Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Breaker2 Latest Chapter Discussion

• Please log in to reply
77 replies to this topic

s1b0i6n5

s1b0i6n5

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 24 posts
So first things first of course the RAWs. You can google "daum breaker2" or use the link below to view directly from the publisher's site.
http://cartoon.media...n/view/BREAKER2

So this week's chapter (57)...just awesome. Old man that wanted to kill Nine Arts Jr goes apesht on the skeleton guys who show up in the van, n the young female captain is most likely gonna need Shioon to protect her before Jini's Uncle destroys her. There's quite a bit of flashback with him in his younger days chillin n fightin alongside his buddy who I'm guessin was a captain at the time; prolly meant to show the old fart still has some good in him.

I just wonder how long it'll be before 9 Arts comes from behind the curtain to greet his disciple. Or will that have to wait for Breaker3: Reunion?

Edited by s1b0i6n5, 20 January 2012 - 11:53 AM.

Allanon

Allanon

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 38 posts
Jizz in my pants.

Posted Image

bushwhacker2k

bushwhacker2k

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 485 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina, USA
I don't think I've heard this referred to as Breaker2 before (what does Daum mean?).

Probably one of the more enjoyable chapters in recent memory, I've been missing some ass-kickery and all the kids calling themselves 'masters' have been asking for an ass-whupping.

"This statement is not true."

25 Cazuul

25 Cazuul

Potato

• Members
  • 144 posts
  • LocationTraining under 9AD on the Floor of Tests
Do you guys think that Shi-oon will use the Heaven and Earth technique to regain his Ki Center? Like instead of it making him go berserk it unleashes his full potential and allows him to access all the Ki that the special pill gave him? I kinda think that is the answer...

bushwhacker2k

bushwhacker2k

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 485 posts

Do you guys think that Shi-oon will use the Heaven and Earth technique to regain his Ki Center? Like instead of it making him go berserk it unleashes his full potential and allows him to access all the Ki that the special pill gave him? I kinda think that is the answer...

Also the conclusion I arrived at, since it's the big glaring difference between him and the rest of Murim, I figured sunsengnim knew what he was doing.

crysdgon88

crysdgon88

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 47 posts
now that facing his mother being in coma.... Shi-oon is showing some pretty bizarre killing intents... i hope this won't lead him to the same path as his master and grand master when he use Black Heaven and Earth (BHE) technique...
i dun know if he's still practicing the BHE properly but i think that technique might also be a key for his recovering the ki center...
may be combining the good-by-heart personality of his and all the tough times he's been through physically and mentally... he can successfully control the BHE...

-----I'll be No. 2 but NONE will be No. 1-----

Posted Image

Artorias

Artorias

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 353 posts
  • LocationHong Kong
Wow Shioon is going to the dark side

crysdgon88

crysdgon88

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 47 posts
Shioon is starting to seriously learn Dark heaven and earth.... this gonna be nice, he might be able to heal his ki center with the art.....

Posted Image

crysdgon88

crysdgon88

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 47 posts
ho ho ho...SUC leader's here.... ha ha ha

Posted Image

Icee

Icee

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 666 posts
Well this seems interesting... Shioon is about to go on a rampage seriously -_- If I could I'd hit him across the head... <= to cool him down and because I'd feel like it xD
Hoping to see a battle soon... xD

IM or it's for naught

annihilator

annihilator

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 2,035 posts
  • Locationnomad...
have you guys read the latest chapter?

im liking elder kwon.... hahahaha.... the alliance leader looks like he pissed himself off...

wahahahaha...

ahh.. i wish i could read TBNW here...

...m y a l t e r e g o...

Posted Image

The Illuminati

The Illuminati

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 679 posts
  • LocationSint Maarten, Kingdom of the Netherlands
Shioon represents the civilians caught in the middle of a war between two faction. One faction, 9AD, claims to be fighting for a better future, where all are equal and no one is abused by the establishment. The other faction, The Alliance, -- as far as I know -- hasn’t even publically acknowledged that there are cracks in the system but feel that their continued rule is best for all involved.

I bring this up because it colors the situation in such a way that makes it look like ‘perhaps it’s better not to stand up/cause waves if this is the result’. My friend and I happened to be talking about this just yesterday, in fact. She was of the opinion that it was better to just let ‘bullies’ do as they please and ignore them. Violence begets violence, if you will. I was of the opinion that doing nothing only feeds a ‘bullies’ ego and need to do more. She countered by saying that it was people like me that started wars…

Before I could reply she changed the subject and we went back to cuddling on the couch. As I rested my chin on top of her head I had to wonder which was worse; People who want things to change, people happy with how things are or people who take as much as they can for themselves.

To be fair, the author does a good job of showing the dark and light of each faction, I feel ultimately though that ‘The Breaker’ is going to end with the MAA staying in power because it’s better than standing up for yourself.

“It's all about Power."
"Grabbing it. Keeping it. Using It."
"Power is our currency, our DNA... Our God.”
"We control the World."
"We provide the blueprint. And we give the Instructions."

bushwhacker2k

bushwhacker2k

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 485 posts

Shioon represents the civilians caught in the middle of a war between two faction. One faction, 9AD, claims to be fighting for a better future, where all are equal and no one is abused by the establishment. The other faction, The Alliance, -- as far as I know -- hasn’t even publically acknowledged that there are cracks in the system but feel that their continued rule is best for all involved.

9AD? I think I missed where they introduced that name...

I bring this up because it colors the situation in such a way that makes it look like ‘perhaps it’s better not to stand up/cause waves if this is the result’. My friend and I happened to be talking about this just yesterday, in fact. She was of the opinion that it was better to just let ‘bullies’ do as they please and ignore them. Violence begets violence, if you will. I was of the opinion that doing nothing only feeds a ‘bullies’ ego and need to do more. She countered by saying that it was people like me that started wars…

Yeah, I've seen that argument before. I'm definitely more on the stand-up-for-yourself side, as it is. I'm not of the opinion that everything will be okay if we let whoever wants to control things do whatever they please. Avoiding the confrontation might be safer short-term, but in the end you're a push-over if that's what you always do.

To me the gray area comes when it might be two bullies squaring off(or however you want to phrase that :D), like two countries going to war. I think a lot of issues in the world are caused by a lack of trust(which is justified, but then the lack of trust begets a lack of trust and eventually people are backstabbers by nature) and thus everyone thinks they personally know what's best and that others will ruin things.

Before I could reply she changed the subject and we went back to cuddling on the couch. As I rested my chin on top of her head I had to wonder which was worse; People who want things to change, people happy with how things are or people who take as much as they can for themselves.

I'm not actually sure that third side exists in the context of this particular comparison (though if you want to elaborate to explain why it does I'd be happy to listen :D), but among the other two I'd say there is definitely no purely correct answer. If someone is actually able to be completely happy and satisfied with their current situation (something which I doubt exists) then it'd make sense that they wouldn't want things to change, because if everything is perfect then change can only be a bad thing. In the state of the world today I think change is much more important than holding on to tradition, I wouldn't be able to explain this well but the state of things in the world irritates me. I don't like politics, I don't like bullies, I don't like the belief that power has to be hoarded to prevent chaos, I don't like the subjugation of groups to centralize power, I don't like blind sheep that honestly believe that nothing is wrong in this world and I don't like withholding technology...

To be fair, the author does a good job of showing the dark and light of each faction, I feel ultimately though that ‘The Breaker’ is going to end with the MAA staying in power because it’s better than standing up for yourself.

Not actually sure what you mean by standing up for yourself, but I think it'll stay in power because Kangsung is the leader. He's notably powerful and seems like a truly good person, compared to many others. The last leader was kind of laughably evil, one of those guys that it's difficult to believe no one recognized how much a douchebag he was beforehand.

Edited by bushwhacker2k, 20 April 2012 - 11:23 AM.

The Illuminati

The Illuminati

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 679 posts
  • LocationSint Maarten, Kingdom of the Netherlands

9AD? I think I missed where they introduced that name...

Sorry, it’s his nickname on another forum. That’s where I mostly post about The Breaker. It stands for Nine Arts Dragon (9AD)

I'm not actually sure that third side exists in the context of this particular comparison.

Yeah, that last part was added as an afterthought, since there are always people trying ‘to make the most of a bad situation’.

In the context of the manga, there are certainly people, on a small scale, that are taking advantage of the situation. I think the masked guy of the S.U.C. comes across as a person playing both ends against the middle. The head of ‘Black Forrest’ would be someone doing something similar on a larger scale. So far, I haven’t seen anything from his personality that suggests he wants the Martial Arts Alliance (MAA) brought down for any other reason than personal gain.

I could wrong, at most we’ve gotten a few lines from him. Not much to build on but there you go. If you think of it in terms of the movie ‘Lord of War’ then you have to wonder where the profit comes in which makes a third faction seem unlikely or should I say forth since the ‘innocents’ would be the third faction/side to the ‘war’.

Not actually sure what you mean by standing up for yourself, but I think it'll stay in power because Kangsung is the leader. He's notably powerful and seems like a truly good person, compared to many others. The last leader was kind of laughably evil, one of those guys that it's difficult to believe no one recognized how much a douchebag he was beforehand.

Causing waves is what I should have said. xD Because upsetting the balance causes waves which causes suffering which should be avoided at all costs. The occasional suicide is a small price to pay to keep the establishment in power. The Breaker = The Matrix, The MAA = Agents, The One = 9AD. Just like in The Matrix, there are those who’d rather stay plugged in than see what the real world looks like.

Dum, dum, dummmmm!

Your ending is also plausible. Have to wait and see who the true savior of The Breaker turns out to be.

“It's all about Power."
"Grabbing it. Keeping it. Using It."
"Power is our currency, our DNA... Our God.”
"We control the World."
"We provide the blueprint. And we give the Instructions."

bushwhacker2k

bushwhacker2k

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 485 posts
Pretty apt comparison to the Matrix :D

Excepting that there is, in fact, a gray area (because not all MAA guys are evil robots bent on human subjugation, just most :P) and the main character isn't played by Keanu Reeves.

annihilator

annihilator

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 2,035 posts
  • Locationnomad...
ahh.. now its gripping!

...m y a l t e r e g o...

Posted Image

s1b0i6n5

s1b0i6n5

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 24 posts
Glad to see this thread picked up some pace along the way (:

Now that Shioon has met the blackhair kid's evil brother/relative, I wonder how much more psyched he's gonna be to regain his powers, and how much longer until we see him in an actual fight where he's competent. Of course he's going to go the shounen route and start by receiving a couple blows here and there, but even Ichigo (from BLEACH) has evolved past that stage (granted it took +7yrs...)

Also remember scans can be picked up below a couple days after it goes up on daum (publisher's website)
www.ipitydafoo.com/category/the-breaker/

DualPrinciple

DualPrinciple

Potato

• Members
  • 128 posts
I liked the original very much and I am still interested in this sequel too. I gotta say, the Black Heaven and Earth technique might be the answer for Shioon's troubles... and the beginning of a whole new whole of trouble. But at least so far this is the only thing that could resolve his physical condition. Sort of. Minus the "imma bloodthirsty demon nowza" that 9 Arts Dragon had. Also, Naifu and bushwhacker, I liked the little discussion you two had, nice! :P

Never forget where you came from; never stop moving onwards. The future is ours for the taking.
What is the difference between a MAN and a SLAVE? The man chooses, the slave obeys.
A wise one knows truth lies in the middle - as all the Opposites are unified unto One.
There is a system in chaos, just as light shines at it's brightest in the dark.

whatcolor_iswhite.jpg
whatcolor_isblack.jpg

whatcolor_isred.jpg

DualPrinciple

DualPrinciple

Potato

• Members
  • 128 posts
Ok, latest chapter. I'm liking this Sera clan leader girl (if I remember her name correctly) even more now. Not to mention that I really like new look with her hair tied. And I rarely care about stuff like that so much, since I usually remember that these are just fictional characters. The end of the chapter made me, as internet folk say, jizz my pants. I'm really hoping this will turn out for the better of Shion in the end, too. Which it will. Because he is our MC anyway, and a really kind dumbass, too :)

Never forget where you came from; never stop moving onwards. The future is ours for the taking.
What is the difference between a MAN and a SLAVE? The man chooses, the slave obeys.
A wise one knows truth lies in the middle - as all the Opposites are unified unto One.
There is a system in chaos, just as light shines at it's brightest in the dark.

whatcolor_iswhite.jpg
whatcolor_isblack.jpg

whatcolor_isred.jpg

bushwhacker2k

bushwhacker2k

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 485 posts
Ugh, what a cliffhanger...

Got to be honest, Shioon has been annoying me for a while now... I haven't seen a significant improvement in his abilities since halfway through the first series, he better start bringing things out soon or we'll never get anywhere.