Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Useless yet interesting facts

• Please log in to reply
146 replies to this topic

Xbox User

Xbox User

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 210 posts
  • LocationXbox Dashboard
Twenty useless yet interesting facts that you will probably never use in your daily lives.

1. A "jiffy" is a unit of time for 1/100th of a second

2. "Rhythm" is the longest English word without a vowel

3. Honey is the only food that does not spoil

4. Of all the words in the English language, the word "set" has the most definitions

5. A pregnant goldfish is called a twit

6. The very first bomb dropped by the Allies on Berlin during World War II Killed the only elephant in the Berlin Zoo

7. The state of Florida is bigger than England

8. A duck's quack doesn't echo, and no one knows why

9. An average of 13 people are killed each year by vending machines

10. A hummingbird weighs less than a penny

11. Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia is the fear of long words

12. A snail can sleep for 3 years

13. Shakespeare invented the words "assassination" and "bump"

14. A giraffe can go without water longer than a camel can

15. You have a better chance getting struck by lightning on your way to purchase a lottery ticket then you do at winning the lottery

16. Sherlock Holmes never said "Elementary, my dear Watson."

17. Excluding North and South, every continent ends with the letter it starts with.

18. Poland is the "stolen car capital of the world"

19. The word "Checkmate" in chess comes from the Persian phrase "Shah Mat," which means "the king is dead"

20. You can't kill yourself by holding your breath

Weren't those interesting? Feel free to post more useless yet interesting facts!

Edited by Xbox User, 29 January 2012 - 01:22 AM.

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Please enjoy the show!

Xbox User

Xbox User

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 210 posts
  • LocationXbox Dashboard
What?

Please enjoy the show!

Trebor

Trebor

Voice to the Voiceless

• Administrators
  • 1,918 posts
  • LocationUSA

What?

Not sure, but I deleted cawsking555's post as spam.
Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri

Xbox User

Xbox User

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 210 posts
  • LocationXbox Dashboard
I see. Thanks for that.

Please enjoy the show!

Trebor

Trebor

Voice to the Voiceless

• Administrators
  • 1,918 posts
  • LocationUSA
Uh, I guess I should post some fact now.

21. In computer networking, bandwidth and speed are entirely different things.
Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri

Colour

Colour

Fried Potato

• Retired Mods
  • 877 posts
  • LocationIn a Box of Crayons
22. Women blink nearly twice as much as men.

cawsking555

cawsking555

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 64 posts
  • Locationportland
number 23 doctors allwas lie
number 24 incert doctor who joke hear
number25 ninjas have bad meds
i have a mental disorder called Aspurgers. think ocd + socially detached from the world and you get Aspurgers

Liar

Liar

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 472 posts
22. The sun is actually white, not yellow.

softpick

softpick

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 371 posts
23. The letter "a" is not used until onethousand

upQffwT.png

©®åƒ†¥µåGGø†

©®åƒ†¥µåGGø†

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 217 posts
  • LocationIn your ear.
24. The number 22 was used twice. (in retrospect, I suppose one can't call this interesting, but it certainly is useless :P)

Edited by PogOdiver, 28 January 2012 - 07:01 AM.

Looks like a duck? Tastes like a duck? Walks like a duck? It's a panda! :batoto_010:
oh darn.

Megaloden

Megaloden

Potato Spud

• Donator
  • 24 posts
  • Location^.^
hahaha, interesting indeed ;)

25. The only planet without a ring is earth.
26. Donkeys kill more people annually than plane crashes.

Edited by Megaloden, 29 January 2012 - 12:40 AM.

ValorantX

ValorantX

Baked Potato

• Contributor
  • 1,601 posts
26. A lot of the facts that were posted the last several times weren't even true.... (like the last one is completely wrong, and you haven't considered other solar systems)

"Once you label me you negate me." - Soren Kierkegaard

Xbox User

Xbox User

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 210 posts
  • LocationXbox Dashboard
27. Albert Einstein was offered the presidency of Israel in 1952, but he declined.

28. February 17th, 1930, was the first flight by a cow in an airplane. The milk that was produced by the cow during the flight was put into containers and parachuted over the city of St. Louis.

Please enjoy the show!

Mad_Scientist

Mad_Scientist

Potato

• Members
  • 118 posts
  • LocationStuck between a rock and a hard place.
29.) The plastic at the end of a shoe lace is called an aglet.
30.) The dot over an i and a j is called a tittle
31.) Gynecomatia means man boobs
32.) Semantic setiation. What happens when you keep repeating a word until the word lose all meaning.
33.) Purlicue. The spacing between the forefingers and the thumb.
"I don't care if you're black, white, straight, bisexual, gay, lesbian, short, tall, fat, skinny, rich or poor. If you're nice to me, I'll be nice to you. Simple as that."

"I ain't such a saint that I can promise to risk my life for strangers. Neither am I scum enough to sit quietly by while people are getting hurt before my eyes"

Colour

Colour

Fried Potato

• Retired Mods
  • 877 posts
34. Barbie's full name is Barbara Millicent Roberts.

Edited by Colour, 29 January 2012 - 06:02 PM.

powha

powha

Vocaloid

• Contrib Mods
  • 1,117 posts
  • LocationGensokyo
I am amused. :D

35. The bicycle is the most efficient form of transportation known. It uses five times less energy than walking.

Colour

Colour

Fried Potato

• Retired Mods
  • 877 posts
36. The Average Person Falls Asleep In Seven Minutes.

Xbox User

Xbox User

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 210 posts
  • LocationXbox Dashboard
37. Although diamond is the hardest substance on Earth, when heated to 763ºC (1404ºF) it vanishes. A bit of CO2 is released, but not even ash remains

38. Morihei Ueshiba, founder of Aikido, once pinned an opponent using only a single finger

Please enjoy the show!

Colour

Colour

Fried Potato

• Retired Mods
  • 877 posts
39. The king of hearts is the only king without a mustache.

40. Walt Disney was afraid of mice.

Edited by Colour, 29 January 2012 - 10:33 PM.

Mad_Scientist

Mad_Scientist

Potato

• Members
  • 118 posts
  • LocationStuck between a rock and a hard place.
41.) William the Conqueror courted Matilda of Flanders by grabbing her by the hair and throwing her on the ground.
42.) When the Romanov was massacred the bullets bounced off tsarevich and the grand duchesses due to the amount of jewellery they wore. They had to be shot in the head.
"I don't care if you're black, white, straight, bisexual, gay, lesbian, short, tall, fat, skinny, rich or poor. If you're nice to me, I'll be nice to you. Simple as that."

"I ain't such a saint that I can promise to risk my life for strangers. Neither am I scum enough to sit quietly by while people are getting hurt before my eyes"