Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Guardian discussion

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

dark.chii

dark.chii

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 75 posts
I've been keeping this to myself, but lately ... I've been beginning to question some Vongola guardians.

I can't understand why Lambo is a guardian. It doesn't matter how strong he is, there's no way he can fight an adult on equal ground, because he's a kid. The first chapters were ok, the idea of him using the ten years bazooka a couple times was cool, but it's annoying if he uses it all the time.
The recent arc made it even more obvious that he just can't be a guardian: because he's not even a representative!

Next is Chrome. No matter how much I adore Chrome, nothing can justify her uselessness. It's just frustrating to see that she can't do a thing alone and is constantly being bullied by some weird grown men (yes, grown men molesting a young girl). She could never defeat anyone without Mukuro's help. There are some people who say that her illusions are first-class, but seriously, every illusionist so far was first-class. Even worse, TYL Chrome with Ken's and Chikusa's help couldn't get Mukuro out of prison, while Fran could do it alone (?) with ease. If Amano wants to portray her as strong, then let her defeat some opponents by herself. Seeing that this is not the case, I really wonder if Amano hates her or wants to use her as a damsel in distress (at which I'd be really pissed off).

And Hibari. That guy has no personality (or it is so complex that I don't understand him). Ever since he was introduced, he only wanted to fight the strong (or those who annoy him). During the Inheritance arc, he actually helped Tsuna. I liked that he actually changed a little, but seeing him this talkative was ... creepy and out of character, because the Hibari I know didn't talk much. My point? Hibari needs some character growth, but with the way he was introduced and portrayed, this will be very hard to accomplish without him being out of character.

DavisWTG

DavisWTG

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 7 posts

I can't understand why Lambo is a guardian. It doesn't matter how strong he is, there's no way he can fight an adult on equal ground, because he's a kid. The first chapters were ok, the idea of him using the ten years bazooka a couple times was cool, but it's annoying if he uses it all the time.
The recent arc made it even more obvious that he just can't be a guardian: because he's not even a representative!
Well, him not being a representative doesn't have to say anything about that matter, but I still think that you're right about him. I mean, it's not only that he can't fight with an adult at equal ground when he is a kid, he also gets into the way on other occasions. For example, if he'd been a representative, I think he'd most likely remember that he is actually there to kill Reborn, which would actually be a problem for the team... at least if he's smart enough to use one of his strong techniques. In my opinion, it's simply the attitude that comes with his age that makes him useless for the team. But then again, just look what Iemitsu said when Lambo had his fight against Levi: Iemitsu actually did a gamble wether Lambo would be worth it, so it actually doesn't really surprise me that this one does backfire quite a lot currently.

Next is Chrome. No matter how much I adore Chrome, nothing can justify her uselessness. It's just frustrating to see that she can't do a thing alone and is constantly being bullied by some weird grown men (yes, grown men molesting a young girl). She could never defeat anyone without Mukuro's help. There are some people who say that her illusions are first-class, but seriously, every illusionist so far was first-class. Even worse, TYL Chrome with Ken's and Chikusa's help couldn't get Mukuro out of prison, while Fran could do it alone (?) with ease. If Amano wants to portray her as strong, then let her defeat some opponents by herself. Seeing that this is not the case, I really wonder if Amano hates her or wants to use her as a damsel in distress (at which I'd be really pissed off).
It's not just Chrome, but rather most of the female characters that are useless. Look at what role Bianchi and Lal Mirch had in the beginning, and then look at them a bit later. Alright, we don't know what Lal Mirch is fully capable of in the present, but still... So with things as they are right now, she really will be that damsel in distress.

And Hibari. That guy has no personality (or it is so complex that I don't understand him). Ever since he was introduced, he only wanted to fight the strong (or those who annoy him). During the Inheritance arc, he actually helped Tsuna. I liked that he actually changed a little, but seeing him this talkative was ... creepy and out of character, because the Hibari I know didn't talk much. My point? Hibari needs some character growth, but with the way he was introduced and portrayed, this will be very hard to accomplish without him being out of character.
It's not complex, he just doesn't really have a personality. But then again, he most likely only helped Tsuna in the Inheritance Ceremony Arc because Enma basically crushed him and the other ones at the beginning of the arc, so it wouldn't surprise me if it was only his kind of... you know, revenge. Hibari doesn't let such things slip at all. Basically, he was fine the way he was in the future, but the Hibari of the present is just someone to increase the ratings of the manga, seeing as he is one of the favorite characters of the fans, together with Tsuna and Mukuro.

Though, I recently worry about Ryohei's role. I mean, the way he is portrayed right now... he doesn't really get too much spotlight recently. In the previous arc, he disappeared for a bit more than 30 chapters, since he got that stupid tie in the first fight, which is the reason why he didn't get any development or something along these lines at that time... and as soon as he returns, he utterly fails in the first match again, making him unable to continue any further, so that he could only be used as comic relief in the current arc. I mean, sure, after Lambo he is the weakest guardian, but that's just ridiculous. I mean, he'd fit as a guardian even though he's a bit stupid, but Amano doesn't really seem to like him when it comes to that. So, basically the only persons who are actually worthy of being in the 10th generation are Yamamoto and Gokudera, also Ryohei if he gets better results. I don't really think that Tsuna actually fits into the 10th generation, though... the differences between him in HDWM and his normal state are just too big.

Thunder Wolf

Thunder Wolf

Fried Potato

• Retired Mods
  • 656 posts
  • LocationDiscord
Worry not, for I am here to explain!

Lambo is a guardian as he's the reincarnation/spitting image of the original Vongola guardian of thunder, Lampo. The same goes for all the others. But back to Lambo. Lambo is worthy of it as he's won important battles, just like everyone else. Just look at the Inheritance Ceremony Arc. Tsuna still has his whole life ahead of him to be leader, so eventually, Lambo will be old enough to legitimately help.
Oh, and I agree with not letting Lambo be a representative. But then again, I thought having Ryouhei as a choice was pretty bad. They're just not suited to a game of defending a watch. Ryouhei is more suited to straight forward fights and taking excessive damage (which is the exact opposite of what you need in the watch battles). Lambo is more suited as a tank. The limited mobility his powers grant is also terrible for a watch battle.

As for Chrome, she hasn't figured out how to use her powers properly yet. She's still learning. Remember, she's missing most of her organs. First she needs to get the hang of using her own powers, instead of Mukuro's. She has a huge handicap compared to the others, especially when you consider she only developed her own powers because of meeting Mukuro.
The reason Fran can do all that amazing stuff is because he's the uber-illusionist. He's supposed to be a prodigy who is so unparalleled, that both Mukuro and the Varia rushed to try and claim him. Also, that was in the Future Final Battle Arc, where everyone from the future is OP and ridiculous.

Maybe it's just me, but I always thought Hibari had a rather easy to figure out personality. He's a person who finds joy in battle. He has what's called Blood Lust. He also seems to somewhat favor the Vongola, despite his claims of hating them. I mean, if you just look at Hibari's actions, and ignore his words, you might get a clearer picture of who he is. He does, however, need to slowly mature until he becomes like Alaude, the first cloud guardian.

In reality, all of their places as guardians are almost destined. It could be theorized that they are all reincarnations of the first generation Vongola. They all look identical to and have similar personalities to the first generation Vongola. They're not the guardians because they are currently the most suited, but because they are destined to be the best Vongola guardians eventually. xD
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

P.S. Chrome isn't a guardian, she's just a stand in. Let's hope there's a focus on her where she earns her place as the sole guardian and they kick Mukuro out.

Hoped that helepd!

Edited by Thunder Wolf, 12 January 2012 - 06:02 PM.

2z50p6t.png

dark.chii

dark.chii

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 75 posts

I think he'd most likely remember that he is actually there to kill Reborn, which would actually be a problem for the team...

Reborn's (the manga, not person) main theme is all about friendship. The Vongola is all about family and friendship. So I doubt that Lambo will 'remember' his goal of killing Reborn - because he already dropped it. Same with Bianchi. She had plenty of opportunities to kill Tsuna, but didn't, because Lambo and her already belong to the Vongola. And they don't betray each other and stick together. Stressed by TYL Xanxus, who implied/said that their bonds/friendship/whatever is their strength.

It's not just Chrome, but rather most of the female characters that are useless. Look at what role Bianchi and Lal Mirch had in the beginning, and then look at them a bit later.

I'm aware that females in general are rather weak, but Chrome is in a different position than Bianchi or Lal, because she's a main character. Bianchi and Lal only fought a handful battles, some of which they've won, but Chrome, who has fought more than either of them, never defeated anyone alone without help.

But then again, he most likely only helped Tsuna in the Inheritance Ceremony Arc because Enma basically crushed him and the other ones at the beginning of the arc, so it wouldn't surprise me if it was only his kind of... you know, revenge. Hibari doesn't let such things slip at all.

Meh, I don't think he cares much for the others getting owned or not, because he's that egoistic. Most likely he helped him because he didn't want Tsuna to be down. But not because he's kindhearted, but because he knows very well that Tsuna can and will become stronger. As long as he stays depressed, he won't be in any condition to fight and even less capable of becoming stronger, so Hibari won't be able to fight him. And Hibari who enjoys fighting strong people doesn't want to lose such an opportunity.

About Ryohei, unfortunately, you're probably right. Being dependent on fan ratings, I don't see any way for less popular characters to have some epic battles or some development.

And Thunder Wolf, thank you very much for your explanations! I guess that's one way to see it. It all makes sense now!

Edited by dark.chii, 12 January 2012 - 09:30 PM.