Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

LPW (Last Post Wins) v5

• Please log in to reply
3101 replies to this topic

penrosecat

penrosecat

Playa Potato

• Members
  • 3 posts

around here people take up hobbies to have a cv point

i personally don't have any hobbies apart from the unmentionables: manga, anime, games, pr0n, stalking, judging etc. (and these days the manga and anime have dried up, memories remain)

to be honest i dont want free time to feel like work and in any case i give my 100% at work time and have good communication skills (because of my understanding of the problems misunderstandings lead to from manga/or otherwise) so why do i still need hobbies to get a job? just because everyone else has them and somehow what you do outside work is important to job providers

PItiful Boar

PItiful Boar

Soppy Potato

• Members
  • 198 posts

I occasionally fire up my emulators and play the video games from the past, just to relive the fun. Half the fun is trying to locate those old files somewhere on my backup hard drive.

The best hobby imo is just interestingly enough, organizing. I've got so much junk on my computer that I think I should start deleting. I gather them and I don't get to them. I think I have a bunch of humble bundle books that I still have yet read.

pokari

pokari

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 69 posts

around here people take up hobbies to have a cv point

i personally don't have any hobbies apart from the unmentionables: manga, anime, games, pr0n, stalking, judging etc. (and these days the manga and anime have dried up, memories remain)

to be honest i dont want free time to feel like work and in any case i give my 100% at work time and have good communication skills (because of my understanding of the problems misunderstandings lead to from manga/or otherwise) so why do i still need hobbies to get a job? just because everyone else has them and somehow what you do outside work is important to job providers

This is roughly how I feel about it as well, at least with regards to the idea that you need them for job interviews and such. =_=; Like, can at least my spare time not be dedicated towards work? Can you please respect that maybe I want to have a life of my own, that I don't want to dance like a monkey and be an "interesting person" for someone else's entertainment during that time?

The dark side to this is that most hobbies that make you really "interesting" are expensive. Heck if you can afford it just traveling all over the world on near-constant vacation makes you "interesting". Ugh. So it's also just veiled classism, as is often the case.

The best hobby imo is just interestingly enough, organizing. I've got so much junk on my computer that I think I should start deleting. I gather them and I don't get to them.

This is definitely not me. XD I just let everything build up and occasionally use programs to look for files/directories that take up a lot of space (i.e. WinDirStat or equivalent programs) if I need to free up space. And then, every once in a while, buy a bigger hard drive and clone over to it. XD

Edited by pokari, 17 July 2019 - 05:10 AM.

PItiful Boar

PItiful Boar

Soppy Potato

• Members
  • 198 posts

i'm thinking of calling my pc's Rei, Shinji, and Asuka

pokari

pokari

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 69 posts
I think one of my sister's laptops was Kaoru. In the days of old she was a member of the Kaoru/Shinji shipping fandom, mind.

(The timing is somehow extra amusing to me because I've seen people dragging the ancient "suki = like or love, is Shinji gay or not?" debate out on Twitter because, it would seem, Netflix went back to the old controversial (and objectively bad) translation of that one line in the original series. ...If you don't know what I'm talking about it's fine, it's just really nostalgic to have people fighting about this again okay XD)

PItiful Boar

PItiful Boar

Soppy Potato

• Members
  • 198 posts

ewww your sister's a fujoshiiiiiiii

pokari

pokari

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 69 posts
Are you forgetting that I read a lot of the gays as well? oxo;

Well, I don't know if I count as a proper fu-anything since I don't really participate in shipping fandom of any sort, but, depending on your definitions...

Edited by pokari, 18 July 2019 - 06:06 PM.

PItiful Boar

PItiful Boar

Soppy Potato

• Members
  • 198 posts

but you're not a fujoshii … not unless you somehow gender swap in an iseikai

also BL on the battlefield is ok... band of brothers, saving private ryan

penrosecat

penrosecat

Playa Potato

• Members
  • 3 posts

ewww your sister's a fujoshiiiiiiii

huh this is old news

PItiful Boar

PItiful Boar

Soppy Potato

• Members
  • 198 posts

Was it old news? My memory isn't what it used to be... but on the plus note, my neuroticism has gone down too.

pokari

pokari

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 69 posts

huh this is old news

Yush X3

Was it old news? My memory isn't what it used to be... but on the plus note, my neuroticism has gone down too.

I remember learning that many antipsychotics have the side effect of literally shrinking one's brain a little and being horrified.

(I'm not on antipsychotics but a relative was briefly)

PItiful Boar

PItiful Boar

Soppy Potato

• Members
  • 198 posts

urgh those pills have such bad side effects, probably should be used as last resort

pokari

pokari

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 69 posts
So it would seem :/

Possibly still not as terrifying as that one anti-acne medication, though.

You

You

Savage Potato

• Members
  • 3,262 posts

tumblr_static_tumblr_static_9e1zrqkbvu8s

pokari

pokari

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 69 posts
°

penrosecat

penrosecat

Playa Potato

• Members
  • 3 posts

bottom text

pokari

pokari

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 69 posts
Uke book? .-.

You

You

Savage Potato

• Members
  • 3,262 posts

tumblr_static_tumblr_static_9e1zrqkbvu8s

pokari

pokari

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 69 posts
_(. .;​)_

Edited by pokari, 20 August 2019 - 02:51 AM.

penrosecat

penrosecat

Playa Potato

• Members
  • 3 posts

so is it good to buy an expensive car when you become rich and famous?