Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

LPW (Last Post Wins) v5

• Please log in to reply
3101 replies to this topic

pokari

pokari

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 69 posts
Why is everyone drawing things on tables? owo;;

To be clear, it's not that I have any objection to other people only reading manga. This is more of a personal identity crisis. ("crisis"; obviously I'm not actually worked up over it. Though, I did deliberately watch some animes in the past week or so. Planet With is nice so far, I always liked Mizukami Satoshi's stuff, even if this one probably isn't his best work).

pokari

pokari

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 69 posts
I just spent the last 24-ish hours with the internet not working, it was horrible ;-;

Actually it wasn't that bad but it's frustrating to keep absent-mindedly reaching for it and having it not be there, also had to change my plabs on how to laze about fir the day :'p

PItiful Boar

PItiful Boar

Soppy Potato

• Members
  • 198 posts
Wow unspeakable evil

penrosecat

penrosecat

Playa Potato

• Members
  • 3 posts

that and not having the wifi connect for unknown reasons sure is bad

plabs

>w<

PItiful Boar

PItiful Boar

Soppy Potato

• Members
  • 198 posts

did not sleep well for some reason

even though it was uninterrupted sleep

Edited by Feishy Pit Boar, 18 March 2019 - 06:40 PM.

pokari

pokari

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 69 posts
I too slept terribly, but I kept waking up so that's no grand mystery in my case ~_~;

PItiful Boar

PItiful Boar

Soppy Potato

• Members
  • 198 posts

did you have too exciting of a night before you go to sleep?

pokari

pokari

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 69 posts
Mmm... it had as mentioned been a day without internet, which might have affected me somehow.

Well, I'm about to try again (sleeping, that is), so wish me luck ^^

PItiful Boar

PItiful Boar

Soppy Potato

• Members
  • 198 posts

i watched made in abyss last night, at the new ICON theater at santa row. It's really remarkably clean, with the cleanest bathroom. The faucet was both a water dispenser and hand dryer.  You got ticket machines to dispense tickets. One high school student to check me in. Another high school student control the lights. Probably the fewest staff I've seen in a theater.

Made in Abyss was decent. The adventure side made it feel like it's made for very young kids. And then the occasional gore and horror made it feel like it's for adults. It's interesting to reconcile that feeling of fascination and horror, side by side. One scene you're looking at the beautiful scenery, with the lush vegetation, and the next scene you see a corpse-eating animal pecking at a human body and mimicking the voice of humans - "help me!" "help!"

The setting of the story is kinda interesting though, about a deep hole in the ground, where you get artifacts that do wonderful things, like resurrecting the dead, or stopping of time. The deeper you go the more the place makes you physically / mentally ill. 

Edited by Feishy Pit Boar, 21 March 2019 - 09:02 PM.

pokari

pokari

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 69 posts
I found the manga for Made in Abyss very unnerving from the moment they stuck the little girl naked in a cage, and kind of just walked away from it somewhere in the first chapter or so and never came back.

Everything I've heard in the years since then has simultaneously both piqued my curiosity and confirmed that I probably had the right idea in walking out at the beginning.

PItiful Boar

PItiful Boar

Soppy Potato

• Members
  • 198 posts

can't read mangas these days... too lazy to scroll ... just watching anime

pokari

pokari

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 69 posts
I did watch some more anime recently... I liked Eldlive (I refuse to butcher that capitalization like the official series name does) more than I expected to, though if I'd realized who it was by, I would have come in with high-ish expectations and been disappointed instead.

(Note that I'm specifically not saying it's good or bad. Objectively I'd probably call it bad, but that's not the point, I'm just talking about whether I liked it or not.)

Edited by pokari, 25 March 2019 - 05:29 AM.

penrosecat

penrosecat

Playa Potato

• Members
  • 3 posts

I started reading lots of manga at random out of boredom

It's actually more fun, kind of like when you first stop listening to the same song for 6 weeks in a row and switch to a random playlist, except I hadn't really been reading any manga for a while.

By the way, the manga about the mom with the double hit ability got an anime, so that was nice.

Kind of feels bad as a manga reader to see the series you found first suddenly being talked about by everyone, like nobody was around when it was actually out (not even I in this case but whatever)

Recently I figured out that a lot of people are actually casual anime watchers, what with high school dxd (ugh) being thrown around in the halls today, I drowned in the cringe. These kind of people who ask you: "What anime do you watch" are the worst because first I don't actually watch anime, and second if what I say isn't ecchi they won't even watch it. Just die already.

Maia

Maia

The Resident Neko

• RP Section Mod
  • 2,441 posts
  • LocationLost in the Echo

I'll be damned, the forums are still frequented....

cei7ea6l_zpsde6a65e1.png

Need staff help? You can go to Staff Support.
Need site help? You can go to Batoto Support.
You can use the Report button if you find anything that is in violation of the Site Rules.
If all else fails you can feel free to send me a PM.

PItiful Boar

PItiful Boar

Soppy Potato

• Members
  • 198 posts

frequented LOL

in other news my DVD fate apocrapha came from Malaysia, after 3 long weeks of travel across many oceans...

Edited by Feishy Pit Boar, 27 March 2019 - 04:12 AM.

pokari

pokari

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 69 posts

Kind of feels bad as a manga reader to see the series you found first suddenly being talked about by everyone, like nobody was around when it was actually out (not even I in this case but whatever)

I also sometimes feel bad when something I liked first gets popular. There's a definite feeling of "I was here first! This one is is mine! You don't even really love it anyway, not properly!" like a jealous lover.

Or sometimes it just feels like losing a small portion of one's identity. Like, before I could've said I liked it and felt like I was expressing something about myself, but...

(Though it's not always bad, sometimes it's also like, "My precious lil' underdog! You made it! Way to go! >w<")

Recently I figured out that a lot of people are actually casual anime watchers, what with high school dxd (ugh) being thrown around in the halls today, I drowned in the cringe. These kind of people who ask you: "What anime do you watch" are the worst because first I don't actually watch anime, and second if what I say isn't ecchi they won't even watch it. Just die already.

*hugs*

If you want someone who will instead reject a lot of things out of hand for being ecchi, instead, you know where to find me :'3

But yeah, I found out really quickly every time that I tried it, that talking with the average openly-interested-in-anime person just leaves me shaking my head and thinking, "dear god, please tell me this isn't how I come across to others x': "

in other news my DVD fate apocrapha came from Malaysia, after 3 long weeks of travel across many oceans...

Fate, huh...

Not thirty minutes ago my mother was talking about how ancient Scandinavians used human and animal bones when forging weapons with the idea that it would empower the weapons with the spirits of the dead, but actually that meant they were making very crude steel (Possibly from this article)

...I couldn't help but think, "I am the bone of my sword..." *facepalm*

I'll be damned, the forums are still frequented....

With a post-apocalypitc half-life of about three-to-five months so far, I think, so we'll see how this goes. I admit, I was not expecting to get to, let alone past, the anniversary of Batoto's death—just goes to say you never know :'3

Edited by pokari, 27 March 2019 - 05:44 AM.

PItiful Boar

PItiful Boar

Soppy Potato

• Members
  • 198 posts

The bone of the sword  sounds like something that came out of Freud 

Fate apocraphal is a hodgepodge of everything thrown together... it's good as background noise but not much everything else

penrosecat

penrosecat

Playa Potato

• Members
  • 3 posts

Fate apocraphal is a hodgepodge of everything thrown together... it's good as background noise but not much everything else

Maybe I don't explore much because I fear my time will be wasted doing something that turned out to be background noise

Well whatever

pokari

pokari

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 69 posts
Isn't "exploring" the very act of going out looking for something that isn't background noise?

...or maybe not, that was just my first reaction.

PItiful Boar

PItiful Boar

Soppy Potato

• Members
  • 198 posts

woke up at 5 something this morning ... and i'm still ok, for some reason