Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Kore wa Koi no Hanashi Discussion

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

KidCongo

KidCongo

Global Moderator

• Contrib Mods
  • 1,768 posts
Use this forum to discuss the manga.

haru
Dec 02 2011 07:54 AM
I have issues with reading this. Usually I don't have a problem with age gaps (my boyfriend is 8 years older than me and we started dating when I was only 17 so I can't really complain about under age relationships...) but this series is stretching too far for me.
However, it is very well written and I find myself not wanting to continue reading it and yet coming back to it anyway. I'm very conflicted about this but I also recognize that as a sign of brilliant writing.
The saving grace is Uchikai. So far his responsibility and inner turmoil from his own childhood has given me faith that this series will not take a turn for the criminal and while their future may get blurred eventually, I feel that presently I shouldn't worry (then again, I'm only in the middle of chapter 10)
I really hope I won't have to stop reading this because even though it makes me uneasy, a story that can stir such emotions and reactions in a reader is truly one to be commended.

For all those thinking of thanking me for the scanlations, I only upload them, and I'm just a mod here. Please leave a message on the actual groups' pages that do all the hard work.

bumblebee310

bumblebee310

Potato

• Members
  • 189 posts
Have just finished chap1 and I.... I feel like I'm tiptoeing over some sort of line here hahaha
But I think I'm going to enjoy this manga extremely enjoyable to read =)

Oi, Akio.
You...
Do you have someone you like?

kyaaaaaaa :">

---------- In vain have I struggled. It will not do. My feelings will not be repressed. You must allow me to tell you how ardently I admire and love you. ----------

Insania.Fox

Insania.Fox

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 43 posts
I wonder if the story is turning too fast? The change in Haru between chapter 15-16 seem too big for me...

aneal

aneal

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 5 posts
when dose next chapter comes out?

Skydreamer707

Skydreamer707

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 216 posts
  • LocationMars
it is really hard to read. if only she were a bit older i wouldn't feel like a creeper for reading it. (around 13-15) and at first, i didnt. the girl is very mature for her age, while the guy is pretty immature still. so it wasnt like an old man was manipulating the younger girl. it was quite the opposite. In fact, on an emotional level, theyre very similar in age and experience. and since they share similar childhoods, i feel like she can help him more than anyone else. but whenever a new chapter comes up and the caption is "a love story between a 10yr old girl and a 31yr old man!!!" i feel kind of sick to my stomach. i keep Dropping it and returning to it like Haru said. it's oddly compelling and makes me feel like i should reevaluate my beliefs. which is in part why it disturbs me. perhaps a relationship as innocent as this (with such a large age gap) can really exist in the world WITHOUT anything repulsive going on. There is always an exception i guess.

Im looking forward to a time skip though ^__^; if anything, because i feel like we'll see some serious development emotionally in the characters. Uchikai will finally accept her as more than just a "brat" and move past some of his issues.but, I think this author will pull it off tastefully too. In a way that, while making me uneasy, is also somehow sweet and totally acceptable if only their ages weren't so different.
GAH.

Edited by Skydreamer707, 05 April 2012 - 11:11 PM.

Poor Orphan Ian.

Spoiler

Spoiler

Insania.Fox

Insania.Fox

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 43 posts
It might not be good for the story if haruka grew up now, i think. The only time the author will draw a grown up haruka is when she and the old guy finally understood their feelings, which can be love or just parental feelings.

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts
  • Locationunderground like a wild potato
Great new chapter, I'm glad we're starting up after the time skip, I was really wondering where the story would go at the end of the last chapter. Even though he'd already developed feelings for her, whether romantic or paternal, it definitely looks like those feelings have done nothing but get stronger. No matter how much he's struggling with them.

Tn7HA0h.png

lynxie

lynxie

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts
I love this inner fight we see in Shinichi.

I really loved chapter 26. It really moved me.

I wonder what the mangaka will do.
While the right thing to do is to sent her back to her dad, I would prefer to read that they stay together...

Purple Library Guy

Purple Library Guy

Fried Potato

• Donator
  • 695 posts
  • LocationCheck Rivendell, or Vorbarr Sultana, or Adrilankha. No? Try Vancouver.
Well, well. The fuse has been burning all this time and now, finally, we have detonation. It was interesting and different to have it happen because of his vulnerability rather than hers.
Funny that if it weren't for the kiss overshadowing, ch 26 would have been notable just for what it revealed about Shinichi's past (We didn't already know that, did we? We had a couple of hints, but I don't remember finding out this much before).

AndTheHawk

AndTheHawk

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 13 posts
That kiss..

Come on, Shinichi! She's in MIDDLE SCHOOL! ):

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts
I think probably the majority of what we saw in chapter 26 about Shinichi's past has been told to us before, but definitely never in this complete and "start to finish" of a way......and yeah, his father being abusive being what lead to the fire and suicides I honestly don't remember at all either. And everything else has always been in bits and pieces, some of it needing some assumption on the readers part to explain why and how his personality had become the way it is.

I personally don't think the "right thing to do" is to send her away, back to a father who already agreed that with Shinichi was the right place for her to be. Haruka has been more mature than many of the adults in this manga from the very start, I can't imagine separating them would change her feelings. She's been set on having Shinichi for herself from the start.

Tn7HA0h.png

MrFeatherFang

MrFeatherFang

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 56 posts
Haruka going in for the kill as Shinichi is mentally weakened ^_^. It seems as the years went on Shinichi has opened up a lot more and I think the lastest chapter (26) had him talk more than ever before (especially about his past!).
I guess Shinichi is in conflcit with his duty as Haruka's guardian or lover now I suupose.
Sorry if my post doesn't make too much sense. Not too good at critical analysis, but I felt like writing what I wanted to share.

Sancrea

Sancrea

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 11 posts
  • LocationPoland
Eh, i'm not lolicon but i liked better the first arc when she was in elementary school, story was more innocent the very reason why i started reading it, now you see kissing n' s...t :P if i wanted kissing scene i would choose other manga but still pretty interesting, there aren't very manga/manhua out there who as plot take characters with such age gap.

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts
Great new chapter, so he's now realized he's in love, good deal, next chapter should be even better to see how the two of them deal with each other. I wonder what's going to happen with his latest book too, that's likely to come into play in the story as well.

Tn7HA0h.png

inzaratha

inzaratha

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 501 posts
  • LocationArizona (or somewhere in the forest riding a unicorn)
But if people read his book, won't they look at them even more questioningly than before?
Anyway, now that he's realized his feelings he can only hold them in.

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts
Ahhh, true, with the excitement of her attack and then the time skip, I'd kind of forgotten the book and his using her as a "model". Yeah, he really is in a situation where he can't afford to appear to be doing anything improper.

Tn7HA0h.png

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts

Wow, that was a great new chapter...........though he's still resisting, seems like he's totally given  up on denying it to himself anymore. 

Tn7HA0h.png

MrFeatherFang

MrFeatherFang

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 56 posts

Ch. 29
Well I don't have much to say, but when they were walking and Shinichi was going to hold her hand I was like "wait, haven't I read this already?" then when I kept reading the chapter reminded me that they went and did something similar to this a few years prior. Damn, I feel like it's been a long time too lol

inzaratha

inzaratha

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 501 posts
  • LocationArizona (or somewhere in the forest riding a unicorn)

I liked that chapter -  his feelings are there but this seemed to put some some of the akwardness behind them. 

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts

Wow.........well, I guess it was a no-brainer that things just couldn't be smooth sailing. He sure is fighting the inevitable xD

Tn7HA0h.png