Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Latest Chapter Discussion

spoilers

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

「黑風影」

「黑風影」

Fried Potato

• Contributor
  • 881 posts
  • Location孤單魂隨風蕩
I'm surprise Hunter X Hunter doesn't have a discussion thread yet.
After chapter 332, I'm really looking forward to what's going to happen next!
Its another turning point where anything goes
Will Leorio become chairman? Will the situation turn as bad as Ging predicted? What will Pariston do?
Will Gon be saved? What going on with the Ryodan ?
More importantly, where is the fight between Hisoka and Kuroro/Chrollo?!

Any thoughts or predictions are welcomed here =)

My personal thought was CHEADLE WAS A GIRL????! Leorio's speech was just XD

Supaidaman

Supaidaman

Potato Sprout

• Validating
  • 4 posts
  • LocationBrazil
I think Pariston still has some kind of trick. I doubt that Leorio will be chairmain so easily, but it will be pretty fun to see him in that position xD
About Gon I have no idea what may happen. He will be cured but maybe something might go wrong and affect Killua or Alluka. Let's wait and see.

ValorantX

ValorantX

Baked Potato

• Contributor
  • 1,601 posts
Definetly of the greatest shonen manga of all time.
It's hard to see a situation in thes storyline which Gon isn't saved, though there should be some enormous cost at some point.

"Once you label me you negate me." - Soren Kierkegaard

「黑風影」

「黑風影」

Fried Potato

• Contributor
  • 881 posts
  • Location孤單魂隨風蕩

I think Pariston still has some kind of trick. I doubt that Leorio will be chairmain so easily, but it will be pretty fun to see him in that position xD
About Gon I have no idea what may happen. He will be cured but maybe something might go wrong and affect Killua or Alluka. Let's wait and see.

I agree XD Its fun to have Leorio back in the storyline. A part of me thinks that Leorio might become chairman since Pariston isn't interested in becoming one but to furfill his own desires and boredom. That kind of scary whimsical person usually does the unexpected and thinks of alternative methods on the spot.
I personally believe that 12 zodiacs serve more purpose in the storyline than just voting. The foreshadowing of Jairo (a character mention in Chapter 203-204) may have something to do with this Pariston guy.

Definetly of the greatest shonen manga of all time.
It's hard to see a situation in thes storyline which Gon isn't saved, though there should be some enormous cost at some point.

Hand down my favourite shounen manga of all time =D
I agree with you here, if gon isn't saved then the story wouldn't go anywhere. The entire story focuses on 4 people but mainly linear to Gon's path. I guess the question would be the degree of "normal" that could be reverted. Alluka is probably not going be off the hook with Zoldyck family. But Killua does have another family member that is on his side, Kalluto. If I rememeber correctly the reason why she had entered the Ryoudan was to get her "brother" back.... assuming her "brother" is Alluka if not Killua. That would probably raise the question as to why the Ryoudan?

Its all speculation so far. All we can pretty much do is look forward to next chapter and be amazed at how unpredictable the turn of events can be. Any one have any other speculation they would want to share, feel free to post here =D.

「黑風影」

「黑風影」

Fried Potato

• Contributor
  • 881 posts
  • Location孤單魂隨風蕩
Chapter 334 turn out to end on a unexpected happy note; miraculous recovery of gon and possible touching father and son reunion =)
I really got to hand it to Togashi sensei for pulled another fast one on me again.
I didn't imagine Gon would just bust in through the election doors all happy and joyful.
I would imagine Ging not facing Gon and probably give him a sign to come find me, since gon doesn't like to taking short cuts.
A random funny thought but imagine Ging seeing his son macho long hair form XD
I personally think it was sort of a nice surprise to have a breather joyous moment before all the heavy stuff lays down.

How did everyone feel towards the latest development? Excited with anticipation? Dissapointment? Happy? Angry?
Give a shout out here =D !

Edited by 「黑風影」, 02 February 2012 - 07:45 AM.

ValorantX

ValorantX

Baked Potato

• Contributor
  • 1,601 posts
Ging's meeting with Gon is a lot less dramatic than I thought it would've been looking it from a past perspective..... but Ging can't run away because of the rule that no one can leave the room until the election is finished.

And we don't exactly know if there's a price that Killua might have paid for healing Gon. (I think the rules for Alluka's powers work differently for him or something?)

「黑風影」

「黑風影」

Fried Potato

• Contributor
  • 881 posts
  • Location孤單魂隨風蕩

Ging's meeting with Gon is a lot less dramatic than I thought it would've been looking it from a past perspective..... but Ging can't run away because of the rule that no one can leave the room until the election is finished.

And we don't exactly know if there's a price that Killua might have paid for healing Gon. (I think the rules for Alluka's powers work differently for him or something?)

From my understanding, the rules of Alluka power's is that if its use for healing (good) than there is no cost except she herself gets sleepy. 'it' can potientially take over Alluka entirely so it shouldn't be use anymore. Alluka power still have uncertainties in its full potiential so who knows what side effects would it contain.
I believe Illumi is currently the biggest threat to the situation since Killua nor Alluka came with Gon during the election, we can assume that
I) Killua needs to keep this a secret from Gon/others, leave no trace of involvement, to prevent additional outsider to know of Alluka's power (as part of the agreement)
II) Killua needs to protect Alluka from Illumi and take her away from Zoldyck family

「黑風影」

「黑風影」

Fried Potato

• Contributor
  • 881 posts
  • Location孤單魂隨風蕩
Chapter 335 just came out!
The only thing I have to say about that chapter is........ D'awwwwwwwww.
Even though the reunion was not dramatic, Gon reactions was like a child; when there are too many things jumbled up, crying, apologizing and unable to say things properly but the things that stands out. To me, it felt like a real father and son connection. I think Togashi sensei put his views and experience as a father, since he does have a son.
As for the "slapped again" part, it didn't connect to me until later. Ging was referring to the time where Kaito saved Gon as a little boy and slapped him for being careless back in the first few chapter. I guess when Kaito found Ging, he told him all about Gon and how he was doing.
I love the random hunters that commented on everything that Ging says XD Its hard to see slap stick comedy like that these days XD I vote for having Ging punched by Leorio again!
Gon really seems to be fine after getting healed... maybe the intention is to show how omnipotent Alluka's powers are. I don't even remember, if Killua furfilled any requests from Alluka before healing Gon. .....
Next chapter Killua v.s Illumi ! Will Hisoka intervene again?

veirge

veirge

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 8 posts
Pissed off at where hxh is going right now. Alluka is a Deus Ex Machina. Reviving Gon was enough, i hope she will not be used as another plot device in the series again.

「黑風影」

「黑風影」

Fried Potato

• Contributor
  • 881 posts
  • Location孤單魂隨風蕩

Pissed off at where hxh is going right now. Alluka is a Deus Ex Machina. Reviving Gon was enough, i hope she will not be used as another plot device in the series again.

Thanks for sharing your opinion =)
I understand pretty much why people would be angry at this conclusion; Gon gets healed without conscequence. To be honest, I commend Togashi-sensei for even pulling another gutsy move like this right after Gon's one hit battle with Pitou.
Please keep in mind that, we haven't seen Gon fight yet so we aren't entirely sure if Gon really didn't suffer from any side effects.
I doubt Alluka is going to another plot device for the series since any more uses of her powers (EDIT: Nanika), Nanika would be misused/abused by people around her, Alluka and Nanika are one and Killua is trying to be a good brother for both.. According the the latest chapter 336, Killua has yet to reveal the Nanika 's final rule, so the tables can but turned depending.
I don't believe Alluka was ever a plot device to begin with. From the start of the series they already mention that the Zoldyck has 5 brother and sisters. Togashi sensei probably had this planned from the start but the powers of her existence was never concrete.
Well thats just my humble view of how things are turning out so far.

Edited by 「黑風影」, 17 February 2012 - 01:20 AM.

Neku Sakuraba

Neku Sakuraba

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 56 posts
  • LocationLondon
What the hell? when did Kaito turn into a girl?

What chapter was this?!?!?!?
Posted Image

「黑風影」

「黑風影」

Fried Potato

• Contributor
  • 881 posts
  • Location孤單魂隨風蕩

I believe it was in chapter 215 showed that the King had a twin baby sister, Reina, which was taken custody by Koruto one of the Queen's army commander as Guardian.
In Chapter 316, Koruto was talking over the phone with Morau about the aftermaths of Chimera Ant. Koruto mention that Reina was acting strange and saying that her name wasn't Reina but Kaito. I would assume that Chimera Ants have incredible growth rate speed since she was still a walking child in Chapter 316 compare the current chapter.
(haha XD Ging still found a loop hole and ran away in the end XD)

Incase you are wondering, Yes, I've notice Togashi 's artwork or the recent chapters has gone back to rushed doodles lines.
I would probably expect, the artwork would be more up to par in the published series volume.
I guess releasing weekly is still a big challenge for him after his recovery.
He is pushing himself to draw weekly for the people that are suffering from the aftermath of Japan's earthquake.

If anyone else read the recent chapter, have any thoughts, questions or complains, please feel free to comment here =D

Edited by 「黑風影」, 23 February 2012 - 06:46 AM.

Supaidaman

Supaidaman

Potato Sprout

• Validating
  • 4 posts
  • LocationBrazil
I hope he fixes the drawings at least a bit when the tankobon is released (something that is not happening soon, I know).

Even so, this chapter was interesting. Nice to see Gon and Kaito. But, for me, I think that leaving Kaito dead would be a better option. Let's see what will come out next chapter since I can never predict what Togashi is gonna do.

ValorantX

ValorantX

Baked Potato

• Contributor
  • 1,601 posts

I believe it was in chapter 215 showed that the King had a twin baby sister, Reina, which was taken custody by Koruto one of the Queen's army commander as Guardian.
In Chapter 316, Koruto was talking over the phone with Morau about the aftermaths of Chimera Ant. Koruto mention that Reina was acting strange and saying that her name wasn't Reina but Kaito. I would assume that Chimera Ants have incredible growth rate speed since she was still a walking child in Chapter 316 compare the current chapter.

hmm I still don't understand, so what's the relationship between Reina and Kaito. 0_o

Supaidaman

Supaidaman

Potato Sprout

• Validating
  • 4 posts
  • LocationBrazil

hmm I still don't understand, so what's the relationship between Reina and Kaito. 0_o

Reina is Kaito reborn as a Chimera Ant.

「黑風影」

「黑風影」

Fried Potato

• Contributor
  • 881 posts
  • Location孤單魂隨風蕩

Reina is Kaito reborn as a Chimera Ant.

Chimera Ants evolved by food source. Some chimera ants awaken to their previous human memories depending how strong the will of the human. In the case of Kaitou, his body was not fed to the king or queen but made into a puppet or that they ate a bit of him and Pitou just repaired it afterwards. As ViniciiusLC had said, Kaitou was reborn as Reina is most likely due to his power mention by Ging. His crazy pierrot roulette weapon activated the mod of "How could I die like this?!" as a last resort to save its master. Since the body has turn into a living dead puppet without soul, the ability probably transferred Kaitou's conscious onto Reina.

Edited by 「黑風影」, 25 February 2012 - 08:49 PM.

「黑風影」

「黑風影」

Fried Potato

• Contributor
  • 881 posts
  • Location孤單魂隨風蕩
This week, we have chapter 338 of HxH. I've been a fan of Hunter X Hunter for many years and ..... frankly I'm actually a little dissapointed this the recent chapter =\
The transition between chapter 336 to chapter 337 to this chapter... was... simply non existent. What happen to Leorio after Gon went to see Kaitou? How the hell did Killua meet up with Gon again? It just felt like there was big gap as if I missed a chapter or two.
I literally had second thoughts, if this was a fake Hunter X Hunter chapter or the recent chapters were simiply not done by Togashi.

I do think that the reason being for this is the JUMP pushing Togashi for releases again. Yu Yu Hakusho anyone?
Everything was rushed, except for when Gon and Ging had their conversation; it was well delivered and reverted back to Togashi's standard pacing.
I can assume that this conversation was planned out by Togashi from the beginning. Given the time, I felt that the connection from the present state of affairs and this point (Gon and Ging's conversation) was not thought out as well as he'd hope for.
I would rather have Hunter X Hunter chapters to be released Bi-weekly or even monthly, just for Togashi to be given the time to plan and draw(be on his top game). Its a waste to see such good series and plot be turn into a mess just because of the deadlines.
I'm really hoping that the tankobon releases would be more refined.... but thats not any time soon....
These are my own person feelings on this matter though. Did anyone else shared similar feelings?

On the brighter side of things... now everyone had gone seperate ways, Gon's goal to meet/talk to his father has been reached, and a new adventure has been unlocked. What are your thoughts and opinions??

Edited by 「黑風影」, 02 March 2012 - 05:04 AM.

「黑風影」

「黑風影」

Fried Potato

• Contributor
  • 881 posts
  • Location孤單魂隨風蕩
I guess chapter 339 marks the true end of the Ant Arc.
Also chapter 339 seems to be a solid chapter artwork wise =)
While reading this chapter, I really panicked because it felt like the series was going to end it there.
I'm glad Hunter X Hunter is still continuing. Looking forward to the unexpected SHOCKING NEW ARC!
More on the zodiacs!
I seriously can't begin to predict how Hunter X Hunter will develop into.
I'm probably going to sit back and watch Togashi work his magic.

Like always, any comments feel free to discuss here =)

Edited by 「黑風影」, 08 March 2012 - 02:32 AM.

Draconis381

Draconis381

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 4 posts
The whole, "yah the whole'known world' is only a tiny part of the real world" concept leaves me sensing that there will be some sort of time skip coming up. Probally not by the next chapter, but soon. Probally skip a few years and be at the point where Ging has met all the requirements to leave and explore the rest of the world. Gon & friends will struggle to try and prove they're qualified to acompany him, and either succeed and set out with him, or fail and Gon will start putting together his own expedition. Said expidition members would likely consist of many of the Hunters they have encountered, plus a few new faces.

Xuitus

Xuitus

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts
Im still kinda nostalgic about Gon's transformation during the ant arc, even if it more then pretty much killed. Wasn't it a forced time skip to give him a body he would obtain in the future? meaning one day he would become that strong naturally with time? Also, ya 339 scared me that it might be the end of the series, glad it isn't :)