Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Please help me get my follows list

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

purpleTears

purpleTears

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 2 posts

This is truepurple. I was outrageously hard banned. I have sent multiple emails to Grumpy's admin email address and gotten no response, with the first one being weeks ago. I would be patient and not resort to this if it weren't for things running out of time. 

Please   :batoto_015: unhard ban me so I may copy my extensive follows list. I won't post anything, you could always just ban my posting while allowing me access to my list anyway. Everything is going down anyway. There is no reason to refuse aside from pure maliciousness.

Edited by purpleTears, 16 January 2018 - 09:45 PM.

Trebor

Trebor

Voice to the Voiceless

• Administrators
  • 1,918 posts
  • LocationUSA

Outrageously banned. Outrageously!

I would never be malicious. I don't believe in retributive punishment.

On the other hand, I believe strongly in restorative justice and rehabilitation.

You weren't banned randomly or on a whim. There were good and valid reasons that you were banned, seeing as your disciplinary history spanned over 6 years, given warnings by 6 moderators/admins, and you were a common name even outside of the moderation team.

How can I unban you given the above? Consistent with the ideals of restorative justice and rehabilitation, to earn an unbanning you must demonstrate the following: (1) an acknowledgment of your harmful actions (specific examples of your harmful actions are required; quotes are recommended), (2) the reason that your actions were harmful, and (3) a recognition of the negative impact that your actions have had on other users (in other words, contrition or an apology [a recognition of moral responsibility for wrongs done]).

You must demonstrate the above in the form of an essay.

Substantive requirements

- Demonstrate acknowledgement of specific instances of wrongful actions

- Demonstrate understanding of the reasons why the actions above were wrongful

- Demonstrate contrition and the recognition of the impact your actions had on other users

- Demonstrate understanding of why this essay is restorative and rehabilitative and not retributive. (Requirement added 2018-01-17 0452 UTC)

Formatting requirements

- Written in word processing or desktop publishing software (Microsoft Word, LaTeX, Adobe InDesign, etc.). Free-flowing text (such as forum post) or unformatted text (such as plain text) are unacceptable.

- Formatted for US Letter or A4 paper

- Approximately one inch margins

- Approximately 12 to 14 point sized font

- Serif or monospaced font suitable for reading. Times New Roman and Courier New are baseline fonts, but you may use any appropriate font 

- Double spaced

- Grammar and punctuation counts

- No maximum length. Length must be sufficient to demonstrate all points above. A guideline minimum of 1,500 words (approximately 5-6 pages) is suggested.

Submission

- Delivered in PDF format only. 

- Posted either publicly here or sent by email to trebor at batoto dot com. If you are sending it to my email, you will need to notify me in this thread that you have emailed me.

P.S.: In case there is any confusion, the thread describing ban appeals is slightly incorrect. This is not a "hard ban" and I do have the power to reverse it.

Edited by Trebor, 17 January 2018 - 05:02 AM.

Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri

NZPIEFACE

NZPIEFACE

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 79 posts
  • LocationTake a guess

On the other hand, I believe strongly in restorative justice and rehabilitation.

You weren't banned randomly or on a whim. There were good and valid reasons that you were banned, seeing as your disciplinary history spanned over 6 years, given warnings by 6 moderators/admins, and you were a common name even outside of the moderation team.

How can I unban you given the above? Consistent with the ideals of restorative justice and rehabilitation, to earn an unbanning you must demonstrate the following: (1) an acknowledgment of your harmful actions (specific examples of your harmful actions are required; quotes are recommended), (2) the reason that your actions were harmful, and (3) a recognition of the negative impact that your actions have had on other users (in other words, contrition or an apology [a recognition of moral responsibility for wrongs done]).

You must demonstrate the above in the form of an essay.

Spoiler

Man, and I thought nothing good could come of Batoto closing down.

Thanks for proving me wrong.

Edit: Also, I must say, I think this essay should be public, as this is essentially an apology letter to show how he'll change his conduct. And if it's an apology, should it not be the people he's wronged the ones to read it?

Edited by NZPIEFACE, 17 January 2018 - 02:35 AM.

Keep scrolling, nothing here

Fembot

Fembot

Global Moderator

• The Company
  • 1,048 posts
[Snip]

The hero we need, but don't deserve, in Batoto's darkest hours.

All hail Trebor the Great.

purpleTears

purpleTears

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 2 posts
P.S.: In case there is any confusion, the thread describing ban appeals is slightly incorrect. This is not a "hard ban" and I do have the power to reverse it.

According to one of the threads for the forum for when you can't create an account,(which I am not going to bother tracking down)  it means all the mechanic definitions of a hard ban. I can not access the site at all when logged in, and I can't even log out. I have to use incognito mode in Chrome to bypass the cookie that keeps me logged in. Well I could just hunt down the cookie and delete it manually but it's not worth the trouble and pretty pointless since my aim is my follows list anyway. The thread details what makes a ban a hard ban, and what I am under fits except for you having the authority to revoke it.

Yeah, it is outrageous.  And it's malicious in many ways, but the most obvious is in that it's mechanically hard ban instead of a soft one. If you think there is something wrong with my post, banning me from posting does the trick.  There is no conceivable reason that is not malicious reason for preventing me from accessing my follows list.

Trebor, your demands are incredibly outrageous and unreasonable. Let's put aside you wanting me to say lies are truth for your own smug satisfaction. Any and all reprimands from any mods have always been incredibly lazy and light on detail, including your single line message for the hard ban about supposedly calling persons stupid in comments, though much more detailed then most reprimands and punishment notes. Yet you want detail in triplicate. All the while I can't even see what posts I have made, so what, from memory you want exact details of stuff that has happened at the minimum of over a month ago? That is an impossible task. And incredibly hypocritical, you want many times the basic detail you and others wouldn't give me. I tried asking for that detail on several occasions and was refused by being blatantly ignored.

And then there is jerks like NZP who have regularly acted in atrocious ways including in this very thread and get a pass. So hypocritical/favoritism too.

I am not even asking you to unban me, I am asking you to change my ban from a hard ban to a soft ban so I still can't post but I can access my follows  list. So what is it, are you that malicious or will you stop holding my follows list hostage with literally impossible and utterly unreasonable demands?

Hey, I have tolerated mod abuse of power and mistreatment for years here having had no choice. You say you aren't malicious? Then please let me have my follows list.

Edited by purpleTears, 17 January 2018 - 04:26 AM.

Trebor

Trebor

Voice to the Voiceless

• Administrators
  • 1,918 posts
  • LocationUSA

The post detailing what a "hard ban" is is incorrect. Anyway, it doesn't much matter. The point is that I can undo it, and I've set out the requirements for doing so.

Anyway. You have your unbanning instructions. You are now banned for ban evasion.

[Edit] I originally gave this account a full ban, but decided to reduce it to a posting ban, since he might need to reference this post for the instructions.

[Edit 2] Your post is an exact demonstration of why this essay is necessary for an unban. I have edited my post to add the additional requirement that you must also explain why this essay is restorative and rehabilitative and not retributive. I will also allow you to receive help in crafting your essay from any person.

Edited by Trebor, 17 January 2018 - 04:55 AM.

Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri

Banevasion?

Banevasion?

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 6 posts
   Hey, I have tolerated mod abuse of power and mistreatment for years here having had no choice. You say you aren't malicious? Then please let me have my follows list.

LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOO

ay unban ay suntan smoking t cookies in the breadpan deadass b

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts
  • Locationunderground like a wild potato

Well, better late than never I suppose. These are your just deserts, truepurple, your actions warranted banning years ago and on numerous occasions.

Hate to kick a man when he's down, but if anyone around here deserves it, well, it'd be you (almost) uncontested.

Tn7HA0h.png

NZPIEFACE

NZPIEFACE

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 79 posts
  • LocationTake a guess

LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Welcome back Isis!

Yeah, it is outrageous.  And it's malicious in many ways, but the most obvious is in that it's mechanically hard ban instead of a soft one. If you think there is something wrong with my post, banning me from posting does the trick.  There is no conceivable reason that is not malicious reason for preventing me from accessing my follows list.

And then there is jerks like NZP who have regularly acted in atrocious ways including in this very thread and get a pass. So hypocritical/favoritism too.

This might sound weird, but the reason why you were banned is the same reason you're not getting unbanned right now.

Also, yeah, have fun with calling me out on that. I'll see you in a few days.

Keep scrolling, nothing here