Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

[News]Tena on S String ch28

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

Souldrake

Souldrake

Russet Potato

• Contributor
  • 275 posts
Ever wonder what the heck an S string is supposed to be anyway? Well, this chapter will answer that question for you. And what is it about Kokyuu who is Kyosuke's.... grandma?! We haven't forgotten or dropped Tena-chan in the cold!

The 28th Movement:

Scanned
Translated
Proofread in progress
Pre-editing cleaning
Editing (Before 1/20 if possible, from krytyk)
Q/C
Q/C Fixes

I would also like to emphasize that we really do need an editor's assistant for Krytyk and at least one proofreader who can be around a lot to proofread just about all our projects as Da Manta Ray and Spot are busy. Please, please, e-mail [email protected] if you can help out. We did have a few people ready to hire for proofreading, but they disappeared on us before they even got into our channel.

The Editor's assistant position is a pretty easy, basic job that anyone can do while learning how to edit if they so desire. All you would have to do for Krytyk is do some rotation, perhaps some leveling, and run a script Krytyk wrote for photoshop specifically for Tena. It is not exciting work, for sure, but it can be time consuming and it would help krytyk out loads if someone is willing.

Edited by Souldrake, 17 January 2012 - 04:16 PM.

Souldrake
Manga-Heaven Co-Founder and Translator [Retired]

ValorantX

ValorantX

Baked Potato

• Contributor
  • 1,601 posts
Doesn't S-String just stand for Soul String? I think I read that somewhere and it's simple to get.

"Once you label me you negate me." - Soren Kierkegaard

Souldrake

Souldrake

Russet Potato

• Contributor
  • 275 posts
Not exactly, no.

Souldrake

soranokira

soranokira

Fried Potato

• Contributor
  • 687 posts
my only issue is I don't even know how to use photoshop >.<
and yay for update on its progress~
Posted Image
Favorite Manga: Record of Fallen Vampire, Hayate the Combat Butler, Kekkaishi
Main reason: Akabara Strauss and plot/story flow, Tennousu Athena arc/Katsura Hinagiku, Kidoin Nura and story flow

Matapasiones

Matapasiones

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 2 posts
Again, thanks for working on these chapters, you guys are cool.

Doesn't S-String just stand for Soul String? I think I read that somewhere and it's simple to get.

Don't know if it stands for what you said, and it's logical. My theory from the origin of the name, is that it probably came from the "air on the g string", a famous musical piece from J. S. Bach, from one of his orchestral suites. I will leave a Youtube video of the piece. In the comments section has some interesting info of the piece, and the name "on the g string" came because some violinist do an arrangement to play it with piano, and the melody was only played in the g string of his violin.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E2j-frfK-yg

But no clue for the S on S-string. Hope you like the info ;D (PD: sorry for my english.)

Souldrake

Souldrake

Russet Potato

• Contributor
  • 275 posts
An update not really worth mentioning for the most part, but ch 28 is progressing and there is a small possibility for a double release. I also changed the picture to a fresh scan of volume 7 which will begin with ch30.

Souldrake

JoveusMolai

JoveusMolai

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 16 posts
It's here! :D Many thanks to team Manga Heaven.

(Admittedly, the watermark was a bit intrusive...but if this is what we must do to overcome mangafox, then I'll bear it gladly.)

Gypsy-dono

Gypsy-dono

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 11 posts
  • LocationCheck your moms house >.>
i have a question about proof reading, is knowing the language of the manga required? i would love to help but all i know is english and some spanish. like say the language of the original manga is japanese, would i be required to know japanese in order to proof read it and make sure there aren't any problems concerning grammar? sorry if this is a really obvious answer type of question but i have never done anything related to manga editting, so if possible i hope to get an answer.
Posted Image

LoL ign: GypsyReborn
Gunbound International ign: GypsyReborn

Souldrake

Souldrake

Russet Potato

• Contributor
  • 275 posts
No, you don't need to know any Japanese to proofread. We are currently OK on proofreaders though what we really need now are editors.

Souldrake

Gypsy-dono

Gypsy-dono

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 11 posts
  • LocationCheck your moms house >.>

No, you don't need to know any Japanese to proofread. We are currently OK on proofreaders though what we really need now are editors.

okay thank you for answering my question. if you ever need help in the proof reading department i'll send in an application at anytime.

also im sorry im not of much help concerning editing.

Edited by GypsyReborn, 04 March 2012 - 03:16 PM.

Posted Image

LoL ign: GypsyReborn
Gunbound International ign: GypsyReborn

Souldrake

Souldrake

Russet Potato

• Contributor
  • 275 posts
Regarding the watermarks--

We didn't originally intend for it to take so long. I poked krytyk about it a few times and he was just busy and such in RL that he forgot to upload them. He did last night, but I had connectivity issues with our FTP and got it downloaded this morning.

Hopefully it won't take quite this long next time.

Souldrake