Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Noblesse - Latest Chapter Discussion

• Please log in to reply
483 replies to this topic

xBrew

xBrew

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 17 posts
  • Location@warp prt_fild08 50 50, Prontera
If you're not buying the genetic thing, then I think "research with value" would suit better. His logging behind that :)

feral

feral

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 46 posts

I know his strong since he was able to stood his ground during his aerial-encounter against Frankenstein. It's just that if his research can't match or out-match the 9th elder then does that mean his no match for the 9th elder in power, modification after all is the basis of most of the union elder's power. If so, then the thing that only makes him strong here are his cards.

If his really that weak then the M-21 versus Crumbel that I read before might really come true lol. So much for the Franky vs. 13th showdown.

I would not count Crombel out yet. Crombel, in my opinion is by far the most cunning character we have seen yet in this series. That's what makes him dangerous. Not his power. Being cunning and tricky is what made Frankenstein dangerous versus the Clan Leaders. Not Franken's power. So, looking at it from that perspective, I think Crombel could give any of the Elders or Clan Leaders a super hard time if they ever had to fight him.

Also, I am one of the people that believe that M-21 will be the one to face Crombel in the end. It's pretty much a shonen trope. Plus, M-21 still has a long way to go before he completes his full Werewolf transformation.

@EVERYONE!

I know what happened to onemanga forums! PM me for details on the new site!
BANKAI! Rip FLESH from BONE; feral!

Posted Image

shelly

shelly

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 302 posts
I haven't read any Noblesse a very long time, so I decided to just start over from the beginning again. It was really enjoyable being able to read as much as I desired without having to worry about being stopped by the waits for a new chapter. I'm immensely pleased~ It's really worth it to wait sometimes. I may have overdone the reading quite a bit, but this is the feeling I miss from reading novels, not having to stop~
Ehem, anyways. After reading it from beginning to current chapter I have just a few thoughts on it I want to share. Not sure if this is the right thread for it but it said "Discussion" so it should be fine.

I really like the theme of a desire for 'home' / 'normal life' in the story.

I gotta say I expected the kids to play a bigger role, and them not doing so is a little bit disappointing to me personally, because I wanted to see how it would be done, but it actually might be better to the story this way. But with the hints about at least one of the kids, the creators may have something up their sleeves. Or not.

Ah, though this is off-topic, Frankenstein is such an awesome character~
His past, his power, his near-insanity at times, and his own feelings and quirks. Though I wouldn't want to actually meet him. That would be waaay too scary. But a fun character to read about for sure.

The humor is... different. It's a bit hard to get. I understand the points where I am supposed to stop and laugh a little, but the jokes have a hard rhythm to get into. At first I never could be amused at the humor bits, but later on I got them a little bit. The parts that actually made me laugh the most were when people messed with the strong ones thinking they were weak, or Frankensteins dialogue and expressions during battles. Or the expressions of the RK-4 when they thought about one of his reactions.

At first Rai was a very distant character, he seemed good but because he didn't talk much, there was that distance. In the most recent chapters though, once we find out about the problem he is facing, and his feelings about his friends and current lifestyle, I found myself feeling much closer to him. But it wasn't as if he changed. Like Frankenstein said, he's unchanging. So instead of seeing someone change, you see for the first time something that was always there. And I liked that. Alot. It's hard to describe that feeling better than that.

What else... Oh, M-24.... that imposter .! Messing with M-21's emotions, I feel so bad for him now. It was a let down for me too, I wanted him to come back. He was a good guy. Though I still wonder why those two acted like such ---holes in the beginning, trying to beat up some kids for fun and such. But that sort of thing seems to happen a bit often in this story.

.... you think after reading 263 chapters I would have more to say. Well, above all, I enjoyed it. Alot ^_^
I'm one happy person now~ Its a rare thing for me lately to be like this. Feeling like I ate a full meal, satisfied~ Usually as soon as I finish reading one thing I feel something similar to a gnawing hunger, so I pick up the next story.
I wonder where this comes from, or how many people are the same, and if there is any story that can satisfy any of us once and for all,
Or perhaps it is only habit.
Oh well. Have fun reading all, I patiently await the next chapters along with you~

Kreian

Kreian

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,337 posts
i wonder in franky will actually wake rai

tumblr_m792o1vknh1qj0scwo6_250.gif

feral

feral

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 46 posts

Usually as soon as I finish reading one thing I feel something similar to a gnawing hunger, so I pick up the next story.
I wonder where this comes from, or how many people are the same, and if there is any story that can satisfy any of us once and for all,
Oh well. Have fun reading all, I patiently await the next chapters along with you~

I am the same. Please join us over there.
BANKAI! Rip FLESH from BONE; feral!

Posted Image

strixflash

strixflash

Potato

• Contributor
  • 198 posts

I haven't read any Noblesse a very long time, so I decided to just start over from the beginning again. It was really enjoyable being able to read as much as I desired without having to worry about being stopped by the waits for a new chapter. I'm immensely pleased~ It's really worth it to wait sometimes. I may have overdone the reading quite a bit, but this is the feeling I miss from reading novels, not having to stop~
Ehem, anyways. After reading it from beginning to current chapter I have just a few thoughts on it I want to share. Not sure if this is the right thread for it but it said "Discussion" so it should be fine.

I really like the theme of a desire for 'home' / 'normal life' in the story.
The humor is... different. It's a bit hard to get. I understand the points where I am supposed to stop and laugh a little, but the jokes have a hard rhythm to get into. At first I never could be amused at the humor bits, but later on I got them a little bit. The parts that actually made me laugh the most were when people messed with the strong ones thinking they were weak, or Frankensteins dialogue and expressions during battles. Or the expressions of the RK-4 when they thought about one of his reactions.

At first Rai was a very distant character, he seemed good but because he didn't talk much, there was that distance. In the most recent chapters though, once we find out about the problem he is facing, and his feelings about his friends and current lifestyle, I found myself feeling much closer to him. But it wasn't as if he changed. Like Frankenstein said, he's unchanging. So instead of seeing someone change, you see for the first time something that was always there. And I liked that. Alot. It's hard to describe that feeling better than that.

.... you think after reading 263 chapters I would have more to say. Well, above all, I enjoyed it. Alot ^_^
I'm one happy person now~ Its a rare thing for me lately to be like this. Feeling like I ate a full meal, satisfied~ Usually as soon as I finish reading one thing I feel something similar to a gnawing hunger, so I pick up the next story.

Noblesse is the best! The only manga I have read more than six times...... Its my favourite!

Noblesse Forever!

Spoiler

paraquat

paraquat

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 238 posts
  • LocationCashin a keg of Natty Ice with Fratmaster Urek "The Man"zino
Looks like we're going to have a training arc now. What's next for Noblesse, maybe a Rescue Rai arc? If we're going by standard shonen stories then that is what will happen next.

"Koichi really steals! No dignity!" - Jusuke Josder

xBrew

xBrew

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 17 posts
Too bad Noblesse is not your average standard shonen so most probably it won't be an arc entirely dedicated to their training. It was kinda short though, or maybe I was just expecting something else to be included in this week's release like Rajak's appearance? or the elder's introduction.

So! To RK4, may you still be alive.

strixflash

strixflash

Potato

• Contributor
  • 198 posts

Looks like we're going to have a training arc now. What's next for Noblesse, maybe a Rescue Rai arc? If we're going by standard shonen stories then that is what will happen next.

I dont find a single reason to complain. Its not like Bleach or Naruto where they have training arcs after every 30-40 chapters. Everytime, they do the same thing....

Noblesse with good writing, gave more than enough reasons for a short training arc (maximum 3-4 chapters) without making it feel bored or forced.

Too bad Noblesse is not your average standard shonen so most probably it won't be an arc entirely dedicated to their training. It was kinda short though, or maybe I was just expecting something else to be included in this week's release like Rajak's appearance? or the elder's introduction.

So! To RK4, may you still be alive.

I think its too early for Elders and Rajak to appear. Elders have to prepare enough as they are going for a battle. Also, Ragar is probably busy on his trip....... Maybe they will arrive in 3-4 chapters.

Noblesse Forever!

Spoiler

paraquat

paraquat

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 238 posts
^Gear down, big shifter. Who said I was complaining? I actually don't mind training arcs. It just seems odd that hundreds of chapters in, people start training. Honestly though, M-21, Takao, and Norton Antivirus do need some powerups if they're going to be taking on Union leaders, and this would be the time to get them. Same goes for Shock-white Hair vampire, I forget his name, IIRC he was only on the level of Shark, if that.

xBrew

xBrew

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 17 posts
Now more about the chapter:

It seems Franky during the good old days had lots of fun fighting the clan leaders. His story about planning to fight the lord and 12 clan leaders reveals many things about his power. If his story is indeed true, then that would probably mean he can take on Roctis alone. Either his really really experienced and strong or his confidence just comes from the fact that Rai is with him. Still it's nice to know that against the 4th elder, Franky will do just fine.

inFamous

inFamous

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 453 posts
I'll hide this from people who haven't read ch. 266:

Spoiler

Euodiachloris

Euodiachloris

Mashed Potato

• Members
  • 7,336 posts
  • LocationUK
Seriously, girl... rushing in and being an idiot is going to help how, exactly? <_<

PlotCap.png

~:Euo will do instead of my whole handle:~

Scanlation-author collaboration not possible?  Nope: it's doable... try Trace and vote with your feet to try to get more like this.

DarkPrince

DarkPrince

Cute Potato

• Members
  • 4,800 posts
  • Location「Between Brackets」
I just want M21 to be able to awaken completely already, maybe an encounter with the 5th elder will help?

I T ' S   O N L Y   F U N   I F   T H E Y   R U N

Alien Entity

Alien Entity

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 459 posts
  • LocationBatoto
I don't like how Seira is losing her temper just like that

!

bxy0.png

17.jpg

paraquat

paraquat

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 238 posts
Looks like we're going to get the M-21 vs M-24 showdown that I predicted. Who will emerge the victor, and claim the title of "last remaining M-2x"? Possibly also a last minute save where Franky bails out Clan Leader Jr. (I forgot her name).

DarkPrince

DarkPrince

Cute Potato

• Members
  • 4,800 posts
  • Location「Between Brackets」
Seira

Yeah he'll prolly save her, but can he fight 3 elders on his own?

I T ' S   O N L Y   F U N   I F   T H E Y   R U N

inFamous

inFamous

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 453 posts
Well Rajak should be making his appearance at some point, but yea that still leaves out one more Elder, because Seira isn't going to last very long. Hmm...perhaps Rael will come back. I think he's stronger than Seira because he already went through that "coming of age ceremony" thing (i think), plus he has a soul weapon. The only thing he doesn't really have is experience, but I bet he can take on the 8th Elder regardless...either that or another werewolf will pop up, but this time on Lukedonia's side. The more the merrier :D

Edited by infamous, 15 January 2013 - 08:45 PM.

DonutPowered

DonutPowered

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 2 posts

Seira: "Regarding the place where 'He' sleeps... I will take measures as you directed earlier, Chairman.

So... think she put some cup ramen next to his bed?

Euodiachloris

Euodiachloris

Mashed Potato

• Members
  • 7,336 posts
  • LocationUK

So... think she put some cup ramen next to his bed?

Rather amused that the smell of miso/ other soup-base could trump coffee or an alarm clock. :lol:

PlotCap.png

~:Euo will do instead of my whole handle:~

Scanlation-author collaboration not possible?  Nope: it's doable... try Trace and vote with your feet to try to get more like this.