Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

LPW (Last Post Wins) v5

• Please log in to reply
3101 replies to this topic

penrosecat

penrosecat

Playa Potato

• Members
  • 3 posts

oh yeah someone shared that thing

pokari

pokari

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 69 posts
*looks back over long stretch of posts*

Shared which thing? owo;

penrosecat

penrosecat

Playa Potato

• Members
  • 3 posts

oh not here, on some other social media platform, the thing about plastic etc etc

PItiful Boar

PItiful Boar

Soppy Potato

• Members
  • 198 posts

microplastics killing our ocean? old news...

also what game did you make, just curious

pokari

pokari

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 69 posts
I assumed penrowo meant "finished playing" instead of "finished making" with regards to finishing a game though I was thrown off initially myself (because of my occupation).

penrosecat

penrosecat

Playa Potato

• Members
  • 3 posts

microplastics killing our ocean? old news...

also what game did you make, just curious

no no, about plastic eating bacteria being found, world saved, etc etc

I assumed penrowo meant "finished playing" instead of "finished making" with regards to finishing a game though I was thrown off initially myself (because of my occupation).

yeah i messed up :^(

PItiful Boar

PItiful Boar

Soppy Potato

• Members
  • 198 posts

i feel like i will be eaten up by bacteria before bacteria can eat up all the plastics in the world

pokari

pokari

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 69 posts

i feel like i will be eaten up by bacteria before bacteria can eat up all the plastics in the world

You're being eaten up by bacteria all the time, some of them are even friends with your immune system. ~w~

The term "friends with benefits" comes inappropriately to mind

Quite possibly at least your bones will still be around when it happens, though, which is still a stark difference from the million-year lifespan we currently expect from styrofoam particles.

yeah i messed up :^(

You didn't mess up D': You just claimed ownership of a game you were playing in the possessive, which is totally allowed u.u (if ambiguous)

Edited by pokari, 26 June 2019 - 12:40 AM.

penrosecat

penrosecat

Playa Potato

• Members
  • 3 posts

oh it was that kind of mess up

sorry for being sorry, that was totally on you guys for taking it in an unintended way

or something

let's end this mistake arc here

---

i guess plastic doesn't concern people that much, because 'the world will live through this crisis just like before' or something

or is it actually the case that climate change is actually killing us all

pokari

pokari

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 69 posts

oh it was that kind of mess up

sorry for being sorry, that was totally on you guys for taking it in an unintended way

or something

let's end this mistake arc here

kk >w< *hugs*

i guess plastic doesn't concern people that much, because 'the world will live through this crisis just like before' or something

I mean that's not wrong, it just might be a distinctly noticeably shittier world we live in because of it. The only thing we've come up with so far that has a good chance of wiping out humanity as a whole is still the atomic bomb. The sad part is we'll almost definitely actually use those eventually (like given humanity's track record, in the next few hundred years at the most) and then we'll figure out how resilient humans as a race really are ^^;;

or is it actually the case that climate change is actually killing us all

In the case of climate change in particular, I assume (without researching) the dangers to human life in some given several-decades timeframe are roughly in the ballparks of:
- millions or tens of millions of people may die from direct climate effects (heat, sudden flooding of coastal areas when dikes collapse, extreme weather in general)
- tens of millions, hundreds of millions, or billions of people may die from global ecosystem collapse, depending on how bad it gets. (Billions seems unlikely)
- possibly, hundreds of millions to billions to, in the worst imaginable case, everyone, may die from the resulting global human strife and conflict caused by A ) people migrating out of impacted areas en masse and other similar things that could lead to geopolitical destabilisation B ) the documented tendency for humans to be more irritable (including warmongering) when the temperature is hotter.

(Obviously if it's like this it'll be really hard to attribute a death count accurately even post-facto.)

Edited by pokari, 26 June 2019 - 06:28 PM.

penrosecat

penrosecat

Playa Potato

• Members
  • 3 posts

I guess it's not too worrying either way.

pokari

pokari

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 69 posts
Right.

In terms of long-term cost-benefit analysis we should definitely, as a race, be spending waay more resources dealing with this stuff. And would really suck to be a member of any of the species that's getting crushed under the heel of our indifference (lol, I feel like an evil overlord thinking about it like that ~w~; ). But on an individual level it's only a moderate threat at worst, to most of us; let's say it's more dangerous than skydiving once, but less dangerous than skateboarding down the middle of a busy street once.

Actually probably about as dangerous as having a hobby of skydiving (which isn't that dangerous despite our perception of the danger but is still markedly more dangerous than the humdrum mortal peril of driving to work every day)

...I should try skydiving at some point, I still haven't yet. And I really love flying.

Edited by pokari, 01 July 2019 - 05:36 PM.

PItiful Boar

PItiful Boar

Soppy Potato

• Members
  • 198 posts

You're absolutely right poki. We really need to spend more resources to deal with climate change. In fact, we're gonna build a nice big wall to keep those climate refugees out.

pokari

pokari

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 69 posts
You know, even for people who do get their jollies from giving immigrants the birdie, the funny thing, is we already have a big ugly fence along a good third of the border. I don't know why anyone believes using concrete is going to be drastically more effective.

It would be easier to keep back the ocean with a wall, which is good because that's something we're going to need to do, huh.

Edited by pokari, 01 July 2019 - 06:52 PM.

PItiful Boar

PItiful Boar

Soppy Potato

• Members
  • 198 posts
Nah Wall Street deserves to be flooded

pokari

pokari

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 69 posts
I want to say something in response to that but it's even more depressing so I won't =w=;

PItiful Boar

PItiful Boar

Soppy Potato

• Members
  • 198 posts
They’ve already been flooded once? Ya that was nice

pokari

pokari

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 69 posts
I was thinking more along the lines of: Gradual flooding is something that rich people can escape at leisure.

Edited by pokari, 03 July 2019 - 05:27 AM.

PItiful Boar

PItiful Boar

Soppy Potato

• Members
  • 198 posts
Lol like that movie where they built the arc and the Russian fat cat paid a billion dollars for the ticket

pokari

pokari

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 69 posts
Dunno what movie but yes just like that.

Dragged my family on a 5.5-ish mile hike and found out that that is still slightly far for us (at least once 600-800 feet of elevation climb is also factored in) ~w~

Also my sister ended up with a cold and my father brought back home a nasty tick, so at least a partial party wipeout.

No permanent damage I think, though.