Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

LPW (Last Post Wins) v5

• Please log in to reply
3101 replies to this topic

pokari

pokari

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 69 posts
D: D:

Hang in there, Penrowo!

*super hugs* >~<

PItiful Boar

PItiful Boar

Soppy Potato

• Members
  • 198 posts

can't wait to turn into a data structures and algorithm myself  

just kidding, best of luck penrose

penrosecat

penrosecat

Playa Potato

• Members
  • 3 posts

Aww, I'm so glad I checked in <3

It certainly feels good to have people care for me. (Apart from back home of course)

I think that it's difficult to be friends with people you will get relatively graded against, which is the case with most of the people I know around here. Feels really empty all the time.

best of luck (etc.)

yeah i may be grinding but i ain't getting better (at getting the grades, i think i understand the stuff just fine). i just want it to end which it should next week. i hate courses where talent beats hard work, but this is one of them, sigh...

penrosecat

penrosecat

Playa Potato

• Members
  • 3 posts

aww man i feel like deleting the last post, i messed up that course anyway 

so anyway, i just found out laptop batteries last best when you keep them between 40-80% all the time. keeping it plugged in all the time and letting it discharge totally are both bad...who knew. i guess anyone serious about taking care of their laptops, i found out soon enough i suppose.

in other news it's super cold here. i guess it can't really compare to being in a place with snow, but ok.

Good night~

pokari

pokari

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 69 posts
It's never snowy here so complain all you want. u.u

I'm sorry about the course, though.

Honestly, I wouldn't worry about the batteries. Lithium ion batteries last pretty long now if they're not garbage. Conversely, the one time I tried to store an extra battery at exactly 40% long term (after looking it up) it was dead a couple years later when I next tried it (and the battery I'd been using all in the meantime was still okay). It's almost definitely not worth the effort of keeping it "optimal", especially since a lot of the electronic manufacturers are usually already doing some of that for you (e.g. 100% on a phone is usually not actually 100% of what it could charge to, for exactly this reason).

PItiful Boar

PItiful Boar

Soppy Potato

• Members
  • 198 posts

Always good to see you check back in pen ... best wishes for the new year

penrosecat

penrosecat

Playa Potato

• Members
  • 3 posts

Honestly, I wouldn't worry about the batteries. Lithium ion batteries last pretty long now if they're not garbage. Conversely, the one time I tried to store an extra battery at exactly 40% long term (after looking it up) it was dead a couple years later when I next tried it (and the battery I'd been using all in the meantime was still okay). It's almost definitely not worth the effort of keeping it "optimal", especially since a lot of the electronic manufacturers are usually already doing some of that for you (e.g. 100% on a phone is usually not actually 100% of what it could charge to, for exactly this reason).

yeah i was thinking the same thing about why my phone has lasted me for so long despite me taking such bad care of it. 

Always good to see you check back in pen ... best wishes for the new year

aww happy new year to you too :)

my resolution is to drink more water and not get headaches due to staring at bluescreens and not drinking enough water (on that note i should buy more paracetamol tablets, as one of my friends said, it's not a question of if, it's a question of when)

pokari

pokari

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 69 posts
I'm used to it being "acetaminophen" (if not brand-name) so I had to look that one up.

It is now time for me to hook myself to sensors and machines and get some practice at being a cyborg (and hopefully give the sleep docs useful data).

penrosecat

penrosecat

Playa Potato

• Members
  • 3 posts

It is now time for me to hook myself to sensors and machines and get some practice at being a cyborg (and hopefully give the sleep docs useful data).

aww what does this mean i dont really get it

sounds good though, if it involves sleep

pokari

pokari

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 69 posts
In this case it involved a lot less sleep but the hope is that it leads to more, later.

Basically sleeping with a CPAP machine plus a couple extra sensors (an oximeter, and a belt strapped around my chest that measures chest expansion/deflation from breathing) all wired up to measure stuff as I try to sleep with the CPAP (which went horribly for the first part of the night, it wasn't giving me enough air, it was like breathing into a bag).

Now I have gone over and given them back the device and now I am going to go sleep some. x.x

PItiful Boar

PItiful Boar

Soppy Potato

• Members
  • 198 posts
Looks up paracetamol.... that’s just painkillers
Um.. I guess if it lessens the pain...
Lol when are you getting the results back

pokari

pokari

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 69 posts
Well, this was like step 3 in some longer process—next step is a bit weird, at some point a medical supply company is supposed to contact me to go get me a CPAP machine that I own (using the results from this last test as guidelines on exact what to get me, I think).

All the while I'm hoping to get through as much of this as possible before doing taxes, at which point the government learns that I made little enough money last year that I could have qualified for MediCal and I'm worried the wheels of bureaucracy will churn me right out of my current Obamacare insurance (as if I could have ever known that in advance, with my highly variable income, or likewise as if it had any bearing on this year's income)...

Anyway, once I do procure a breathy-machine somehow, next step is to use it for a month-ish and come back to the sleep doctor, wherein they'll read the machine's records of how I've been sleeping (and particularly, breathing) at night and we go from there.

Edited by pokari, 31 January 2020 - 12:20 AM.

penrosecat

penrosecat

Playa Potato

• Members
  • 3 posts

wtf guys when do the hell do i get the care react

pokari

pokari

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 69 posts
I don't know what the care react is. owo;

But I have hugs whenever you want them?

(>• •)> ?

Edit: I apparently am somewhat on-tack in my wild interpretation of nonsense words, a quick googling tells me. Well, more that it just happened to be about hugs which of course I will offer independently anyway uwu

PItiful Boar

PItiful Boar

Soppy Potato

• Members
  • 198 posts

is this what you're talking about? https://techcrunch.com/2020/04/17/facebook-adds-new-care-emoji-reactions-on-its-main-app-and-in-messenger/

pokari

pokari

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 69 posts
That's at least what I get from googling it ~w~ I wouldn't know about it naturally, having never really been on facebook and all.

You

You

Savage Potato

• Members
  • 3,262 posts
The winner is i

tumblr_static_tumblr_static_9e1zrqkbvu8s

sjoe

sjoe

Potato

• Members
  • 160 posts