" I was shocked.... (What an emotional display of anger...) I didn't expect it.. But.....
I want it to happen again... (I mean.. Scaring Kanoko a few times, isn't bad right? As long as the follow up is awesome~)

Hmmm... I just noticed.. This chapter is more of a Tsubaki point of view isnt it? XD

Okay.... I just got a prediction for the next chapter come to mind (More like questions..)
If all 4 of the regular freinds come together.... How are they going to react when they hear that Tsubaki and Hanai are dating (supposedly) becasue I doubt anyone said anything.. (And if they are told that it's only to protect Kanoko... I can't even see their reactions... [I can see Natsukusa's unhappy expression tho..]) And waht about thier reaction to Tsubaki's participation in the beauty pagent? (I have a feeling that we'll be seeing Tsubaki's sister... =3)

Edited by F_T_L_Y, 11 February 2012 - 03:09 AM.

Attanus

Attanus

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 33 posts
  • LocationPortugal

I'm kind of waiting for Naedoko to start deciding who, and how, she needs to smack down. Also as usual wondering exactly how long it will take for her to twig to Tsubaki's feelings. Why he doesn't just say "I love you, you idiot!" I don't really understand.

The first sentence, "Naedoko to start deciding who, and how, she needs to smack down", what do you mean with smack down?

And I don't think Tsubaki isn't saying "I love you" because of his pride, if it was pride he wouldn't even admit it to himself or maintain so much skinship between them. I believe it's more because of Kanoko's reaction. Although we've already seen he's special to her, would she take him seriously (remember that prediction of Tsubaki when Hijiri just threatened to tell Kanoko Tsubaki liked her? "Of course he likes me, we wouldn't be friends if we hated each other." Something like that?) And if she did, how would she actually react?

Edited by Attanus, 17 February 2012 - 10:11 PM.

"You have your way, I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist." - Friedrich Nietzsche

syl_chan

syl_chan

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 9 posts
  • LocationPhils
omg!!omg!! in chapter 11 Kanoko will join the pageant of the Broadcasting Club! :batoto_016:! *yey* this is really getting excited!! i'm sooo looking forward to it! hmm this Sayuri girl isreally dangerous..she's kinda smart and observant too.. :batoto_004: hope this thing will make the relationship of Tsubaki level-up!
Posted Image good work everyone! hope more updates to come! :)

Comadrin

Comadrin

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 799 posts
  • LocationManetheren, but more realistically Southern California
I am anxiously awaiting the next chapters. I think the Broadcasting Club is definitely digging their own grave. The BC president (square glasses dude) should be quietly euthanized for his own good, as his brain function can be classified as "barely enough for body function maintenance." Jouran and Sayuri should be given the worst punishment of all, that of being forced to live together in a 6 tatami mat apartment indefinitely, with an after school curfew. One or both would be dead or totally insane after a short period. The Neko twits, er, uh, twins, should be released in front of a pack of lust-filled dobermans in order to get the proper exercise they have undoubtedly been missing.

I really want to see what the mangaka has in store for us with the Student Body President. I find him even less likable than the tin pot hitler corporate grandson from the original series. His arrogance borders on being psychopathic. He is extremely clever and a top student, but he totally despises everyone else. This is pretty much irredeemable. He makes promises he has no intention of keeping and only keeps his word when blackmailed into it. He doesn't see this as wrong, because, after all, he is dealing with untermenschen. Even his sister, a bit of a snotty wench but with character he doesn't show, is somewhat shocked by this part of him. I can see him as a parent:

Children: "But Daddy, you promised to take us to Disneyland."
Pres: "Have you got this in writing? No? Then don't let me hear you talking about this again."

Edited by Comadrin, 16 August 2012 - 03:35 AM.

Attanus

Attanus

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 33 posts
  • LocationPortugal
Actually I found myself starting to like Sayuri more and more with the many times I've re-read KDAD already. I think she's a lot like Tsubaki, and just goes with whatever Hijiri's planning next to either amuse herself with the show or please him. I think she can become an ally in the future...

And I also like the President; I find his seriousness cute and...well...I really want to see him break under Naedoko's power fufufufufu!
But, let's speak truthfully, it's not as if we have much information on his character yet. For all we know, he may have a good reason to act the way he does...

I've been wondering. Do you guys think the manga will follow Naedoko in her entire high school life? Or perhaps just the first year?
And I'm really wondering about the romance... Any of you read Ousou (sp?) Swing? You'll probably understand what I mean then. Honestly, the more I try the less I can imagine Naedoko in love... But maybe I've just been reading too many typical shoujos.

Anyway, I'm dying for the next chapter.

Edited by Attanus, 09 September 2012 - 06:53 PM.

"You have your way, I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist." - Friedrich Nietzsche

Comadrin

Comadrin

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 799 posts
Same here, I need my Evil Naedoko fix. I would love it if the series follows her entire HS life. Watching her own someone is as satisfying as watching Kyo cut down Oda Nobunaga in Samurai Deeper Kyo. She has to be one of the best characters ever created in a manga.

Comadrin

Comadrin

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 799 posts
After reading chapter 11, I still think the Broadcasting Club is digging it's own grave. Sayuri definitely screwed up by showing her hand so plainly and locking Kanoko in that room. Even the dense members of the school (about 99%) will have noticed that the "school-wide" beauty contest was set up so their own members could win easily. Hijiri is getting pretty dense himself, and clumsier in his plotting. I am really looking forward to see where this is going to go and what mayhem my favorite heroine is about to inflict on a pair of royal jerks. Smackdown is coming!

Naeddyr

Naeddyr

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 11 posts

After reading chapter 11, I still think the Broadcasting Club is digging it's own grave. Sayuri definitely screwed up by showing her hand so plainly and locking Kanoko in that room. Even the dense members of the school (about 99%) will have noticed that the "school-wide" beauty contest was set up so their own members could win easily. Hijiri is getting pretty dense himself, and clumsier in his plotting. I am really looking forward to see where this is going to go and what mayhem my favorite heroine is about to inflict on a pair of royal jerks. Smackdown is coming!

Ah, you should read the chapter again. You've gotten the wrong idea.

The purpose of the pageant was to get Sayuri elected as the beauty queen, but neither Sayuri or Hijiri really cared whether Ouji or Tsubaki won, either one was fine. The reason why Sayuri hid Kanoko away was a spur-of-the-moment decision... Because suddenly she found that she liked Kanoko. This is spelled out quite clearly at the end: Sayuri talks with Kanoko, Kanoko asks her to become friends with Tsubaki, Sayuri thinks Kanoko is going to turn jealous towards her, but Kanoko doesn't: Sayuri starts to find Kanoko cute and, because Sayuri knows Kanoko is the mastermind of the newspaper club (something that no one else really knows yet), she decided to hide Kanoko away, so that she wouldn't be bothered... Also, because she felt a bit possessive.

Y'see, Sayuri is to Hijiri like Tsubaki is to Kanoko. Sayuri is very much alike to Tsubaki (which is why when they interact they can't get along), and Hijiri and Kanoko are similar. In a way, Kanoko is like a cute girl version of Hijiri, so of course Sayuri would like her.

The only reason why Hijiri is in trouble in this case is because of his obsession with Tsubaki being his counterpart (and dismissing Kanoko), and the fact that Sayuri hid away Kanoko (not at Hijiri's request or anything). If Kanoko had been at the pageant, or if she hadn't partaken in it at all, all would have been fine for the broadcast club.

Sayuri caused the original problem by one-sidedly trying to find out where Kanoko stands in regards to being the mastermind (I presume this is what she was after), and setting her up in the pageant, but she also fixed things when she hid Kanoko away. Neither Kanoko nor Tsubaki really cared about the pageant, so it's really a wash for them what happened. Thing is, now Kanoko believes all that happened was a plot by Hijiri and Sayuri that was planned from the beginning, but it wasn't, it was really all a coincidence.

Everyone wins, except for Hijiri and the Broadcast Club: Sayuri doesn't really care about he Broadcast Club, she only cares about Hijiri, and Hijiri joined and strengthened the Broadcast Club to help with Sayuri's "dream" (that has faded ages ago, probably just what she might had said when she was a kid and Hijiri ran with it).

Ooh, that's another parallell between Tsubaki/Kanoko and Sayuri/Hijiri: Tsubaki joined the Newspaper club to be with Kanoko, and Kanoko stays in the Newspaper club to find out why Tsubaki joined. Hijiri joined the Broadcasting club to help Sayuri, and Sayuri joined the Broadcasting club to be with Hijiri. Both pairs are stuck in their respective clubs because the participants don't want to separate from each other, which would be trivially cleared up if the only communicated... Though Sayuri seems to realise what is going on in Hijiri's head, and is playing along, unlike Tsubaki, who would pull himself and Kanoko out of the Newspaper club if he only knew.

Comadrin

Comadrin

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 799 posts
Naeddyr - Like your take on the chapter. You saw more in Sayuri's actions than I did on my first reading. (I've got to read these clever manga more carefully before jumping up to post my opinions!) I wrote a reply two days ago, but had reached my max posts for the day and it disappeared. My comment about "even the dense members ..." was about the perception of most of the school, who may think (like Kanoko did) that the Broadcasting Club set the pageant up just for their own members to win. On closer reading, after I saw your post, I think Sayuri and Hijiri have come to the same conclusion.

I am beginning to wonder, if Hijiri joined the BC to help Sayuri and she joined just to be with him, if they are now going to abandon the club to its' fate. She certainly didn't seem to be bothered that it looked like the club had made a huge mistake. It seems that neither have a very strong loyalty to the club itself after all. Hijiri, of course, is still as imperceptive as usual, thinking that the Student Council President was interested in Kanoko as a girl, rather than as a plotter. One thing I thought was hilarious was what Tsubaki was thinking backstage and when he went out on the stage: "Isn't this a famous escalator school?" and "Is this school gonna be alright?" Hijiri may have made a mistake by whipping up the "serious, academically-oriented" students at this "prestigious scholastic institution" to the point that, in a public venue, they look more like a crowd of 12 year old girls at a concert by male JPop idols. This could be bad for the school image, since it was mentioned that a lot of outside people came to the cultural festival to check out this "famous school."

With all that's now going on and the more intricate set of motivations and goals you pointed out, I think the future of the manga is going to be even more interesting and entertaining than it looked like before. This chapter was a real catalyst for the story. Really looking forward to the next chapter.

Edited by Comadrin, 04 November 2012 - 12:23 PM.

Comadrin

Comadrin

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 799 posts
More and more developments, and more and more hilarious. The computer club president is a fruitcake. As a lolicon, he doesn't like cute lolitas, he likes nerd lolitas (he didn't even notice Kanoko with makeup and no glasses). Also, with his secret doors and surveillance devices, he could be setting himself up for a lot of trouble, as what he is doing is pretty close to, if not outright, illegal. I realize that any school that allows the student council president to usurp the authority of teachers and administrators, and doesn't fill in a pitfall trap for months is kind of strange, but this is manga, after all. Of course, all this is a perfect environment for the machinations of our beloved Kanoko-Sama, so I will forgive any irregularities as long as she continues being herself. I am also really enjoying Sayuri more and more. It was pretty decent of her to warn Kanoko about the SC president.

I was sorry not to see more of the middle school quartet after the beauty pageant, as I especially enjoy Momoka and Yamada, although I like all of them. Thanks for a great chapter!

inzaratha

inzaratha

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 501 posts
  • LocationArizona (or somewhere in the forest riding a unicorn)
I really loved these most current chapters, I reread the beauty paegant part and I think you are right about Sayuri, she is the one who knows the most, most of the others have no clue and think she likes Tsubaki. I was wondering if Kanoko is going to start noticing how he feels about her after all the gifts like all the protective gear and all. They just have to be one of my favorite couples ( I know they aren't a real couple yet, but their teamwork is just great ).
All the scheming behind the scenes of the different clubs is great.