Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

LPW (Last Post Wins) v5

• Please log in to reply
3101 replies to this topic

acepanda

acepanda

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 343 posts
  • LocationOn the toilet

alcohol is bad

TenderRain

TenderRain

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • LocationFeatherlands
most alcohol smells pretty bad, bad enough to make me stay away :<

quack

pokari

pokari

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 69 posts
The totality of my alcohol experience is roughly as follows:

As tasted from a 1/4 teaspoon measure on my friend's 21st birthday (biased to the exact drinks served I'm sure):
- Wine tastes like grape juice with cleaning chemicals.
- Rum tastes like caramelized sugar with cleaning chemicals.
- Bailey's tastes like desert with cleaning chemicals which I was surprisingly okay with and so resolved to keep a good distance from.

(Some explanation: The smell of pure alcohol itself registers to me as disinfectant.)

As experienced elsewhere:
- Beer, most wine, and mead all smell to me like some plant master has gotten damp and then gone bad and rotted.
- Cherry pie with a bit of tacky whipped-cream-flavored vodka poured on it was okay but not exactly a culinary breakthrough.
- The rum-infused soft-serve at a certain company's cafeteria was delicious, but alarmingly boozy, to the point where I think that's the most alcohol I've had in one sitting.
- Vanilla extract by itself tastes vile, which is disappointing when you are a child.

Edited by pokari, 31 January 2018 - 04:17 AM.

TenderRain

TenderRain

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • LocationFeatherlands
That's surprisingly descriptive.

I've only ever had red wine (I think?) on an aeroplane, after a decent amount of persuasion. Roughly the same volume as you consumed on your friend's birthday. It tasted bitter, and had that characteristic smell that I don't quite know how to describe (actually, this was in Nov '13, so I was barely 21 y.o. now that I think about it), and my friend, who was the one who had ordered it, didn't like it either. Ended up wasting most of it. He actually complains about the taste of all kinds of alcohol but drinks them anyway.
In all fairness, I've eaten things that were a lot worse.

quack

pokari

pokari

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 69 posts
I think most people who drink would object to parts of my descriptions though ^^

Mine are just the curious ponderings a of a child who was raised in a house without alcohol, and was too covetous of precious mortal brain cells to consider taking up the habit. And to whom the global obsession with the stuff is baffling, but then I feel that way about coffee too.

Edited by pokari, 31 January 2018 - 05:13 AM.

TenderRain

TenderRain

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • LocationFeatherlands
Ah, nice. I see.

I don't drink it either, except for the occasional cold coffee (does hot chocolate count? they always seem to have it at all tea/coffee shops) but that's about it.
Don't know why but I have something against most drinks, lol. I don't like fruit juices and I can't drink carbonated stuff either (I've tried a lot but never liked any of them).
Back to some LPW-esque talk: i'm going to win this

Edited by TenderRain, 31 January 2018 - 05:42 AM.

quack

pokari

pokari

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 69 posts

I give you my full support in winning, lil' bird!

...Well, moral support anyway. I suppose if I was actually supporting I would be most helpful not posting anything here at all. But that would be lonely.

You

You

Savage Potato

• Members
  • 3,262 posts
Win

tumblr_static_tumblr_static_9e1zrqkbvu8s

pokari

pokari

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 69 posts
Oh. Hey. You.

You who is responsible for all those comments where I did a double-take because it said "You and [other user] like this." You, I remember.

(You has heard all these puns before, I'm sure.)

TenderRain

TenderRain

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • LocationFeatherlands
You is a Savage Potato.

quack

OMGWTFBBQPONIES

OMGWTFBBQPONIES

Equine non grata

• Members
  • 3,853 posts
  • LocationSan Escobar
real sick at that too
or was it just sick? my youlang skill too low

Mod-in-Disguise

FlQCNQa.gif

You <3

Whoever decided to delete this was an idiot.

| Handwritten kanji recognition || KanjiTomo || Kanji converter || J<->E Dictionary |

pokari

pokari

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 69 posts
I know intellectually it's almost certainly a matter of time zones but to me you're all early morning zombies for posting stuff at 4:30 in the morning.

TenderRain

TenderRain

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • LocationFeatherlands
Ponies are Equines non grata.

quack

acepanda

acepanda

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 343 posts
  • LocationOn the toilet

Although alcohol is bad, I am going to be having a very late New Year's party wid sum peepz where I will be drinking. I also smoke, so dats an extra bonus for my health. 

It's 9:34pm here. Just got home.

Edited by acepanda, 31 January 2018 - 12:34 PM.

TenderRain

TenderRain

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • LocationFeatherlands

I know intellectually it's almost certainly a matter of time zones but to me you're all early morning zombies for posting stuff at 4:30 in the morning.

Same to you. Seriously though, I guess you should sleep. I'm 3 hrs ahead of you (woke up not too long ago), and You and Ponies are in further different timezones.

I also smoke, so dats an extra bonus for my health.

rip. )))))))):

quack

AnimeManga272b

AnimeManga272b

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 298 posts
  • LocationNot far from home...
LPW is back, and so am I.

Coinciding with the birth of Vatoto, here is the continuation of LPW v4, of which the winner was--me!

I consider DarkPrince the REAL winner.

TenderRain

TenderRain

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • LocationFeatherlands
oh yes it is

i think bonheart-senpai, you and acepanda had a better claim. also it's so sad that DP misses out on so many of these milestones by being just one post too early/late! D:

Edited by TenderRain, 31 January 2018 - 12:56 PM.

quack

acepanda

acepanda

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 343 posts
  • LocationOn the toilet

bonbon deserves nothing and the reason why bonbon and animemanga guy got ahead of my post counts was because i was banned for 2 years

TenderRain

TenderRain

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • LocationFeatherlands
rude panda

what matters more, though, is that i have the largest post count here. so i win.

quack

acepanda

acepanda

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 343 posts
  • LocationOn the toilet

i doubt