Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Last book you completed

Unofficial Books Novels Literature Reading last read

• Please log in to reply
871 replies to this topic

ValorantX

ValorantX

Baked Potato

• Contributor
  • 1,601 posts
Well that wasn't exactly the ending, it was kind of a general statement. (but spoiler tags done)

"Once you label me you negate me." - Soren Kierkegaard

Oblivion0117

Oblivion0117

Potato

• Members
  • 120 posts
  • LocationUSA - East Coast
The most recent one for me is Towers of Midnight by Robert Jordan and Brandon Sanderson, it's the most recent release in The Wheel of Time series book 13 to be specific. The series is about a group of people trying to stop the Dark One which is the equivalent of the devil(?) from breaking the seal on his cage and if that's not possible shove him back in and slap a new one on (obviously a little harder and bloodier than it sounds :) . Everybody's actions all focus on one thing making sure the world and the Dragon Reborn is ready for the last battle. All right this summary really sucks and does the series absolutely no justice whatsoever but that's the bare essentials for the most part :P I Highly recommend this series to everyone especially if like the sci-fi/fantasy genres!

Arman

Arman

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 92 posts
  • LocationMoscow/Los-Angeles
I think that those that take their time to read a piece of literature would have a good taste of what to read.

It's also nice to share with others what you have read. This thread isn't restricted only to books, however, let's exclude manga unless you've read the entire series. If this is a duplicate thread feel free to delete it.

Mod Notice: Thread merged with duplicate, OP edited.
-sey-

I just finished reading Pygmy by Chuck Palahniuk (author of Fight Club.) Pygmy is written in a very unusual way and may confuse you, possibly throughout the length of the book.

Edited by seyrine, 19 December 2012 - 02:21 PM.

Katzen

Katzen

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 937 posts
Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi.

It's a YA book and i totally loved the premise, not to mention i was so engaged to it for some reason xD

яαιηвσω яσ¢кѕ ヾ(◍’౪`◍)ノ゙| SlhbZiq.gif

Arman

Arman

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 92 posts
What's a YA book?

Katzen

Katzen

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 937 posts

What's a YA book?

Young Adult :) i really like reading them, there's an abundance of new authors and the stories are kinda cliche sometimes but it's seriously addicting =.=

Buttock Follicle

Buttock Follicle

Couch Potato

• Contributor
  • 2,433 posts
  • Locationfuttocking away~

What's a YA book?

Young Adult :) i really like reading them, there's an abundance of new authors and the stories are kinda cliche sometimes but it's seriously addicting =.=

haha, I've gone the other way xD To me, adult fiction tends to have better story... except for steampunk <3 Steampunk fic is awesome no matter what.

Just read Vengeance, Ian Irvine's new book (ckdjshshajsjd sooooo good btw) and The Extraordinares by Michael Pryor

Katzen

Katzen

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 937 posts

What's a YA book?

haha, I've gone the other way xD To me, adult fiction tends to have better story... except for steampunk <3 Steampunk fic is awesome no matter what.

Just read Vengeance, Ian Irvine's new book (ckdjshshajsjd sooooo good btw) and The Extraordinares by Michael Pryor

i really don't read them for their story lololol i'm waiting for my copy of Aleph by Paulo Coelho :)

Buttock Follicle

Buttock Follicle

Couch Potato

• Contributor
  • 2,433 posts
I just like my books having an interesting plot xD Ever since the vampire craze came along I've half turned away from YA... (I do still read a couple tho :3)

Katzen

Katzen

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 937 posts

I just like my books having an interesting plot xD Ever since the vampire craze came along I've half turned away from YA... (I do still read a couple tho :3)

nahh, angels and fairies are more the shit now >_> and girls with special abilities. hahaha, i only read Paranormal YA xD

codetoki

codetoki

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 389 posts
Mortal Instruments
I know it's an old one but my friends were bugging me to read it until I finally gave in
Spoiler

Spoiler

Buttock Follicle

Buttock Follicle

Couch Potato

• Contributor
  • 2,433 posts
The Aware by Glenda Larke.

First read it ~4 years ago, and I love it even more now <3

Angelo.

Angelo.

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 3,488 posts
  • Locationsleeping on a cloud
haven't read a book in ages...

Edited by Angel., 05 March 2012 - 09:43 PM.

Rol

Rol

Oui Purée

• Donator
  • 3,270 posts
Not really recently but I've read the Dark Tower saga ( Stephen King ) and now I'm starting the Sword of Truth saga ( Terry Goodkind )

wtjpw658v4xz.gif

Buttock Follicle

Buttock Follicle

Couch Potato

• Contributor
  • 2,433 posts
Just reread the Isles of Glory trilogy by Glenda Larke <3

Five years later and I still love it...:-D

Yaomo

Yaomo

Baked Potato

• Donator
  • 1,757 posts
  • Locationwathcing you from some place far away
The Master and Margarita

it's an interesting book, and the russian drama was good too
あっ ちょっと死んじまった

Arman

Arman

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 92 posts
The Fortunate Pilgrim by Mario Puzo.

annihilator

annihilator

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 2,035 posts
  • Locationnomad...
valley of dolls.. a story about how you get sucked-in in the world of show business losing the things you value most...
it's an old book.. but a good read...

...m y a l t e r e g o...

Posted Image

Buttock Follicle

Buttock Follicle

Couch Potato

• Contributor
  • 2,433 posts
Priestess of the White by Trudi Canavan

wanted to read this for aaaaaages

annihilator

annihilator

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 2,035 posts
  • Locationnomad...
"Rich Dad Poor Dad".... i haven't actually read it but listened to its audio version...

Edited by annihilator, 15 March 2012 - 06:04 PM.

...m y a l t e r e g o...

Posted Image