Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Batoto will be closing permanently

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2393 replies to this topic

HombreRojo

HombreRojo

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts

不要难过,要开心!

Edited by HombreRojo, 07 January 2018 - 09:23 PM.

DoomDancer

DoomDancer

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts

This will cripple manga scanlations, we need to find an alternative quick.

Bellstrom

Bellstrom

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 3 posts

POPULAR

Why can't you just give the site to someone else? If the admins are already copying everything why do you have to burn the site instead of passing it on?

chickenflippers

chickenflippers

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 2 posts

Sabru

Sabru

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 4 posts

Dang. Thanks for all your hard work.

I do hope that some of the staff decide to create and run a successor in the future. Batoto is such a unifying influence on the (decidedly) scattered scanlating community that its absence will be greatly missed.

I do want to know more about how and when we can export our follows. I dont want to lose the list otherwise ill forget most of them >.>

Necro-

Necro-

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 6 posts

o7

nematoda

nematoda

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts

this news really hit me hard...

i've been silent reader and rarely post anything.

and this site really my favorite site to read the manga....

thank you for everything.

sjoe

sjoe

Potato

• Members
  • 160 posts
  • LocationUnder a rock.

Thank you for the awesome work to all the mods and admins. Don't know how I'll survive without this site, that's how much I loved being here -- both for the comics and the forums.

Raze fan

Raze fan

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts
Why can't you just give the site to someone else to manage? Anyways take care thanks for the work.

noelleon

noelleon

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 9 posts

Oh damn... I think, there goes one of my addictions.

Dipuc4Life

Dipuc4Life

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 2 posts

Today ... I am a SAD POTATO ... This had become my favorite site for reading manga even if the chapters came out days later then other sites. Thank you for all your years of hard work. This site will be missed.

... All the world is a stage

Kami

Kami

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 67 posts
  • LocationGermany

It was nice, thanks.

Edited by Kami, 08 January 2018 - 12:28 AM.

buttblaster

buttblaster

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts

Batoto has been the most reliable manga site for ages, thanks to your commitment.

Thank you to everyone involved and best of wishes for your future!

Although I wasn't really a part of the community here, I'm sure we'll be having dumb anime arguments on a different site's comments soon enough. See ya!

GodricKharg

GodricKharg

Fingerling Potato

• Contributor
  • 87 posts
  • LocationNorth of Niagara Falls... Someplace...

oh... well damn.  It'll be missed...

I wonder if any of the staff have thought to take on the bato domain and try to seamlessly move over?

Btw, I always wondered about the 'only the last 4 most recent chapters' could be read without an account..'   should have IMO made it so only series releases 2+ years old  could be read from the site without a membership...  this way the scraping would effectively (IMO) stop... yea people would complain but maybe admin get more sleep.

damn, I wonder where the scanlators will upload to now...

side note, if anyone wants to discuss setting a server up, I own scans.today ...  just need a server to direct 'reader' to as my account won't really support what bato does I don't think.

I write fanfiction
https://www.fanfiction.net/~godrickharg
3 SEKIREI stories
1 Nisekoi short oneshot
1 freezing x Sekirei crossover

Thirsk

Thirsk

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts

Can't say I approve of the decision to burn everything to the ground instead of passing the torch, but c'est la vie. The community is large enough that it will survive through an attempt to cripple it like this. 

Guest_BAnon_von_Kartoffel

Guest_BAnon_von_Kartoffel
  • Guests
Going forward, some of the staff members have and still are in the process of backing up the entire Batoto comic content as they have been notified of this decision well in advanced. They may choose to create a new Batoto or something simpler. That will be up to them, but I will no longer be part of running it.

Looking forward to this.

SugarBug

SugarBug

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts
Thank you for your works, take care.

Kortez

Kortez

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • LocationUnderneath that tree....yeah you know the one.

POPULAR

I've been around since Sept. 2011 and this is the only site that I think is worth a crap to frequent. I've never seen any other site give a damn about the scanlators, the leechers, and artists equally and did it without being pure trash with virus laden ads everywhere. I think we're all going to be worse off without Batoto around. I can honestly say I've read so many manga, that I would never have given a chance normally, or even would have heard of. I'm truly grateful for you guys being around for as long as you have.

I hope you get an awesome rest man, you guys have earned it.

klayes

klayes

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 16 posts

Thanks for your hard work, and looks like it's time to spin up a few torrents.

sasoras

sasoras

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 2 posts

Thank you, and good luck.