Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Look like Baki vs. Yujiro is not the last fight of the series.

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

Man Santichai

Man Santichai

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • LocationBangkok, Thailand
While Baki has already started the battle with his own father, Retsu Kaio still hasn't fought with the "100 metres world record holder" yet. So at least there is another fight pending for Itagaki to draw. But I think that fight is not the last too. It's really hard to guess when this manga will reach the ending. Actually, it's even hard to guess what will be going on in every next chapter. This manga is rather... random, but that might be what make it really amusing.

chosen

chosen

Potato Spud

• Contributor
  • 15 posts
  • Locationyour dream
i think baki will lose this fight too since his dad only uses hands + most of it are slaps (from what i seen so far)

Seifallah Ben Tanfous

Seifallah Ben Tanfous

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 16 posts
As stated by the author the serie wil not end until that character(Yujiro) is defeated.

chosen

chosen

Potato Spud

• Contributor
  • 15 posts
  • Locationyour dream
yeah at least this part (i mean there might be secret organization or whatever that made Yujiro what he's now that means there's stronger fighters than Yujiro but no one knows about)

Fizanko

Fizanko

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 17 posts
I don't know if any of you have given a look at the raw of chapter 283, but
Spoiler

As much as like the dynamics and the action of Son of the Ogre so far, i hope this will not end with Baki defeating Yujiro considering how the Ogre is shown since the beginning, it would just be completely ridiculous because despite Baki is extremely strong, the way Yujiro has been shown from the beginning and even in their fight, he's in a completely different league from Baki.

I really hope the writer will not get to a kind of "i'm much weaker than you but i can grow suddenly more powerfull" crap plot device used in many manga to end the Baki saga and will find a way that makes sense within the context of the whole story.

Edited by Fizanko, 27 January 2012 - 08:19 PM.

bushwhacker2k

bushwhacker2k

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 485 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina, USA

As much as like the dynamics and the action of Son of the Ogre so far, i hope this will not end with Baki defeating Yujiro considering how the Ogre is shown since the beginning, it would just be completely ridiculous because despite Baki is extremely strong, the way Yujiro has been shown from the beginning and even in their fight, he's in a completely different league from Baki.

I completely agree, my suspension of disbelief was broken in the Unchained fight, so even the thought of Baki beating Yujiro sounds totally unrealistic.

I really hope the writer will not get to a kind of "i'm much weaker than you but i can grow suddenly more powerfull" crap plot device used in many manga to end the Baki saga and will find a way that makes sense within the context of the whole story.

I'm hoping for something interesting but like I said before I can't fathom Baki ever beating Yujiro.

"This statement is not true."

Fizanko

Fizanko

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 17 posts
Yes, i agree the end of the Unchained fight was frankly ridiculous. Baki beating Olivia in term of pure strength was making no sense, because the whole point of the Unchained is that his brute strength was superior to Baki's one, and so it should have been Baki's technique that should have allowed him to defeat Olivia, not his muscles.
And that was why he wanted to fight him to prepare himself for the battle against his father that is the top in both strength and technique

Looks like what happened in chapter 285 confirms that Yujiro vs Baki will not be unfortunately the last fight of the serie. Unfortunately because everyone expected that battle to be the pinnacle of the serie.

Spoiler

Really disapointing considering unlike everyone else that new character has no build up and seems just to appear out of nowhere in a stupid "oh look that's a super powerfull new guy that's even stronger than what was the most powerfull guy already" trope like in the most stupid mangas.

Edited by Fizanko, 17 February 2012 - 07:02 PM.

bushwhacker2k

bushwhacker2k

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 485 posts

Yes, i agree the end of the Unchained fight was frankly ridiculous. Baki beating Olivia in term of pure strength was making no sense, because the whole point of the Unchained is that his brute strength was superior to Baki's one, and so it should have been Baki's technique that should have allowed him to defeat Olivia, not his muscles.
And that was why he wanted to fight him to prepare himself for the battle against his father that is the top in both strength and technique

Looks like what happened in chapter 285 confirms that Yujiro vs Baki will not be unfortunately the last fight of the serie. Unfortunately because everyone expected that battle to be the pinnacle of the serie.

Spoiler

Really disapointing considering unlike everyone else that new character has no build up and seems just to appear out of nowhere in a stupid "oh look that's a super powerfull new guy that's even stronger than what was the most powerfull guy already" trope like in the most stupid mangas.

Admittedly I'm not up-to-date in Son of Ogre, I took a long break because the updates were really infrequent, but I'd be incredibly surprised if someone actually around Yujiro's level just suddenly showed up- it'd basically tear apart the entire story we've read up to now.

Yeah, after reading the Unchained fight again (third time I believe) I'm coming to the conclusion that the way he won was really low-tech(meaning really simplistic, compared to the insane mythical techniques people pull out so often in Baki). I think he just overcame him by being faster and more aggressive... but even that is just something I have to read into it to even venture a guess. I love Baki, it's probably my favorite series of all time, but I don't buy what happened there.

Five Convicts arc is probably my favorite, where everyone who's strong here is insanely strong and fun stuff is happening all the time.

Fizanko

Fizanko

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 17 posts
Yes, the convicts arc was really great , and one of my favourite too.

I don't understand japanese, but the few i gathered from some people discussions is that apparently the "new" Yujiro-level of strength big character that appeared out of nowhere during Yujiro vs Baki fight is
Spoiler

Anyways, during the battle between Yujiro and Baki, it's like basically in each chapter Yujiro does something amazing (hinting that in fact he could have killed Baki at any time during this fight), i have the feeling that while Baki think it's a real battle, his father is so much beyond in term of strength and technique, that Yujiro is in fact teaching him all he can and playing with him the only way Yujiro knows.
Feeling proud everytime Baki seems to improve during his "teaching"

This "battle" (entertainingly over the top) is how Yujiro is doing his father duty, something he never did since he left Baki nearly dead when he was a kid.

But i continue to wonder why Yujiro killed Baki's mother, maybe i missed it at some point (Baki long saga has so many chapters with the years that i may have missed it), but was the reason explained ?

Edited by Fizanko, 05 March 2012 - 04:12 AM.

Graeystone

Graeystone

Potato

• Members
  • 141 posts
  • LocationNW PA
Fizanko - Its still an unanswered question. That's what I want to know to. Why did Yujiro kill Baki's mother? While Yuijiro comes off a prick most of the time even he has standards. . .kind of.

Posted Image

Power without Love leads to tyranny. Love without Power to protect will fade.

The only absolute thing about absolute techniques is that sooner or later somebody absolutely breaks them.

There are no fan-boys. Just an-girls who don't need a bra and their plumbing is on the outside.

kuroikenshi

kuroikenshi

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 2 posts

But i continue to wonder why Yujiro killed Baki's mother, maybe i missed it at some point (Baki long saga has so many chapters with the years that i may have missed it), but was the reason explained ?

Fizanko - Its still an unanswered question. That's what I want to know to. Why did Yujiro kill Baki's mother? While Yuijiro comes off a prick most of the time even he has standards. . .kind of.

Yujiro killed Baki's mother because when they(ogre and baki) first had their fight when he was a kid, she interfered to protect Baki before Ogre killed him. He still somewhat had respect for her since she broke her wrists/hands on his face and when he boxed her ears... she said, "What was that? You hit like a bitch". He laughed and said that she was good women.

Graeystone

Graeystone

Potato

• Members
  • 141 posts
  • LocationNW PA
Was that shown or is it what Baki said to others? When it comes to stuff like this, sometimes what we are told at first is not the whole story.

Posted Image

Power without Love leads to tyranny. Love without Power to protect will fade.

The only absolute thing about absolute techniques is that sooner or later somebody absolutely breaks them.

There are no fan-boys. Just an-girls who don't need a bra and their plumbing is on the outside.

kuroikenshi

kuroikenshi

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 2 posts

Was that shown or is it what Baki said to others? When it comes to stuff like this, sometimes what we are told at first is not the whole story.

It was like in Book 10 of the original Grappler Baki manga. After Baki had fought Hanayama and the Japanese elite recon force (Gaia). He was doing it so that he could fight Yujiro the first time around. I will see if I can take a picture of it or what not.

Findyanto Putra

Findyanto Putra

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 14 posts
if somehow there a stronger character than yuujiro this gonna lead to be a bad manga (imo)
i like baki series cuz the martial art display is well within somehow still in human boundary and as far as i see yuujiro displaying the zenith of human can achieve and if someone out there suddenly have more power than yuujiro this series will become just like a fantasy martial manga that someone can blast beam from hand etc......

Neobosco

Neobosco

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 17 posts

... Retsu Kaio still hasn't fought with the "100 metres world record holder" yet.

u need read the manga "New Grappler Baki" again, the "100 metres world record holder" is mentally retarded now and retsu know that.

bushwhacker2k

bushwhacker2k

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 485 posts

This was actually really emphasized in the past few chapters I read (before he starts beating the shit out of Baki by slapping him, I mean :P), I was totally shocked at how deeply serious Yujiro was being about etiquette and respect.

u need read the manga "New Grappler Baki" again, the "100 metres world record holder" is mentally retarded now and retsu know that.

I've read all of New Grappler Baki at least three times and I don't have the slightest clue what the hell you're talking about.

Neobosco

Neobosco

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 17 posts

I've read all of New Grappler Baki at least three times and I don't have the slightest clue what the hell you're talking about.

my mistake, i was thinking about dorian. then who's the 100 mtrs world record holder??the man who appears about chapter 235 ?

Edited by Neobosco, 29 April 2012 - 01:20 AM.

bushwhacker2k

bushwhacker2k

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 485 posts

my mistake, i was thinking about dorian. then who's the 100 mtrs world record holder??the man who appears about chapter 235 ?

Are you talking about the original Baki the Grappler? Not New Grappler Baki? Chapter 235 is Yujiro vs. Kaku Kaioh.

If you're talking about the original then I really have no idea, I don't think chapter 235 has ever been translated to English.

Fizanko

Fizanko

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 17 posts
Anyone following the raw from the link in the spoiler i posted in my previous post ?

So for those who do not, quick summary :
Spoiler

Edited by Fizanko, 02 May 2012 - 05:27 PM.

Neobosco

Neobosco

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 17 posts

Are you talking about the original Baki the Grappler? Not New Grappler Baki? Chapter 235 is Yujiro vs. Kaku Kaioh.

If you're talking about the original then I really have no idea, I don't think chapter 235 has ever been translated to English.

i was talking about "Baki - Son Of Ogre" manga, still, i only saw the raws

Edited by Neobosco, 04 May 2012 - 09:25 AM.