Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Latest Chapter & Method Discussion

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Poll: What will you do? (23 member(s) have cast votes)

Will you try to pass and not actively participate to win?

1. Yes, I will stay in my room and try to pass. (13 votes [56.52%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 56.52%

2. No, I will actively try to win. (10 votes [43.48%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 43.48%

How will you win?

1. Verbal harassment (e.g. insults, privacy invasion, probing weak points) (11 votes [33.33%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 33.33%

2. Environment harassment (e.g. lights, sounds, tv shows, amenties) (9 votes [27.27%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 27.27%

3. Social harassment (e.g. peer pressure/out casting) (13 votes [39.39%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 39.39%

Vote Guests cannot vote

Hellion Twins

Hellion Twins

Fried Potato

• Donator
  • 731 posts
  • LocationKeeling over
It's really not that hard to pass.

All you have to do is lock yourself in your room with the food (since everyone got it from the first round) not open the door and stay till the next die game and repeat. There is water in the bathroom after all and all rooms are sound proofed. Keep the lights on and the officials will keep watching for the violence. If anything, its the physical violence that really brings it home in this situation.

Mental attacks only take effect if you don't shut everyone out. Sleep is soothing and ten days will pass by easily. Anyone who has been bullied badly by verbal and social abuse will understand.

However, to win the amount of money you want, there is no sure way that this will be successful.

For me, I would sleep mainly and try to keep everyone out. The only time I will interact is during the die game meet (quick popping by of the other game rooms) or if the situation is still tentative, the group meetings. I'm someone who follows the flow so I'd keep doing that till the 7th or 8th day. I'm not particularly interested in the money but since everyone in the game is supposed to have a reason for wanting money, this is the time I'd start trying to actively win.

So instead of a usual latest chapter discussion, everyone let me know how you want to pass/win this game! :batoto_024:

tumblr_mespwcUZxx1rxs3wso1_400.gif

Manga Recommendation: 21/04/14

Spoiler

A gift from Maia Obanee

Obsolete

Obsolete

Fingerling Potato

• Donator
  • 89 posts
  • LocationA Butt Crack
Gotta say. Pages 24 through 26 of Chapter six showed a glimpse of genius.

It's been a little too often that I've seen manga where a big reveal is on the same set of pages or even on the same page. By avoiding that, the mangaka made those three pages hit so hard.

Senjosama

Senjosama

Fingerling Potato

• Contributor
  • 74 posts
  • LocationAustralia
Unless you make friends, it's going to be very difficult if you lose your sense of touch or sight. I find the senses losing the most interesting, though I do find it unbelievable that so many people can get sixes so much. The dice has to be rigged considering it's decimating certain characters and giving its blessings to the others. :P

I'd personally try and make friends over try and kill anyone.

3 Legged Fox

3 Legged Fox

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 9 posts
  • LocationGreece
I agree with 悪魔双子 Devil Shota Twins. But being alone for 10 days, without any interact with other people might be a little too exhausting for the soul of the person. If I had something to pass time with it'd be great (music, TV, books, Video-games if possible, etc.) That's my opinion anyway.

DualPrinciple

DualPrinciple

Potato

• Members
  • 128 posts
Being alone for 10 days would be hard even for me, mind you. And I'm good at being alone, at that. Well, just like Pagreek above me said, if I had something to pass my time with... no problemo. Zombifying over one activity would finally be useful for once in my life. Otherwise, straight to advanced verbal harassment mode. I've been bullied verbally and to some extent physically (although I guess it could have been way worse) so I know some ways to deflect incoming insults pretty well - and how to inflict nasty blows as well.

Never forget where you came from; never stop moving onwards. The future is ours for the taking.
What is the difference between a MAN and a SLAVE? The man chooses, the slave obeys.
A wise one knows truth lies in the middle - as all the Opposites are unified unto One.
There is a system in chaos, just as light shines at it's brightest in the dark.

whatcolor_iswhite.jpg
whatcolor_isblack.jpg

whatcolor_isred.jpg

Hellion Twins

Hellion Twins

Fried Potato

• Donator
  • 731 posts
  • LocationKeeling over
I can deal with no interaction by sleeping. Used to do it for days. It's really not that bad if you find something to think about. Or practice mental multiplication and stuff of the like. But its true. It'd be best if there's something to actually do. There's an entertainment room I remember. Maybe make a trip there before going to the room.

Meanwhile, it looks like the game is targeting players that have revealed their weaknesses one way or another.
Also, requiring friends when losing touch or sight might be something you can do on your own too. Afterall you have a caretaker.

tumblr_mespwcUZxx1rxs3wso1_400.gif

Manga Recommendation: 21/04/14

Spoiler

A gift from Maia Obanee

AleranChampion

AleranChampion

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 3 posts

Unless you make friends, it's going to be very difficult if you lose your sense of touch or sight. I find the senses losing the most interesting, though I do find it unbelievable that so many people can get sixes so much. The dice has to be rigged considering it's decimating certain characters and giving its blessings to the others. :P

I'd personally try and make friends over try and kill anyone.

Being alone for 10 days would be hard even for me, mind you. And I'm good at being alone, at that. Well, just like Pagreek above me said, if I had something to pass my time with... no problemo. Zombifying over one activity would finally be useful for once in my life. Otherwise, straight to advanced verbal harassment mode. I've been bullied verbally and to some extent physically (although I guess it could have been way worse) so I know some ways to deflect incoming insults pretty well - and how to inflict nasty blows as well.

As long as you have an active mind, even if you lose some of your senses, that can work to your advantage, considering you aren't allowed to to manually block them yourself. For instance:
Sight: You don't see people looking at you, nor what they do to you, so why worry?
Sound: Any verbal abuse dished out is only as effective as you want it, that is, not at all.
Taste: Anything you want to say must be written, therefore, you have more time to think about what you want communicated, making it perhaps more effective.
Touch: even though you can't lift a finger, you have an assistant to help with basic needs. you can't do much beyond communicating, so why worry about it?
Scent: Bad food tastes better...? Pretty much a moot point.
If anyone has something to add, feel free.

Antalius

Antalius

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 492 posts
  • LocationLimbo
I too think the loss of senses is an interesting feature of this manga. The main factors to counter it imo are sheer willpower and telling the least about u possible, true anyway.
Probably was stated before, it also seems that most of the people chosen for the "show" were deeply disturbed ones. The game also resembles a bit the Milgram experiment, consisting of people doing things and making decisions contrary to their beliefs because of the influence the ambient had on them trying desperately to fit the role they were assigned (the main characters turning into psychological predators on each other because of the instructors.(bit off topic :P)
"It's not who you are underneath, it's what you do that defines you" - Batman begins