Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

LPW (Last Post Wins) v5

• Please log in to reply
3101 replies to this topic

PItiful Boar

PItiful Boar

Soppy Potato

• Members
  • 198 posts

croatia of all people beating argentina

penrosecat

penrosecat

Playa Potato

• Members
  • 3 posts

on days like these you need extra bounciness

PItiful Boar

PItiful Boar

Soppy Potato

• Members
  • 198 posts
Literally downloaded a bunch of hentai rn

sjoe

sjoe

Potato

• Members
  • 160 posts
  • LocationUnder a rock.
Wow, they did? Damn.

pokari

pokari

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 69 posts
I remember I mentioned the saliva-as-disinfectant trope a while back and everyone had no idea what I was talking about, so here's a manga with a typical and fairly benign example in Ch. 1:

https://mangadex.org/manga/20847/honey-come-honey

Spoiler

PItiful Boar

PItiful Boar

Soppy Potato

• Members
  • 198 posts

so if nigeria beats iceland and argentina beats nigeria then argentina would still advance to round of 16

brazil is ofc perennial but argentina is not far behind

penrosecat

penrosecat

Playa Potato

• Members
  • 3 posts
There was a manga about a gay emperor

The chapters stopped before any developments though

The wound licking, isn't the guy supposed to be shy. She's already that important to him. Ew.

PItiful Boar

PItiful Boar

Soppy Potato

• Members
  • 198 posts

not surprised, got a few of roman emperors who were gay, hadrian for example

penrosecat

penrosecat

Playa Potato

• Members
  • 3 posts
Of course it's shoujo so the guy will be a bit unusually aggressive, but hmm.

PItiful Boar

PItiful Boar

Soppy Potato

• Members
  • 198 posts

aggressive is putting it lightly

it weirds me out that so many shoujo go for consensual rape

Edited by Feishy Pit Boar, 22 June 2018 - 07:32 PM.

penrosecat

penrosecat

Playa Potato

• Members
  • 3 posts
It makes me wonder if girls actually want hot guys to do that

PItiful Boar

PItiful Boar

Soppy Potato

• Members
  • 198 posts

it makes me wonder if women mangaka aren't getting laid and are channeling their sexual repression

Edited by Feishy Pit Boar, 22 June 2018 - 08:17 PM.

pokari

pokari

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 69 posts
Obviously, only some girls like assertive men. Though it doesn't seem to be particularly uncommon.

And a small subset seem to like way too aggressive men. But a large enough subset to have a market. The same can be said of some men (like liking yanderes) though.

And a large subset of women seem to like way way way too aggressive men, so long as there are no women involved (*points to the worst of the yaoi shelf*).

I honestly don't get it either though. Well, I "get" the appeal of an assertive partner just fine, it's when it goes off the deep end / becomes destructive and uncaring that I get really puzzled by the fan-squealing.

penrosecat

penrosecat

Playa Potato

• Members
  • 3 posts
I like those yaoi guys too

Their passion is justified and in character

pokari

pokari

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 69 posts

it makes me wonder if women mangaka aren't getting laid and are channeling their sexual repression

If so, the symptoms aren't nearly as bad as in the male mangakas =.=

Though I don't think all horrible taste can be traced to repression. Some people just have really bad taste all on their own.

I like those yaoi guys too
Their passion is justified and in character

I'm specifically referring to yaoi having a worst-in-class tendency to go, "oh, no, rape is totally fine as an expression of love."

I don't know if you read the sort of yaoi I'm thinking of. I certainly try not to.

penrosecat

penrosecat

Playa Potato

• Members
  • 3 posts
No, I don't think I've read yaoi that intense. Probably wouldn't like it.

pokari

pokari

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 69 posts
I would be a little concerned if you did like it, to be honest o.o

That part of the genre is a large part of why you can find some English-language webtoon people going, "my gay comic is not yaoi, yaoi is vapid and demeaning."

My impression (both from what other people say and from my own glimpses) is that yaoi has calmed the **** down over the years and that sort of stuff is much less "expected" than it used to be—and heartwarming stuff is much more common.

If so, that might actually vaguely parallel some trends in reality, too, come to think of it—thirty or forty years ago, I've heard, the sort of gay movement they had near here in San Francisco was known to be much more of a kinky, leather straps and bondage sort of deal than it is now. Once more people started to accept you could be gay without being a deviant, things kind of mellowed out (though, to be clear, the leather straps and bondage types are still there too. Which is fine, of course, for those that choose that lifestyle. It's just having a normal, but gay, romance is now considered, well, normal.)

Edited by pokari, 22 June 2018 - 08:51 PM.

PItiful Boar

PItiful Boar

Soppy Potato

• Members
  • 198 posts

that's some interesting psychology there, external social repression leading to extreme self mortification

not the same as fujoshi's getting their aggression kicks tho

pokari

pokari

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 69 posts
It seems that for reasons which I guess are fairly obvious, whenever I see that BL manhua that popped up yesterday (?) called "Chemistry has Reactions", I'm going to think of Penrose. ~w~

The manga itself doesn't seem quite to my tastes, sadly, though I only glanced at it. A little too steamy, not the type of chemistry I most enjoy.

Edited by pokari, 23 June 2018 - 04:45 PM.

penrosecat

penrosecat

Playa Potato

• Members
  • 3 posts

>people messing up chemistry everywhere

:feelssadman:

I suppose it has become a lewd-ish subject these days. (With chemistry teachers being portrayed as the most laid back.)

So is it this?

https://mangadex.org/manga/28500/chemistry-has-reactions