Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Latest Chapter Discussion (Spoilers)

Gin no Saji Silver Spoon

• Please log in to reply
316 replies to this topic

Liar

Liar

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 472 posts
Discuss about the latest chapter of Gin no Saji/Silver Spoon here.

I swear, every time I read this manga, I become hungry. With all the good food it introduces, I can't help but drool. Though, I will admit, like the Yezo High Students, Hachiken's brother killed my appetite at the end of the chapter.

Anyway, I really like how Hachiken is developing. It's really interesting to see how his values conflicts with those around him in a productive and meaningful way. Usually in manga, I often see it devolved into petty arguing. It's refreshing to see them discussing things normally like real people.

Tr0pic0n

Tr0pic0n

Potato Spud

• Contributor
  • 28 posts
O gawd, it's been a while since I've laughed so hard, especially when Summer Festivals have been involved. Coercing the stand owners to buy Yezo High products, only to eat them out of their stock is such an evil thing. At least the stand owners got their revenge with the help of Hachiken's brother. But really, how horrible do you have to be to make yakisoba taste like that?

It's nice to see how Hachiken is growing up. He's still a little naive about some matters, but he really is a heartwarming guy. I can't wait to see what big project Yezo High will be working on next.
-Links to some sites coming soon. For now, have a pineapple.

ValorantX

ValorantX

Baked Potato

• Contributor
  • 1,601 posts
Isn't it kind of weird for someone who can perceive taste so well to be so bad at cooking...... For one thing, you're supposed to taste your own food before you serve it. If he went to Tokyo University, I don't see how it's possible to forget that little fact through the whole process.

"Once you label me you negate me." - Soren Kierkegaard

Liar

Liar

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 472 posts
Well, just because you have good taste, it doesn't mean you would be good at cooking. For all we know, Hachiken's brother may have a tongue that makes everything taste good. Thus, making him unable to determine whether or not his cooking is any good, ha ha.

Liar

Liar

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 472 posts
Oh man, that was a hilarious chapter. I always loved those kind of misunderstandings in a school setting. I even liked how Aki seemed to have suddenly spaced out upon hearing a rumor. Perhaps she is a little jealous that Hachiken was taken away?

adventorder

adventorder

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 3 posts
http://www.batoto.ne..._red-hawk-neo/9

does anyone have any point in time when you're at your wits end, and all others do is to kick you while you're down thinking they're encouraging you when they're actually not, and someone just told you what you want to hear like on the top right hand corner "show them your determination" ?

http://www.batoto.ne...red-hawk-neo/17

i could totally relate to this, was thinking about it last year too and started having a different perspective somehow drowning myself in books... anyone else think like this recently?

really, learning new things used to be fun... when did it turn into a competition for a better future... when you couldn't even say for sure what will happen tomorrow?

Overall, Arakawa-sensei's a genius... able to touch others' hearts (it touched mine) with her drawings :batoto_016: :batoto_025: :batoto_010: :batoto_021: :batoto_030: :batoto_027: :batoto_019: :batoto_003: :batoto_024: ... sry the emotes are... couldn't resist clicking...

ValorantX

ValorantX

Baked Potato

• Contributor
  • 1,601 posts
hmm not really....I couldn't relate anything to this. Frankly I'm a bit indifferent to what my parents might wish for me and I have my own interests and values. Even then, they just ended up letting me do I want. I never seen any purpose of getting your parent's approval, their role mainly is to support you, not determine what you're going to do in life.

zetina

zetina

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 48 posts
  • LocationLatvia

hmm not really....I couldn't relate anything to this. Frankly I'm a bit indifferent to what my parents might wish for me and I have my own interests and values. Even then, they just ended up letting me do I want. I never seen any purpose of getting your parent's approval, their role mainly is to support you, not determine what you're going to do in life.

Unfortunately, it's not always like that ^^;; I'm really happy for you though. I'd love to not feel so pressured by the standards my parents and me as well have set up... e.e

ANYWAY
Chapter 29 was amazing. It made me like Hachiken for real XD
Also "Aki, you dropped your coquette"
And Hachi's dad is scary...............

ValorantX

ValorantX

Baked Potato

• Contributor
  • 1,601 posts

Unfortunately, it's not always like that ^^;; I'm really happy for you though. I'd love to not feel so pressured by the standards my parents and me as well have set up... e.e

ANYWAY
Chapter 29 was amazing. It made me like Hachiken for real XD
Also "Aki, you dropped your coquette"
And Hachi's dad is scary...............

Oh they usually put up standards all right (most Korean parents are strict in some way....), but they don't act like they are responsible for the path I take, and I wouldn't let them if they tried. They can't dictate how you live your life once you're out of the house you know.

Haha Mas

Haha Mas

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • LocationMN
That girl dropping her croquette after the girls came to buy the bacon. It's obvious that she likes him.

Liar

Liar

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 472 posts
The only pressure I have from my parents when I was younger was to complete my education.

Anyway, I'm happy that they're showing subtle hints of Aki developing feelings for Hachiken. I rather be teased now and then than not to see any romance at all.

ValorantX

ValorantX

Baked Potato

• Contributor
  • 1,601 posts

That girl dropping her croquette after the girls came to buy the bacon. It's obvious that she likes him.

Or maybe we just don't understand agricultural people....

Haha Mas

Haha Mas

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • LocationMN
http://manga.redhawkscans.com/reader/read/silver_spoon/en/0/25/page/13
And I just realized that the book Aki was reading was upside down.

Liar

Liar

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 472 posts
Woah! Nice catch!

Haha Mas

Haha Mas

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • LocationMN

Woah! Nice catch!

Its just due to the fact that I have re-read the whole 30 chapters just to search for the subtle hint of Aki x Hachiken romantic development.

penguin71

penguin71

Russet Potato

• Contributor
  • 268 posts
  • LocationThat state that no one cares about
There's a lot of romantic subplot (or indication of a subplot) going on recently. Do you think this manga will ever deviate or include Romance? Or will it stick to it's slice of life comedy until the end?

ARG MY SHIPPING SENSES ARE ON FIRE

Edited by penguin71, 20 March 2012 - 11:32 PM.

~やら~やら

The Best Bagels

Former Typesetter/Blogger for FKMTkrazy

Spoiler

ValorantX

ValorantX

Baked Potato

• Contributor
  • 1,601 posts
Romance is a part of many series across series but it'll probably not be a key genre. The series' selling point is a slife of life story about a guy in agricultural school just like Genshiken is a slife of life about an otaku club. Genshiken has some romance but it doesn't become the center of the plot.

Liar

Liar

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 472 posts
It would be neat to see some romance blossoming, but I would rather have it be developed naturally rather than thrown in there. Besides, aren't there rules about fraternization in that school?

penguin71

penguin71

Russet Potato

• Contributor
  • 268 posts
  • LocationThat state that no one cares about
Yeah I don't want major angst. If anything happens, a regular couple would be fine, but jokes incorporating their relationship could add to the mix.

I really wonder how Arakawa manages to educate readers and entertain them while maintaining some sort of coherence at the same time. Still have yet to see what Silver Spoon means though (or did it have to do with eating the food?).

~やら~やら

The Best Bagels

Former Typesetter/Blogger for FKMTkrazy

Spoiler

Icee

Icee

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 666 posts
Haha, the dog was really cute ^.^ I loved the teacher seriously xD

Yeah I don't want major angst. If anything happens, a regular couple would be fine, but jokes incorporating their relationship could add to the mix.

I really wonder how Arakawa manages to educate readers and entertain them while maintaining some sort of coherence at the same time. Still have yet to see what Silver Spoon means though (or did it have to do with eating the food?).

Yeah, it's probably 'cause she's an awesome author and has this great mind :o :D Yeah, Silver Spoon probably has something to do with spoon, like maybe the best taste or something, using that kind of spoon, not too sure either..

And some romance could be good ^.^ Just to add a small sub-genre x)

IM or it's for naught