Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

vatoto.com is up

• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

Poll: vatoto.com is up (261 member(s) have cast votes)

Which one sounds better?

1. Voted bato.to (185 votes [70.88%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 70.88%

2. Voted vatoto.com (76 votes [29.12%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 29.12%

Vote Guests cannot vote

Munga61

Munga61

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • LocationGermany

@RawR: Thank You that you safed the Database. I thought that ich had lost my Readlinglist. Really thanks a lot.

P.s:: Sry for my bad English.

Grumpy

Grumpy

RawR

• Administrators
  • 4,078 posts
  • LocationHere of course!

The number of people calling me RawR since the announcement of closure is truly amazing.

ROTFLMAOMAGNETS

ROTFLMAOMAGNETS

Robot Maid

• Contrib Mods
  • 767 posts

The number of people calling me RawR since the announcement of closure is truly amazing.

at least you weren't called robot maid, equine or potato o:

Global-Mod-in-Disguise

怒りの鉄拳!正義の鉄拳! 悪を打ち砕くために ijqDjd4OWWdmm.gif

<Daktyl button>

Habit: moving off-topic talks to this thread

| Batoto FAQ (WIP) |

| KeyNote || TheSage |

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts
  • Locationunderground like a wild potato

Oh, has it actually been a lot? Far out......I'd seen it but just the once (and maybe another time or two since then), and that was over on MangaUpdates........took forever for me to even figure out where they were getting it from :D

Tn7HA0h.png

Trebor

Trebor

Voice to the Voiceless

• Administrators
  • 1,918 posts
  • LocationUSA

Okay vatoto is okay but i cant rly easily say "V"atoto rather than "B"atoto bc of retainers i still havent gotten used to it

so is this still the same? like, mangas, comics, and other reading stuffs?

Can you make your post any more illegible? I can still almost read it.

Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri

αρняσɖιтє

αρняσɖιтє

Baked Potato

• Appreciation Scans
  • 1,148 posts
  • LocationFish bowl

If my opinion matters, I think it should just stay as it is. It'll be a memory for bato.to but for now, I'd suggest it to stay as vatoto.com instead.

Third year of college

groups I work for:

Spoiler

Leentje

Leentje

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts

Only just found out.

Thanks for having it, for making my reading easy and giving me a proper place to test-read manga, which i then most of times bought.

Enjoy your free time, and then fill it up with something new!

gothicshark

gothicshark

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 10 posts
  • LocationMarina Del Rey, California

Maybe it's where I live but Vatoto sounds like Vato to my head. 

In case you do not know what vato is. It's spanglish for dude. 

So now my mind is seeing 'dude to' just saying. 

On a side note, curious who purchased the old domain. Are they Manga people, spammers, or just boring business types? 

Hasya

Hasya

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 16 posts

Who bought batoto ?

αρняσɖιтє

αρняσɖιтє

Baked Potato

• Appreciation Scans
  • 1,148 posts
  • LocationFish bowl

It seems the original staff team bought it.

Third year of college

groups I work for:

Spoiler

Grumpy

Grumpy

RawR

• Administrators
  • 4,078 posts
  • LocationHere of course!

Who bought batoto ?

I don't know. Whole process is anonymous and handled through the third party (sedo).

OMGWTFBBQPONIES

OMGWTFBBQPONIES

Equine non grata

• Members
  • 3,853 posts
  • LocationSan Escobar

It seems the original staff team bought it.

where did you find such claim?

Mod-in-Disguise

FlQCNQa.gif

You <3

Whoever decided to delete this was an idiot.

| Handwritten kanji recognition || KanjiTomo || Kanji converter || J<->E Dictionary |

Hasya

Hasya

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 16 posts

I don't know. Whole process is anonymous and handled through the third party (sedo).

Ohk

So nothing is know about what they will do with the site ?

Do they plan on making batoto or did they just buy the domain name and not the content ?

(i dont know much about how this buy and sell of domain etc wrk , do they evn buy up the site ..)

Edited by Hydrous, 28 January 2018 - 06:18 AM.

OMGWTFBBQPONIES

OMGWTFBBQPONIES

Equine non grata

• Members
  • 3,853 posts
  • LocationSan Escobar

Ohk

So nothing is know about what they will do with the site ?

Do they plan on making batoto or did they just buy the domain name and not the content ?

(i dont know much about how this buy and sell of domain etc wrk , do they evn buy up the site ..)

they bought just the address with nothing attached to it. batoto itself went through several domain changes in the past and bato.to was just the newest one.

... is kinda like changing company's phone number? someone else will get the old one and the actual company will have a different new one, and there may be some old company-related ads and documents around the country and someone who hasn't contacted the company recently and doesn't know about the change may call the old number mentioned in those and find out they have the wrong one.

Mod-in-Disguise

FlQCNQa.gif

You <3

| Handwritten kanji recognition || KanjiTomo || Kanji converter || J<->E Dictionary |

bugger

bugger

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts
Just found out. I'm sad to see the site gone, though understand Grumpy's reason. It's a shame it could not be transferred to some existing site-mod group / such, and I hope whoever acquired it won't ultimately use it for malicious purposes. Anyway, so long and thanks for all the fish!

flonejhay

flonejhay

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 2 posts

does vatoto.com have all the mangas from bato.to ? whenever i try to search manga using the search bar, it's giving me the complete list of the manga in this site ? and whenever i click show more, it's giving the same list from the above ? 

"泣いて暮らすも一緒、笑って暮らすも一緒."

Naite kurasu mo issho, waratte kurasu mo issho.

OMGWTFBBQPONIES

OMGWTFBBQPONIES

Equine non grata

• Members
  • 3,853 posts
  • LocationSan Escobar

does vatoto.com have all the mangas from bato.to ? whenever i try to search manga using the search bar, it's giving me the complete list of the manga in this site ? and whenever i click show more, it's giving the same list from the above ? 

umm... I think you missed this here thing:

https://vatoto.com/forums/topic/28840-batoto-will-be-closing-permanently/

Mod-in-Disguise

FlQCNQa.gif

You <3

Guest_MidoriKitzune_von_Kartoffel

Guest_MidoriKitzune_von_Kartoffel
  • Guests

at least you weren't called robot maid, equine or potato o:

You will be forever robot maid to me.

That avatar sticks to much :3.

DeltaReverie

DeltaReverie

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts

Oh...

Well. First post I make here, and may or may not be the only one, since I'm otherwise really nervous to speak in a lotta places...

Thank you so much for creating Batoto, Grumpy. It was amazing while it lasted. Please stay safe, and I wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors!

Evo12

Evo12

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 6 posts
i hope the search functioning again.