Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

The Decline of Manga forum community

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

Roxis

Roxis

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 41 posts
  • Locationin wasteland

With the closing of Batoto manga and Mangafox forum shutdown, i come to realization there are none manga forum left now unless i don't know there are few left.

I am make clear here first what i meant here is not manga forum like  Animesuki, mangahelper, Naruto forum or MAL but manga forum simultaneously has read site and community altogether.

What is everyone think the reason for decline?

Why there are not many manga site has community with them like manga here or kiss manga or mangasail but instead use disquss and chatbox for community gathering.

Posted Image

zetsuravez

zetsuravez

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 29 posts
  • Locationphilippi- nevermind...

probably it's hard to maintain forum?... or probably sites like those are only care about the money...  but i feel like its the maintenance of the forum...

Ccrados

Ccrados

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 43 posts
  • Locationthe other side

So it is for real that Mangafox is over? Even with other domains(?), like .se or .me? I have to admit that the forums on MF is pretty decent.

tumblr_inline_nwjunhls6J1rqfb5i_540.png

Natureboy

Natureboy

Baked Potato

• Donator
  • 1,162 posts
  • Locationdeep in the forest

Forums are some work.  Even with required registration, trolls and spammers require some moderation.  If you really want people to stay on topic, it takes more moderation that that.

I'm kinda disappointed that mangadex hasn't developed any forums yet.  Haven't spent enough time in the comic comments on mangadex to have an opinion about their value in building community. Or maybe their discord is where the interesting conversations are happening.

zetsuravez

zetsuravez

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 29 posts

problem with discord is that i can't see or read what happened last xxhours or last xxdays... i hope mangadex would make a forum...

Syri

Syri

Potato Spud

• Donator
  • 13 posts

I think forums are losing ground in a lot of areas, not just manga related. A lot of gaming related stuff seems to be going onto discord now, and facebook group pages are popular in some areas as well. I like forums myself, but a lot of that is probably down to having been on the internet for a long time now. I think I got my first modem around 1997... 

I've found I don't post as much on forums as I used to though, no idea why, just don't seem to these days.

Hologfx

Hologfx

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 6 posts
I am going to implement forums for MangaDex. It's almost finished - I need to integrate all the comments into the forums before making it live.

.Jester

.Jester

Potato

• Members
  • 152 posts
  • LocationMuh bedroom

I am going to implement forums for MangaDex. It's almost finished - I need to integrate all the comments into the forums before making it live.

Cool, the community will probably feel like it's been revived again. At least I hope so...

Just another idiot floating around the forums.

Profile Song List Revision (05/13/2016)

83778d15.jpg

Spoiler

zetsuravez

zetsuravez

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 29 posts

cool... this time i'll try to check the forums... i really never check forums and stuff... just now... after batoto died...

You

You

Savage Potato

• Members
  • 3,262 posts
Been on mangadex for a while and have never checked the forums there

tumblr_static_tumblr_static_9e1zrqkbvu8s

pokari

pokari

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 69 posts
Mangadex forums feel more stifled to me in format—aside from support topics and sections for discussing different types of media, there is only the "general" section for everything else (though it looks like there are some potato-hell-worthy threads active there).

I think some of this is just that Batoto was made in the latter years of forum culture, whereas Mangadex cometh in the epoch of peak Discord culture.