Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

same or similar "my follows" system as batoto?

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

wazzaby

wazzaby

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 4 posts

I know about the other post looking for a replacement (I grabbed a few sites as well) BUT
I am looking for a site that has the same or at least similar "my follows" as batoto,  where you can see the mangas that you are following being updated (new release on top)  or at least the closest option. because when you have over 100  follows is a royal pain in the back looking for 1 by 1  to read the lasted chapter and creating an account on every goddamn site just for testing isn't really an option for me.

JusticeJules

JusticeJules

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts

Mangakakalot is an option

OMGWTFBBQPONIES

OMGWTFBBQPONIES

Equine non grata

• Members
  • 3,853 posts
  • LocationSan Escobar

you should consider keeping your list somewhere like baka-updates:

Spoiler
you can also add any kind of list you want there (plan to read, dropped, waiting for translation, private hardcore yaoi list gf dun knows about, actually bought these mangu, whatever)

the only time-consuming thing would be to make the initial list; updating stuff as you read is not hard and it should be another-reader-dying-proof. and you wouldn't be tied to using a single site in case you grow tired of it.

Mod-in-Disguise

FlQCNQa.gif

You <3

Whoever decided to delete this was an idiot.

| Handwritten kanji recognition || KanjiTomo || Kanji converter || J<->E Dictionary |

James20

James20

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 4 posts

MangaRock's App is pretty good with the notifications.  And I've also tried the Foxy Manga Reader addon for Firefox.

Bigger issue, how many of your translated manga will even make it to other aggregator sites after batoto goes.

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts
  • Locationunderground like a wild potato

Bigger issue, how many of your translated manga will even make it to other aggregator sites after batoto goes.

Uh, that'd beg the question of do you actually know of anything that's here that isn't already on all the other aggregate sites?

And I'm not being smart with you, it's a serious question, the other sites are continually scraping Batoto for releases, so...........yeah.

Edited by svines85, 15 January 2018 - 05:10 PM.

Tn7HA0h.png

bleachisback

bleachisback

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 2 posts

But if they're scraping batoto to get their releases, what happens when there's no batoto is his point.

Giantess

Giantess

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 417 posts
  • LocationOn top!

you should consider keeping your list somewhere like baka-updates:

Spoiler
you can also add any kind of list you want there (plan to read, dropped, waiting for translation, private hardcore yaoi list gf dun knows about, actually bought these mangu, whatever)

the only time-consuming thing would be to make the initial list; updating stuff as you read is not hard and it should be another-reader-dying-proof. and you wouldn't be tied to using a single site in case you grow tired of it.

That site also has an option to import your follows in "bulk" - just download the CSV of your follows from here, open it in a CSV reader, and paste them into the bulk-add box from that site's "My Lists" page.  They're definitely the easiest place to upload your current Batoto favorites to if just want alerts for updates.

Here, hit the Add Series button, then the Bulk Update button.  Not perfect, but it's better than nothing.

Edited by Giantess, 16 January 2018 - 01:31 AM.

wazzaby

wazzaby

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 4 posts
thanks a lot for your ideas,
well I hate installing extra app just for reading mangas when I can do that by a website.(it feels redundant)

about the backups I will try to use baka-updates..... mostly of the people went bananas for that "issue" I went to my follows and copied everything on a plain text file (problem solve and very clean as well) kinda crack me up when they asked for a way to back up everything hehehe.

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts

But if they're scraping batoto to get their releases, what happens when there's no batoto is his point.

Look, MangaUpdates,  Mangafox and MangaHere (at the least) all existed years before this site, I'm pretty sure they'll all be just fine now that they've seen yet another composite reader site into its grave.

Seriously, I've been trying to tell people here this very fact for a long time now, Batoto is not and never has been the end all/be all of fan scanlations, it was just another composite reader site..........better than most of the rest, yes, but that doesn't change the fact. Fan scanlations has always utilized a far wider and more varied network than just here.

Edited by svines85, 16 January 2018 - 06:16 PM.

Tn7HA0h.png

Kugapi

Kugapi

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 9 posts
  • LocationGreenwood, Maine USA
Kugapi

Member Since 22 Nov 2011

Been a heck of a ride for last six years...I Came over to Batoto after OneManga folded.  Back when scanlators included a page to "STOP TAZMO" "Read on BATOTO".

Read I did,  907 follows later - (I'll have to see if I can cut that number down to something more manageable.) I May have only 200 manga that's currently updating regularly.

That was the beauty of Batoto follow list, manga were picked up, dropped, put on hold, Groups would come, go, reorganize, get busy and the list would be waiting weeks or months

to finally announce an update.  Such joy, like meeting an old friend on the street. Many thanks Batoto miss you already.

SushiAddiction

SushiAddiction

Potato

• Members
  • 111 posts

as others mentioned most of these sites scraped batoto. Those sites will fall apart now.

Best option is manga updates with this https://github.com/loadletter/mangaupdates-urlfix tampermonkey script.

I even put this up for scanlators without a site to explain but the post has zero veiws :D

Edited by SushiAddiction, 17 January 2018 - 03:45 AM.

Can't get enough Isekai? Check out the Isekai list for every manga on batoto. Follow for updates.

pokari

pokari

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 69 posts

as others mentioned most of these sites scraped batoto. Those sites will fall apart now.

Is is reasonably expected that that some new releases will fall through the cracks, and that some scanlation efforts may fall apart without Batoto.

But I'm not aware of anyone familiar with the scene who thinks the aggregator sites (many of which predate Batoto, and most of which are janky-skanky little for-profit operations) will "fall apart".

Heck, those sites are freaking zombies. Zombie-flatworms, even. They write new scraper-bots all the time, they shed their skin as convenient (plenty of domains to go around), and they even have human hosts volunteers hunting for things to some extent. I may not have a high opinion of them, but they sure as hell won't die, short of an actual real-world apocalypse.

Edited by pokari, 17 January 2018 - 05:12 AM.

SushiAddiction

SushiAddiction

Potato

• Members
  • 111 posts

But I'm not aware of anyone familiar with the scene who thinks the aggregator sites (many of which predate Batoto, and most of which are janky-skanky little for-profit operations) will "fall apart".

Heck, those sites are freaking zombies. Zombie-flatworms, even. They write new scraper-bots all the time, they shed their skin as convenient (plenty of domains to go around), and they even have human hosts volunteers hunting for things to some extent. I may not have a high opinion of them, but they sure as hell won't die, short of an actual real-world apocalypse.

Yes, must be careful with words.

the new chapters for the many smaller scan groups or single translators will be crap. Especially those without a site. They are going to have a hard time tracking all the new chapters compared to before.

hows that? I think it's about right.

Edited by SushiAddiction, 17 January 2018 - 05:43 AM.

Can't get enough Isekai? Check out the Isekai list for every manga on batoto. Follow for updates.

pokari

pokari

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 69 posts

Yes, must be careful with words.

the new chapters for the many smaller scan groups or single translators will be crap. Especially those without a site. They are going to have a hard time tracking all the new chapters compared to before.

hows that? I think it's about right.

Yup, that sounds about right.

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts

Dude, you're freaking out. Seriously, just freaking out.

They're scraping this site along with every other site that's even remotely connected to fan scanlations too. I'm here to tell you, you're going to see hardly no difference other than this site being gone. Might some of the "groups" that have been using batoto as their little pretend scan group site quit? Sure, you bet.....of course as scanlations already has ridiculously high turnover rate, yeah, as I said, you're probably not even gonna notice a difference unless it just happens to fall to one of the titles you're reading, and they'd have probably gotten bored and quit anyway, just later rather than sooner, that's just how a large amount of fan scanlations go.

Tn7HA0h.png

wazzaby

wazzaby

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 4 posts
in the end I decided to with baka-updates to keep my manga list (I'm still gonna Keep my offline list) and for online reading will be mangakakalot (main) and probably mangarock and manga deep for backups situations... thanks a lot for your help people...
any extra info/link will be appreciated...

RealHounder2014

RealHounder2014

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 32 posts

As a note, the mangadex site is working on a follows system as well for the front page. Just a matter of when. Otherwise, they have an entire tab/page just for that.

Edited by RealHounder2014, 26 January 2018 - 12:08 PM.

wazzaby

wazzaby

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 4 posts

in the end I decided to with baka-updates to keep my manga list (I'm still gonna Keep my offline list) and for online reading will be mangakakalot (main) and probably mangarock and manga deep for backups situations... thanks a lot for your help people...
any extra info/link will be appreciated...

forget mangakakalot, that piece of crap is bizarre split between them and Manganelo(I believe previous site name) I gonna try mangadex now.... any new site or extra advice will be appreciated..

nopeewhy

nopeewhy

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 13 posts
  • LocationGermany

forget mangakakalot, that piece of crap is bizarre split between them and Manganelo(I believe previous site name) I gonna try mangadex now.... any new site or extra advice will be appreciated..

In grumpys post he mentioned some staff members already working on a batoto substitute. Would mangadex be that supstitute? It looks like that to me at least

mod edit: Not true.

No staff is involved in any substitute project nor ever has been (the idea of possibly doing so has been thrown away quickly). The only thing that's been done is to backup the comic files with no plans to release these in foreseeable future (more on that in the linked thread at the top of this subforum).

Edited by ROTFLMAOMAGNETS, 30 January 2018 - 10:19 AM.

agent020

agent020

Potato Spud

• Contributor
  • 28 posts

Well mangalism also has bookmark list, the list is external so that if the site is down, your list is still safe.

www.mangalism.com, nice to see you there!