Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Latest Chapter Discussion [SPOILER!]

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

p3pe

p3pe

Russet Potato

• Contributor
  • 389 posts
  • LocationChurabhaya
Since nobody post in this awesome manga, I'll start this.

Spoiler

Now, what do you think will happen next? Aside from Ian-Jeremy relationship from now, What I wonder s, will he (or the police) ever find Sharon's body and how he'll react...

Waah... I can't wait to read the next chapter!

My avatar is taken from this pixiv user: http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=35996065 ♥

inzaratha

inzaratha

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 501 posts
  • LocationArizona (or somewhere in the forest riding a unicorn)
It is getting really good, in these last couple of chapters there are a lot of developments and of course Ian is in major denial, I want to see what he will be like when he finds out his father is really a serial rapist etc.
Yes Sandra was a bad mother anyway, having her 10 year old son be the adult and have to save her when she tried to suicide and being so weak that her son has to try to do everything and let anything happen to him just so his mom won't lose it. so sad.
Really well written story.

inzaratha

inzaratha

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 501 posts
Poor Jeremy, he is still getting targeted.

truepurple

truepurple

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,461 posts
I get the feeling like Ian is trying to help Jeremy somehow with this, yet it doesn't make any kind of sense. This won't help him at all, its going to hurt Jeremy, Ian, and Ians girlfriend. And if it isn't to help Jeremy, then why would Ian do this? It makes even less sense then. I think I will stop reading this soon with such a absurd new development.

Edited by truepurple, 16 June 2012 - 08:54 AM.

inzaratha

inzaratha

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 501 posts
Spoiler

That was just wrong of Ian. Jeremy is trying to talk about his problems with someone he trusts and Ian destroys that.... and Ian shouldn't have crossed that line with Jeremy either, I think it sort of just happened but Ian keeps making big mistakes.

Edited by inzaratha, 19 June 2012 - 07:44 AM.

truepurple

truepurple

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,461 posts
But how could it possibly "just sort of happen"? Unless suddenly Ian is having homosexual urges or something, I mean it does seem in this comic, that there is a unreasonable percentage of the population that are homosexual. Well at least with Ian it makes sense since his father was like that and there is some evidence to show that it is at least partially genetics. But Ian has a happy sexually fulfilling relationship with his girlfriend the way it was shown, so "just happen"? PAALLLEEZ. (as in, yeah right, or, give me a break)

Jeremy thinks that everyone wants sex from him, especially males (and in-universe, this seems to be the case very often) Now Ian, the one person he could presumably trust with his woes and with pressing the border like a rebellious child without breaking it, well that border broke.

Not to mention Jeremy was under the influence of a drug and emotionally stinging from being used for sex yet again, and Ian couldn't help but know this or be a complete and utter idiot.

Just like it took so many chapters for the murder to happen to drag out the comic, author seemed to throw this in for yet another "when will the big blow up happen" type of thing, another forced artificial way to keep the audience hanging on. I think cutting down the angst and playing it more mildly with more every day life stuff, mixed in with eccentric characters, could have easily worked, this was unnecessary. This was the reason I skipped around till I found the chapter of the murder, and now a reason to skip the whole comic as the pattern is showing that this type of forced heavy angst stuff will never end.

Edited by truepurple, 19 June 2012 - 08:50 AM.

inzaratha

inzaratha

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 501 posts
I guess I worded it wrong, I think that Ian got feelings for Jeremy because of wanting to help him, but that became really warped.

I completely disagree with you about the treatment of the heavy angst though, the indepth psychological portrait of what happens to a person who has been raped and abused without glossing it over is what makes this manga so great. A person who is suffering from ptsd insn't going to just have a regular mild daily life....

Anyways, So in the latest chapter, 68 Ian is making Jeremy tell him all the details of his abuse and he is making Jeremy bring this stuff up while having no idea of how to help him. Geez Ian is so bad for Jeremy to be around.

truepurple

truepurple

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,461 posts

I completely disagree with you about the treatment of the heavy angst though, the indepth psychological portrait of what happens to a person who has been raped and abused without glossing it over is what makes this manga so great. A person who is suffering from ptsd insn't going to just have a regular mild daily life....

Ian wasn't raped and abused AFAIK. It was Ians actions that added drama for the sake of drama aka angst, to the storyline. Ians actions don't make sense in the storyline, instead only make sense as authors way to increase angst and cliffhanger. It's the very  visible hand of the author god in the story line.