Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Yongbi Discussion

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

Ncrdrg

Ncrdrg

Potato Spud

• Contributor
  • 49 posts
The story is now taking a serious turn!
The next chapters are gonna be all about some epic fighting!
Trust me, it's gonna be awesome!

Can't wait to see them out! ^_^

Ralan

Ralan

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 47 posts
i agree

Byob

Byob

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts
any theories on why he needs so much money.

Damn_Skippy

Damn_Skippy

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 12 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in NYC
This series just keep on getting better. He seems to want to either build a kingdom or an army. As he's so stingy otherwise it might just be greed as well.
The truth hurts but sometimes it's damn funny

FattyTuna

FattyTuna

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 10 posts
Chapter 22 the old guy says Yongbi is shouldering the lives of 30000 people so he is probably supporting some like impoverished town in some wasteland or something. The old guy also says that winter is coming so Yongbi is going to need even more money which also goes along with the whole needing money to support some extremely large group of people.

Edited by Tyrannicide, 15 February 2013 - 05:50 AM.

Ncrdrg

Ncrdrg

Potato Spud

• Contributor
  • 49 posts
I also suspect it has roots with Yongbi being an ex-officer of the Black Lancers. He quit a prestigious organization for a reason. Hell, we've only seen two of his Black Lancer techniques so far and it looked like he was about to show a 3rd one which combined his sword and staff. One thing this series does well is keeping its cards close to the chest. We know so little about Yongbi.
Spoiler

FattyTuna

FattyTuna

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 10 posts
Yeah 53 chapters in and we know little about Yongbi other then that he is extremely powerful and is horse is too apparently. That mystery and suspense along with the amazing action scenes always make me read a new Yongbi release immediately.

On to the main point how does everyone else view Yongbi's personality? Is his relaxed and comedic nature just a guise to make people let their guard down or is that just how Yongbi is, an extremely powerful fool? Or is it some type of mixture of the two? Or is there some other reason like he goofs around because he always had to be serious in the black lancers so now that he has a chance to act like a fool he doesn't let it escape. At the very least it seems like he knows how people view him and how that makes them act differently then if he wasn't being foolish.

kienvtm

kienvtm

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 2 posts

I didn't know there is a sequence of this series. Does anyone know where to read it?

xEyekunz08

xEyekunz08

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts

Is the author gonna release the whole background story about yongbi soon?

Yaomo

Yaomo

Baked Potato

• Donator
  • 1,757 posts
  • Locationwathcing you from some place far away

background story is upon us...

i like that old yongbi. ruthless, but doesn't seem cruel.

あっ ちょっと死んじまった

akd3rd

akd3rd

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 6 posts

Just stumbled upon this majestic piece of work earlier this after noon and just finished it now. I love these kind of plots where the MC hides his awesome dark past beneath his clown acts and is actually combat able not some wimpy MC that only relies on his harem.

Born in a fallen noble family, specifically raised for war, and commander of the deadliest cavalry regiment. No wonder the title is "Yongbi the Invincible".