Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles

New manga site like bato.to

• Please log in to reply
224 replies to this topic

Guest_evan0512_von_Kartoffel

• Guests
Hello our site is closing in a week but i want to ask i like read manga in site like bato.to whos not have spam adv, virus, not hurt scanlator like only copy from scanlator site and not tell them like mangaf*x/mangah*r*/etc pls tell me which site like that..
Thanks

Edited by evan0512, 08 January 2018 - 03:52 AM.

Pusheenya

Pusheenya

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 12 posts

I think Baototo is (was) the only one

pokari

pokari

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 69 posts

To the very best of my knowledge Batoto is the one and only scanlator-centric manga hosting aggregation site.

It's a very special unicorn. *cries*

• Guests
Maybe other ppl whos have new site which like batoto pls post here link or name the site T.T. because i love read manga online and only read at batoto and mangah*r*. I need site which not have many adv when we read so i dont miss click adv

Nami

Nami

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 17 posts
  • LocationHouston

I'm definitely going to be keeping an eye on the forums here for the next couple of weeks in hopes that someone has an answer to this question.

Comody

Comody

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 41 posts

The only other place I know is kissmanga.

Solipsist

Solipsist

Potato

• Members
  • 171 posts

To be honest, one of the things that I enjoyed about Batoto was the "Currently popular" tab. It introduced new stuff to read.
Other websites, however, only have things like "Latest updates" or "all-time popular", which doesn't help at all. Being a direct host for multiple scanalation groups also helps out.

I do wonder if someone is going to bring up a new website with the same idea in mind, since checking each individual scanalation groups' website is just not realistic.
EDIT: MangaDex.com seems to be a top contender in that regard.

Edited by Solipsist, 19 January 2018 - 11:23 PM.

dreminh

dreminh

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 3 posts

only way so far is to search on mangaupdate in order to find the scan's group. what best about bato is also there are many verson of 1 chapter and they continue to update the cleaning

VawX

VawX

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 18 posts

I'm not sure, Batoto is a huge project, it's hard to find someone who want to maintain the project without heavily monetizing the content mmm...

I've been here practically since the first time Batoto launched, it's the only and probably will be the only site that caters to scanlation and scanlators this good mmm...

Bookwurm

Bookwurm

Potato Spud

• Contributor
  • 19 posts

In my experience, their quality control isn't quite as good in that I've found resized chapters on there while bato.to had the hi-res images same as those from the scanlators' sites.

Freestyle80

Freestyle80

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 6 posts

well most scanlator groups have discord so i imagine that be the best way to get updates on releases after this

SushiAddiction

SushiAddiction

Potato

• Members
  • 111 posts

Any site that Scanlators would choose to upload on is what is needed.

batoto is the only one that was used by so many.

Can't get enough Isekai? Check out the Isekai list for every manga on batoto. Follow for updates.

Intense Autism

Intense Autism

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 2 posts

I'm sure another Batoto will pop up soon enough. Will have to make due with kiss until then ;_;

Lucyfer.

Lucyfer.

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 9 posts

Well, I am too interested in A NEXT BEST THING like batoto.... and btw, good luck to us all.

Nezperdian

Nezperdian

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 10 posts
  • LocationArgentina

It's time to go back to XDCC

Jaded

Jaded

Potato Spud

• Donator
  • 16 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in the Southeast US.

Batoto quickly became my favorite reader because it identified and even let us communicate with scanlation groups.  I cant think of any other aggregate sites that even identify where they got their pages from. 

Ill second Kissmanga as a next best thing. They have similar comment sections on each manga's title page and while they don't link scanlation groups there, they don't remove pages that identify them either. 

newvelaric

newvelaric

Potato Sprout

• Donator
  • 3 posts

Yeah, Bato.to is (was) the best site I discovered. Sad to see it ended...

I will also keep an eye on this thread. Maybe we can find one worthy of been Bato.to's successor!

• Guests

that site is blocked in my country because nsfw lol
Hard to see from there T.T

Any way when i look other manga site i look they copy from scanlator site so they have delay launch new chapter. Not like bato.to whos scanlator them self whos post here so we(online reader) can read new chapter ASAP, another one which i like on batoto not many adv when reading comic. So i hope new batoto will launch ASAP (before batoto closed). Any one whos know link new batoto which ex staff batoto created pls post here T.T

Note why grumpy not just give all this batoto to some one else to maintained T.T even he birth this i dont think he will mother whos kill his own child T.T maybe better just let this child grow up them self with some one care

Edited by evan0512, 09 January 2018 - 02:28 AM.

pokari

pokari

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 69 posts

[ ... ]

Note why grumpy not just give all this batoto to some one else to maintained T.T even he birth this i dont think he will mother whos kill his own child T.T maybe better just let this child grow up them self with some one care

While there may be emotional reasons, I assumed from the text of the closure notice that one of the reasons Grumpy wouldn't hand over the site itself is to fulfill his responsibility in ensuring the private parts of the database (private messages, for example?) stay private forever.

Edited by pokari, 09 January 2018 - 06:00 AM.

SoundSpark

SoundSpark

Baked Potato

• Retired Mods
  • 1,644 posts

if you want quality chapters, then you're best option is too go to the scanlators sites themselves and read/download from there. Aside from bato.to there really isn't any other site that host the manga series in the quality that said group released them in. Sites like kissmanga are decent, but they usually reduce the quality of the scans and in most cases remove the credit pages form the chapters.