Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Noblesse - Latest Chapter Discussion

• Please log in to reply
483 replies to this topic

Ammykins

Ammykins

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 3 posts
Is it wrong of me to hate the fact that M-24 is alive?
I mean, how is M-21 going to react to all of this? The whole reason he's had any character development is because M-24 died, so that basically screwed him over popularity-wise. Now he could just turn into this weird loyal blob that gets angry every now and then and comes in for the fan-service... ಠ_ಠ

But I suppose that if M-24 doesn't get his medication soon, he's gonna die anyways. (That was the whole reason they hadn't already ran off in the first season, in case you guys forgot.) Franky or Rai will probably pull something out of a hat to make him not need pills anymore, though.

I hope this season is interesting... (Clan leaders please?)

ValorantX

ValorantX

Baked Potato

• Contributor
  • 1,601 posts

Is it wrong of me to hate the fact that M-24 is alive?
I mean, how is M-21 going to react to all of this? The whole reason he's had any character development is because M-24 died, so that basically screwed him over popularity-wise. Now he could just turn into this weird loyal blob that gets angry every now and then and comes in for the fan-service... ಠ_ಠ

I don't really follow your reasoning. Firstly, that wasn't the whole reason (others include interactions with kids and experience fighting with the other Nobles etc.) and it also doesn't necessarily mean that meeting M-24 again would lead him to revert back to how he used to be. The author can make use of this to show even further character development.

But I suppose that if M-24 doesn't get his medication soon, he's gonna die anyways. (That was the whole reason they hadn't already ran off in the first season, in case you guys forgot.) Franky or Rai will probably pull something out of a hat to make him not need pills anymore, though.

Frankenstein can just make new medication.....seeing what he already easily accomplished so far, and M-24's body is already adapting to need less medication to survive.

Edited by Saphsin, 31 August 2012 - 08:35 PM.

"Once you label me you negate me." - Soren Kierkegaard

Euodiachloris

Euodiachloris

Mashed Potato

• Members
  • 7,336 posts
  • LocationUK

I don't really follow your reasoning. Firstly, that wasn't the whole reason (others include interactions with kids and experience fighting with the other Nobles etc.) and it also doesn't necessarily mean that meeting M-24 again would lead him to revert back to how he used to be. The author can make use of this to show even further character development.

Yes... but... Trying moves like that can cause unexpected fallout, unless handled delicately. :( Now, I'm not suggesting that this is going to be the case, but when the dead start coming back... is one of the signs of possible derailment. :mellow:

I'm not denying the emotional pay-off inherent in a possible reunion, or the routes that can ensue for both characters (and others), but there's a chance that any future death will seem... less... if there's the possibility that it won't stick. <shrugs>

That, and I like death that stays death. <sighs> Call it a quirk. ;)

PlotCap.png

~:Euo will do instead of my whole handle:~

Scanlation-author collaboration not possible?  Nope: it's doable... try Trace and vote with your feet to try to get more like this.

ValorantX

ValorantX

Baked Potato

• Contributor
  • 1,601 posts
I do think there is the issue of.......reviving people in terms of technology. If the brain doesn't have oxygen for a certain period of time, there is all sorts of permanent damage. So reviving a corpse should just leave a zombie but it seems his character and memory is left intact.

~Hazuki~

~Hazuki~

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 11 posts
  • LocationUri Eunha
Does anyone else find it a bit creepy that the author used the picture of Toa, Takeo, and M-21 in there bad-a** pose at the end of chapter 246 on Crombell's profile page in chapter 248..... It's like Crombell has eyes every where already :unsure: .... anywho something i noticed ^_^

I really like M-21 so I hope Frankenstein can out smart Crombell and prevent M-21 falling into a psychological trap! :blush: I'm worried :(

Edited by Hazuki01, 03 September 2012 - 09:01 PM.

Posted Image

ValorantX

ValorantX

Baked Potato

• Contributor
  • 1,601 posts

Does anyone else find it a bit creepy that the author used the picture of Toa, Takeo, and M-21 in there bad-a** pose at the end of chapter 246 on Crombell's profile page in chapter 248..... It's like Crombell has eyes every where already :unsure: .... anywho something i noticed ^_^

No.....I don't see why it's suspicious that there were pictures of them taken by security cameras.

feral

feral

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 46 posts
I'm happy that Bonerre is dead. The bastard tried to kill our guys man! Anyone know what happened to onemanga forums?
BANKAI! Rip FLESH from BONE; feral!

Posted Image

paraquat

paraquat

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 238 posts
  • LocationCashin a keg of Natty Ice with Fratmaster Urek "The Man"zino
I was happy to see Boner-re go as well. MK-5 or -6 is really going to have to step it up to be able to handle the Union now though, with Rai being in his condition. I don't think the elders will go down as easily the next time around since Rai won't be able to take them on...maybe Lukedonia can send some help? Preferably the female elder with the glasses and the huge... weapon.

"Koichi really steals! No dignity!" - Jusuke Josder

feral

feral

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 46 posts
A few things interest me about this chapter.

1) Is the that the 1st Elder seems to not be a Noble. Therefore not one of the Traitors.

2) Is that the 1st Elder genuinely seemed to be in charge and making the decisions of the Union. He seems to be the single holder of the decision to go to war with the Nobles or not. I think this interesting because we have been in fact, told that no single Elder has power or authority over any other. We were told that the only authority that the individual elders recognize is the authority of the Elders as a whole. Like when they come together in meetings and decide something like that.

3) Is that the 1st Elder sent out the 5th, 7th, and 8th Elders. Isn't that a strange choice of Elders to send out? Why not the 9th, 8th, and 7th? I think it is because of the connection between the 9th Elder and Roctis. That would imply that the 1st Elder does not completely trust Roctis. Hmmm.

Wlid Theory!!!

Ah crap it just hit me what is probably going on with the Traitors. They (at least Roctis) are probably all undercover! That would explain why they did what they did but still did not completely destroy the Nobles. Because they needed to be convincing enough to be able to join the ranks of the enemy! I think Roctis is undercover in the Union. Maybe the other Traitors are undercover in other more covert organizations? Like the Werewolves, for instance.
BANKAI! Rip FLESH from BONE; feral!

Posted Image

xBrew

xBrew

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 17 posts
  • Location@warp prt_fild08 50 50, Prontera

Is that the 1st Elder sent out the 5th, 7th, and 8th Elders. Isn't that a strange choice of Elders to send out? Why not the 9th, 8th, and 7th? I think it is because of the connection between the 9th Elder and Ro

Actually, I think it's just probably because the 9th wasn't around during their meeting. If you would recall, the 9th elder informed Roctis that he will be conducting his own investigation.

The more trivial thing for me during that meeting was on why the 5th elder was sent instead of the 6th.

Maybe the other Traitors are undercover in other more covert organizations? Like the Werewolves, for instance.

Wow. I'll buy that. To reiterate your question: What happened to OM? anyone?

Edited by xBrew, 12 December 2012 - 02:13 PM.

oliverwashere

oliverwashere

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 56 posts
  • Locationthe chasm of sleep
For some reason, I get the feeling that the reason Rai went into his century-spanning coma was partly because he awakened Franky.

xBrew

xBrew

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 17 posts

For some reason, I get the feeling that the reason Rai went into his century-spanning coma was partly because he awakened Franky.

He did not awaken Franky's power. I think he (Rai) already mentioned before that it was because he was confronted by the traitorous clan leaders that caused him to slumber. How the leaders were able to draw him out and ending up in the coffin are still yet to be revealed.

Morkk

Morkk

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 95 posts
  • LocationQuebec
263raw is out

http://comic.naver.com/webtoon/list.nhn?titleId=25455&weekday=tue

Spoiler

Nihonomaruh

Nihonomaruh

Potato

• Members
  • 117 posts

263raw is out

http://comic.naver.com/webtoon/list.nhn?titleId=25455&weekday=tue

We already know it men xD...

will_of_fire_by_manga_wolf-d5qr0am_zps43

"My sin is my own existence."

Νεχ ποσσυμ τεχυμ ωιωερε, νεχ σινε τε.
Nec possum tecum vivere, nec sine te.
I can live neither with you, nor without you.

Nihil Sine Nefas
Nothing without a sin

xBrew

xBrew

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 17 posts
So the cunning 13th elder is still inferior to the 9th elder. My speculation of Crumbel being at least equally close to Frankenstein has just been trashed. And finally, beauty rest for Rai :)

Euodiachloris

Euodiachloris

Mashed Potato

• Members
  • 7,336 posts
  • LocationUK

So the cunning 13th elder is still inferior to the 9th elder. My speculation of Crumbel being at least equally close to Frankenstein has just been trashed. And finally, beauty rest for Rai :)

Um... yeah... Like Crombel has let the rest know his full strength. :P The guy's a tricky snake of a secretive Mad Doctor: he wouldn't let 'em know for his last jar of iodine. ;)

I'm one who's betting he's way stronger than he ever lets on.

Edited by Euodiachloris, 18 December 2012 - 01:39 PM.

PlotCap.png

Scanlation-author collaboration not possible?  Nope: it's doable... try Trace and vote with your feet to try to get more like this.

xBrew

xBrew

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 17 posts
I know his strong since he was able to stood his ground during his aerial-encounter against Frankenstein. It's just that if his research can't match or out-match the 9th elder then does that mean his no match for the 9th elder in power, modification after all is the basis for most of the union elder's power. If so, then the thing that only makes him strong here are his cards.

If his really that weak then the M-21 versus Crumbel that I read before might really come true lol. So much for the Franky vs. 13th showdown.

Edited by xBrew, 19 December 2012 - 06:23 AM.

Euodiachloris

Euodiachloris

Mashed Potato

• Members
  • 7,336 posts
  • LocationUK
That's the problem with "research". <_< We don't know which particular area he was really talking about. <shrugs> He might be well ahead in some areas. But, was behind the 9th in others.

And, we've got nothing to suggest where he actually stands in comparison to Frankenstein, even though it's been well telegraphed that he isn't in the same league, yet. <shrugs again> We also don't know if he has enough to jump off from to attain greater parity or not. <_<

PlotCap.png

xBrew

xBrew

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 17 posts

That's the problem with "research". <_< We don't know which particular area he was really talking about. <shrugs> He might be well ahead in some areas. But, was behind the 9th in others.

Actually, if you check the panels again, you'll see a picture of DNA there on Crumbel's screen. From there, I think it's safe to assume that he was referring to human modification. So his logging behind the 9th elder in this area.

About his power, I may have concluded to soon. And I will stop there :)

Euodiachloris

Euodiachloris

Mashed Potato

• Members
  • 7,336 posts
  • LocationUK

Actually, if you check the panels again, you'll see a picture of DNA there on Crumbel's screen. From there, I think it's safe to assume that he was referring to human modification. So his logging behind the 9th elder in this area.

About his power, I may have concluded to soon. And I will stop there :)

Uh... right. And, seeing the whole genome tells you which part of it he was having trouble with? :huh: Or, which blocks he didn't know how to turn on or off? :huh: Or whatever... :P

Genetics is not a tiny field, you know. :P

PlotCap.png