Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

BL?

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

Atsushi

Atsushi

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 50 posts
Is it just me or is there BL context? Like when Ivan pushed Gyan down or Luchino told him to work in brothel. Ehm? >.<
But I, being poor, have only my dreams;
I have spread my dreams under your feet;
Tread softly because you tread on my dreams

Buttock Follicle

Buttock Follicle

Couch Potato

• Contributor
  • 2,433 posts
  • Locationfuttocking away~
You say that like there's something wrong with it >_>

Mokata

Mokata

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 72 posts
  • Locationshin makoku
what is BL

Buttock Follicle

Buttock Follicle

Couch Potato

• Contributor
  • 2,433 posts
BL is short for Boy's Love which includes yaoi and shounen ai.

Atsushi

Atsushi

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 50 posts

You say that like there's something wrong with it >_>

nothing wrong with it. I love it. :)
But I, being poor, have only my dreams;
I have spread my dreams under your feet;
Tread softly because you tread on my dreams

Zevm

Zevm

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 8 posts
  • LocationKobe
Definitely BL undertones/context, I think it's probably it's just for humor and when Ivan is seriously pissed. This would be a VERY different kind of prison story if that were the case, and for any of you looking to read something like that, I'd recommend Under Grand Hotel (though that's pretty hardcore both in content and plot line). Anyway, I always find it hilarious and enjoyable when the author uses it to mess around with the other members.

Also Mokata, how can you not know what BL is when you're profile image is from Kyou Kara Maoh, a series that constantly borders on being BL?

Oh yeah also, this is a question more directed Kishuke but if anyone else can give an answer than feel free to; I've noticed a definite lack of series on Batoto that are yaoi (okay, understandable) as well as shonen-ai versus the overwhelming number of ecchi series and even shoujo-ai. For yaoi, all I know of on Batoto is Yunatama,Sweet Blood, Acid Town. As for Shonen-ai, there's mainly one's that border like Coda, Kyou Kara Maoh, and Crimson Cross. There's probably a number that I'm missing but that in turn speaks to how difficult it is to search for series by genre on this site...sighhhhh, I suppose my question is, is there a particular reason why Batoto doesn't carry many of these series?
"All right, let me say now that with your history of drug abuse, it WAS CONCEIVABLE that you could produce a child with no head..."-Transmetropolitan

Seikah

Seikah

Potato

• Donator
  • 167 posts
Ivan is tsundere. Childhood friend is deredere. Mad dog is yandere. Playboy is aggressive seme. It's like a dating sim, in prison! (BAD END when you choose to pick up the soap in the shower.)

Writer is definitely a female. Or a guy that likes all of his cast gay for each other.

Not that there's anything wrong with any of this.

crazy dog

crazy dog

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 221 posts
  • LocationUSA

Ivan is tsundere. Childhood friend is deredere. Mad dog is yandere. Playboy is aggressive seme. It's like a dating sim, in prison! (BAD END when you choose to pick up the soap in the shower.)

Writer is definitely a female. Or a guy that likes all of his cast gay for each other.

Not that there's anything wrong with any of this.

about the soup , i think u shouldnt pick it up in any prison period lol

IcySora

IcySora

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 11 posts

Ivan is tsundere. Childhood friend is deredere. Mad dog is yandere. Playboy is aggressive seme. It's like a dating sim, in prison! (BAD END when you choose to pick up the soap in the shower.) Writer is definitely a female. Or a guy that likes all of his cast gay for each other. Not that there's anything wrong with any of this.

I definitely agree. If it was dating sim, I'd pick up Giulio as a route. Ang Gian as my character. :batoto_008:
I'm not into BL but if I've taken a liking towards the character, I guess it would be fine? IDK, I haven't engaged myself in any yaoi and shounen-ai mangas.

Posted Image

Rasdra

Rasdra

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • LocationHere and there
It has a josei genre in the official listings so the attractive main characters is both fanservice and in keeping with the game. I hope the BL stays as a comedy undertone only because I think it could ruin the story thats developing, I guess it depends on how true to the light novel and the game it stays. Apparently its quite heavy on the BL in the game.

「黑風影」

「黑風影」

Fried Potato

• Contributor
  • 881 posts
  • Location孤單魂隨風蕩
Just to let you guys know your sensors aren't off. This manga is based off the visual novel game Luckydog1 http://vndb.org/v1564
Also there is this egg hatching mini game called Gian egg if anyone is interested.
http://egg.woga.co.jp/

Buttock Follicle

Buttock Follicle

Couch Potato

• Contributor
  • 2,433 posts

Oh yeah also, this is a question more directed Kishuke but if anyone else can give an answer than feel free to; I've noticed a definite lack of series on Batoto that are yaoi (okay, understandable) as well as shonen-ai versus the overwhelming number of ecchi series and even shoujo-ai. For yaoi, all I know of on Batoto is Yunatama,Sweet Blood, Acid Town. As for Shonen-ai, there's mainly one's that border like Coda, Kyou Kara Maoh, and Crimson Cross. There's probably a number that I'm missing but that in turn speaks to how difficult it is to search for series by genre on this site...sighhhhh, I suppose my question is, is there a particular reason why Batoto doesn't carry many of these series?

Ignore the offtopicness and late reply, and here is your answer:

Virtually no one uploads BL here, atm it's pretty much only me :'( if you have anything you particularly want uploaded, and as long as it isn't hardcore, you can PM me and I'll upload it :)

So yeah, none of the uploaders particularly like BL except for me d:

thanks for the egg game link kuro! :D

「黑風影」

「黑風影」

Fried Potato

• Contributor
  • 881 posts
  • Location孤單魂隨風蕩
@ Zevm: Like ⊂( ̄┏Д┓ ̄°*)⊃ have said, I do think its because most yaoi contain some hardcore images that doesnt' go well with batoto's policy. I did upload one shounen ai, Koori no Mamono no Monogatari and probably upload another one soon.

Anytime mustache sakii ;)

Katzen

Katzen

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 937 posts
to be honest i'd be pretty disappointed if the BL increases. don't get me wrong, i have nothing against BL but...the story is pretty cool right now :)

яαιηвσω яσ¢кѕ ヾ(◍’౪`◍)ノ゙| SlhbZiq.gif

Lustful

Lustful

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 606 posts
I don't really care about this, at least , as long as the story keep being interesting.

Mookyul

Mookyul

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts
i wonder does any one know where i could read kyou karu maoh vol 4 in english?
I'm a fan of BL. It's interesting and funny.

MoeL

MoeL

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 14 posts
  • LocationIndonesia

oh come on... not all of the readers is BL-lover or BL-hater, please somebody put some tag if it's really consist BL, pretty please?