Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

LPW (Last Post Wins) v5

• Please log in to reply
3101 replies to this topic

PItiful Boar

PItiful Boar

Soppy Potato

• Members
  • 198 posts
Dehydrated
Maybe swimming an hour and drinking chlorine wasn’t a good thing

pokari

pokari

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 69 posts
I like the taste of swimming pool, it has positive associations in my mind ~w~

(Much like the smell of extinguished candles and matches)

Edited by pokari, 24 January 2019 - 06:30 PM.

PItiful Boar

PItiful Boar

Soppy Potato

• Members
  • 198 posts
Y I even bother

pokari

pokari

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 69 posts
*headpat* I'm sorry :/

PItiful Boar

PItiful Boar

Soppy Potato

• Members
  • 198 posts
Not your fauy
Fault

PItiful Boar

PItiful Boar

Soppy Potato

• Members
  • 198 posts
Now I’m getting up at five

PItiful Boar

PItiful Boar

Soppy Potato

• Members
  • 198 posts

I remember I use to sleep at 11 and wake up at 7 pretty regularly

then they pulled the daylight savings thing, and it seems like I never adjusted - I would sleep and wake up in the middle of the night like 4 and then fall asleep after an hour or two

pokari

pokari

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 69 posts
I used to sleep at 8 or 9 and wake up at 5 or 6. That was before college though ~w~;;

penrosecat

penrosecat

Playa Potato

• Members
  • 3 posts

Nice warm saturday :3

Working and playing in equal measure, enjoying life.

-----

I like saturday more than sunday, because the presence of sunday afterwards feels reassuring. Kind of like how the second last chicken nugget tastes better than the last one, cause all you think after the last one is how there aren't any more left.

PItiful Boar

PItiful Boar

Soppy Potato

• Members
  • 198 posts
Agreed
Although chicken nuggets are kinda meh imo

pokari

pokari

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 69 posts
>w<

I hadn't actually noticed the thing about the second-to-last nugget. owo But it rings true. (I have observed several related phenomena, though, it should be said uwu)

penrosecat

penrosecat

Playa Potato

• Members
  • 3 posts

haa~to

PItiful Boar

PItiful Boar

Soppy Potato

• Members
  • 198 posts

:( cold?

it was freezing last night

so cold that i dreamt about a shower over my bed and it was drenching me during sleep, and i was like, why can't i reach up and turn off the faucet

pokari

pokari

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 69 posts

haa~to

<3

:( cold?
it was freezing last night
so cold that i dreamt about a shower over my bed and it was drenching me during sleep, and i was like, why can't i reach up and turn off the faucet

It's always interesting what we can and can't do during dreams. I've definitely had dreams like that (I mean, not specifically that, but) where for instance getting my limbs to move at all seems to be almost impossible in the dream.

I don't think my dreams tend to do metaphors about my physical condition like that, though. Not unless I was thinking about it a lot when I went to sleep or during the day before, anyway.

PItiful Boar

PItiful Boar

Soppy Potato

• Members
  • 198 posts
Watching assault girls by Mamoru Oshii
Hard to believe the man made this garbage

Why is his anime so good and his life action so gross

pokari

pokari

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 69 posts
It's always interesting what does or doesn't make a particular authour or creator tick; good stories can be created by so very different processes. And the results, by extension, are sometimes influenced by the strangest things.

And it's often not just one person who's really responsible for a work, even if it looks that way from outside. Consider for instance that behind most paper-published authors there is an editor. Sometimes an author becomes well-established enough that they are free to ignore their editor's demands, and then we find out whether all along they were an author that needed an editor to reign them in, or an author that was held back by one.

Who Oshii work with when he makes anime? How does he interact with live actors? How does he approach executing an animated script vs. a live one? There's a lot of places things could go differently for very chaotic reasons.

(For the record I haven't seen any of his live action stuff. For the purposes of the argument I'm assuming your assessment is correct.)

PItiful Boar

PItiful Boar

Soppy Potato

• Members
  • 198 posts

I'll save you (and your brain cells) the horror... it's science mystery 3000 worthy ... a measly 3.8 on imdb 

but rinko kuchiki was in it, of kaiju fame

i really don't get what people see in beauty slaying beasts

i mean, really? shouldn't it be the other way around lol

in other news, i watched i want to eat your pancrease yesterday

there was actually a theatre nearby and i spent 12 dollars and two hours of my life watching the usual drama of girl with fatal terminal illness of the pancreatic kind (I guess it's more romantic than spleen cancer ) slowly making the hikimori mc into more socially conventional (reaching out to people, making friends, etc..)

pokari

pokari

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 69 posts
They made a movie of that?

I remember glancing at the summary of the manga, considering how shamelessly provocative the title was, glancing at the comments and confirming it was yet another "girl with terminal illness" heart-grab plot, and resolving never to read it.

The problem I find is that, be it critics, award panels, or the average bloke on tue street—everyone finds the existential contemplation of death to be extremely moving, and so become blind to the fact that a lot of things like this aren't as mich well-written as they are provocatively-written (i.e. the author isn't bothered by upsetting the audience, for good or ill).

That's not to dismiss everything that's tragic as poorly written—to take an extreme example I'll readily defend Grave of the Fireflies as a masterpiece, but it was actually well written and, on top of that, actually presented a lot of food for thought, far beyond what I expect from a standard girl-has-terminal-illness flick which mostly boils down to "sometimes people you love die and there's nothing you can do about it except cope"—which is an emotionally powerful message but not really news to anyone.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, I've seen a lot of well-reviewed stuff where it's obviously only held in high regard because it's tragic; where it's blatantly obvious that the sole goal of the artist is to pull at your heartstrings and the tools used to do so are not particularly sophisticated.

PItiful Boar

PItiful Boar

Soppy Potato

• Members
  • 198 posts
Yeah well giggling high school girls and the comic industry catered to them has to make a living somehow

That or the shonen power of friendship and super saiyan level ups

But I was surprised the theatre had a showings though
Granted not many people know about it
I’d say around thirty or so
I think they have fate stay night heaven feel part two coming in March
Think I’ll check it out

pokari

pokari

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 69 posts
I've found that I feel really weird watching anime in theatres. I need piracy, or something that at least aesthetically resembles piracy, to feel normal.

Paper manga is fine though.