Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

ANOTHER SITE LIKE THIS!!! LINK! PLEASE SHARE WITH EVERYONE!

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

Phinisher

Phinisher

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 2 posts

There is another Manga Site that looks like it could be something special like Batoto was for all of us.

Tetrasky in another forum post said this and we need to draw more attention to it!

Go to that website and talk to all the scanlators that you know, we can keep on going, just on a different site if needed. Something similar happened to a different site that I frequented (though YoManga was muddled in a pit of controversy to go with it) and they managed to migrate and stay strong despite losing the initial site. 

WE CAN DO THE SAME!!! DON'T GIVE UP, JUST GET UP!

Here's hoping https://mangadex.com will be able to attract scanlators and increase their repertoire. It seems to be starting nicely so far. 

If anyone can succeed Batoto, it's Doki.

SushiAddiction

SushiAddiction

Potato

• Members
  • 111 posts

It does look good.

If only batoto would let the manga images be mirrored to this site. Such a waste to just delete them or leave them in private hands only.

Still a very good place to start again.

Can't get enough Isekai? Check out the Isekai list for every manga on batoto. Follow for updates.

Kagajaki

Kagajaki

Potato Sprout

• Donator
  • 1 posts

thank's a lot hope many people see this and start there. A site where Translators are named is so rare.

delete

delete

Potato Sprout

• Validating
  • 7 posts

If they could add forum and activity list of popular series to mangadex it would be great.

Ookami-kun

Ookami-kun

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts

One step at a time, one step at a time. The developer of the site is planning on adding features as time moves on. Right now, it just needs exposure.

That being said, I'm gonna wait and see if this takes off. It's a promising project, but the community is fracturing, and I'd rather not follow a dead end.

pokari

pokari

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 69 posts

One step at a time, one step at a time. The developer of the site is planning on adding features as time moves on. Right now, it just needs exposure.

That being said, I'm gonna wait and see if this takes off. It's a promising project, but the community is fracturing, and I'd rather not follow a dead end.

If the community is "fracturing," do you know where else it's fracturing towards?

Like when nyaa went down there was the pantsu/si succession war, but I don't know any other operating contenders for filling the gap made by batoto yet? (Though I've heard of a couple that haven't been finished and launched, I guess)

Yotanwa

Yotanwa

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 8 posts

Edited by Yotanwa, 19 January 2018 - 12:07 AM.

Wolvenworks

Wolvenworks

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 47 posts
  • LocationJakarta

FYI, Mangadex.com is blocked by Telkom. so if you're using Telkom-based internet (eg: IndiHome), it's a no-go. blame it on all those conservatives in the govvy making such a very loose interpretation of "offensive content" (coincidentally, those guys also loosely defined "religious blasphemy")

Edited by Wolvenworks, 19 January 2018 - 02:29 AM.

Z128329.png

ixlone

ixlone

Potato Spud

• Contributor
  • 20 posts

If they could add forum and activity list of popular series to mangadex it would be great.

Both are included on the to do list, just bear with us while we get stuff sorted. A lot of the reported bugs were fixed today so new features will be coming soon.

thank's a lot hope many people see this and start there. A site where Translators are named is so rare.

Crediting people for their work is only fair! Sure as hell beats compressing their releases, throwing on a watermark and removing all mention of them... Sup aggregator sites.

hungryvidd

hungryvidd

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 7 posts

FYI, Mangadex.com is blocked by Telkom. so if you're using Telkom-based internet (eg: IndiHome), it's a no-go. blame it on all those conservatives in the govvy making such a very loose interpretation of "offensive content" (coincidentally, those guys also loosely defined "religious blasphemy")

This makes me very sad...

Both are included on the to do list, just bear with us while we get stuff sorted. A lot of the reported bugs were fixed today so new features will be coming soon.

Crediting people for their work is only fair! Sure as hell beats compressing their releases, throwing on a watermark and removing all mention of them... Sup aggregator sites.

Seems like you're one of the devs? Thank you very much for the hard work.

And uhh, a little question about the site, just as Wolvenworks said, our country kinda blocked it and just now I registered on mangadex using a proxy.
Is there any problem with that? Like I will not be getting activation code or whatnot, because I used the resend activation code button twice and still not getting the code. (and yeah I will just send an email if I still not getting anything in the next hour)

SushiAddiction

SushiAddiction

Potato

• Members
  • 111 posts
proxy does not affect registration. It works behind a vpn too.

mail server or something that handles registration could be a little slow or temporarily offline.

about site block
Can't you just change your DNS? Should work. Google it.

Can't get enough Isekai? Check out the Isekai list for every manga on batoto. Follow for updates.

hungryvidd

hungryvidd

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 7 posts

proxy does not affect registration. It works behind a vpn too.

mail server or something that handles registration could be a little slow or temporarily offline.

about site block
Can't you just change your DNS? Should work. Google it.

Well, I'm asking just in case, because I recall a certain website does not allow the user to use proxies. Idk why and don't ask me which site.

Yeah changing DNS used to work like wonder, but it seems like *they* got smarter in blocking the sites...
So yeah that DNS changing thing does not work anymore here *shrugs*

ixlone

ixlone

Potato Spud

• Contributor
  • 20 posts
Proxy is fine, yeah.

Emails should be working now, if not just email us for a code.

hungryvidd

hungryvidd

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 7 posts

Proxy is fine, yeah.

Emails should be working now, if not just email us for a code.

Thank you very much. God bless you. *bow*

Thalon

Thalon

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 3 posts

Its success will depend only on how many scanlation groups will move there and upload there their mangas.

Only time will confirm that, now I see a bit of activity, but don't see many big names in the groups list.

SushiAddiction

SushiAddiction

Potato

• Members
  • 111 posts

So yeah that DNS changing thing does not work anymore here *shrugs*

Did you ever test DNSCrypt?

Alad

Alad

Potato Sprout

• Contributor
  • 8 posts

There're some manga-style non-Asian comics (they're intentionally manga-style) here on Bato.to.

I remember one about a ninja in an American high school, for example.

Any way to include those?

OMGWTFBBQPONIES

OMGWTFBBQPONIES

Equine non grata

• Members
  • 3,853 posts
  • LocationSan Escobar

There're some manga-style non-Asian comics (they're intentionally manga-style) here on Bato.to.

I remember one about a ninja in an American high school, for example.

Any way to include those?

https://vatoto.com/forums/topic/28847-new-manga-site-like-batoto/page-7#entry1858560

Mod-in-Disguise

FlQCNQa.gif

You <3

Whoever decided to delete this was an idiot.

| Handwritten kanji recognition || KanjiTomo || Kanji converter || J<->E Dictionary |

xaraphina

xaraphina

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 4 posts

Credit is a given, but the reason they like/ed batoto was because their release delays were respected and the releases weren't altered for the sites convenience. Not sure how mangadex is setup, but it looks like everyone and their mother can upload anything as they please. No group is going to endorse that practice as it's only catering to readers, which is nothing like batoto.

SushiAddiction

SushiAddiction

Potato

• Members
  • 111 posts

Credit is a given, but ....

Site is under development. Features keep being added. Maybe delay is on the list eventually. MangaDex is working on lots of batoto functions

As for the rest, wait and see what happens to batoto's DB and images. It's the same situation. Are they going to upload it somewhere and will they ask permission from every scanlator? I get what you are saying but it's not practical.

A few groups have already taken over their group entries on MangaDex. This seems to suggest things are moving in the right direction.

Edited by SushiAddiction, 20 January 2018 - 03:09 PM.