Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Latest chapter discussion

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Autumn

Autumn

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 361 posts
  • LocationBelgium
To discuss latest chapters of Layers.

So, new character. A mind reader. Now that's a skill we haven't seen before.

And more mystery. I wonder what's going to happen to Mia now. Who exactly is awaiting her in that house (assuming there is other people affiliated with mind reader guy), and how do they relate to the Special Class?

Theories:
1) "cast-outs" from the special class, who for some reason don't agree with the Special Class ultimate goal (transferring a city - how strange) or methods (corporate spying while on Layer)?
2) natural inhabitants of Layer?
3) an "enemy" special class?

Also, Hana's fears of Mia disappearing leaves you wondering: are they good guys, bad guys, or neither?

*Ninja'd since... 2011*

Also... can't seem to do calculations properly

"Les sanglots longs des violons de l'automne blessent mon coeur d'une langueur monotone" (Paul Verlaine)

-> if you're bored and don't know french, you can always try to (google-)TL this^^

Coca

Coca

Potato

• Members
  • 103 posts
I can't believe that despite the series being called "Layers" it never occurred to me that there could be- *gasp* multiple layers.
It kills me because it's so obvious.

I wonder if their "reality" is itself only another layer, or perhaps it is "Layer Prime" on which all other layers are derived.
It makes sense that if there are duplicates of all objects of reality in one layer, there would be duplicates of actual people as well. These "duplicates" could comprise what we would call "native inhabitants" of a particular layer. It's also possible that there are no real "natives" and everyone in Layer had to have transferred there from reality at some point in time. Assuming that "transferring" is something people have been doing for quite a while, it wouldn't be too much of a stretch to assume that some people have managed to stay and live in Layer, thus comprising the "people of Layer".
The possibilities are endless.

The "opposite" of reality could be many things, but reality at its most basic could simply mean "existence", the opposite of which could be lack thereof, or it could be something else entirely. If Lilac was transferred to such a layer, I wonder how he's gonna get back.

I also wonder if Layer has some connection with a person's imagination or the plasticity of the mind, which is somehow related to the extent of one's abilities within Layer and why people can no longer transfer or retain all faculties within Layer when they get older, save for a few exceptions. Many elements of Layer also seem to come from people's imaginations such as the monsters and other fantastical creatures. Or perhaps it's the opposite and mythical folklore was derived from actual creatures that already existed in Layer.

And so far, it seems as though only females can transfer. This may be a coincidence since only a very few people can actually transfer, but there might be something more to it.

Before you know it, they'll be going to a layer inside another layer:

"We need to go deeper."

"How deep?"

Edited by Coca, 07 March 2012 - 05:57 PM.

Autumn

Autumn

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 361 posts
  • LocationBelgium
Yay! Another poster! And I only noticed that now -_-

It makes sense that if there are duplicates of all objects of reality in one layer, there would be duplicates of actual people as well. These "duplicates" could comprise what we would call "native inhabitants" of a particular layer. It's also possible that there are no real "natives" and everyone in Layer had to have transferred there from reality at some point in time. Assuming that "transferring" is something people have been doing for quite a while, it wouldn't be too much of a stretch to assume that some people have managed to stay and live in Layer, thus comprising the "people of Layer".

Well, judging from this last chapter, I would say a little bit of both. I mean the "people of Layer" group said themselves that they came from reality, while "opposite reality guy" seems to be an alternate. But why is layer #1 so empty of people (apart from the group)? Where are the native? All gathered in a safe zone, dead, or something else entirely?

Like you, I also wonder what exactly "opposite of reality" entails. For the moment, all we know is that it seems like a pretty bleak place and that standing in the sunlight there is dangerous... ? As to how Lilac would get out of there... we'll see I guess? Though, perhaps there, it's guys who can transfer?

Your the

I also wonder if Layer has some connection with a person's imagination or the plasticity of the mind, which is somehow related to the extent of one's abilities within Layer and why people can no longer transfer or retain all faculties within Layer when they get older, save for a few exceptions. Many elements of Layer also seem to come from people's imaginations such as the monsters and other fantastical creatures. Or perhaps it's the opposite and mythical folklore was derived from actual creatures that already existed in Layer.

Interesting.

*Ninja'd since... 2011*

Also... can't seem to do calculations properly

"Les sanglots longs des violons de l'automne blessent mon coeur d'une langueur monotone" (Paul Verlaine)

-> if you're bored and don't know french, you can always try to (google-)TL this^^

Dragrath

Dragrath

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 10 posts
These ideas are great! :) If the layers and the powers pluses get are born from imagination, then this place would be an awesome place for someone like me who has always had a strong imagination plus I would have some great ideas for monsters to inhabit those realms heh heh...

Well on another note they finally explained how people loose their powers in layers. So it is a gradual process that causes most people to loose their abilities early on but some people can keep their powers all there life. I wonder what the population percentage is for that I assume it is low but it would be nice to know...

sorrow

sorrow

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 442 posts
  • LocationThe States, Colorado
The "opposite" of reality looked really cool I hope they go into greater detail about what go's on there & that its more than just an apocalyptic earth.

You must die, I alone am best!

Posted Image

Signature: a swordsman in ‘Magician’

Spoiler

Wanderer

Wanderer

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 44 posts
Things are getting interesting. I wonder what'll happen now that Mia, Hana and Mia's brother are united again.

Spoiler

Jumy

Jumy

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • LocationAbove the highest Floor, watching the stars
Lately, there seem to be many characters being killed of rather quick.
I also want to know more about that 'other layer'. Absolutely love the steampunkish aspect of it :)