Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Medaka Box Latest Chapter Discussion

• Please log in to reply
532 replies to this topic

zetina

zetina

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 48 posts
  • LocationLatvia

but if the author doesnĀ“t end it after he hinted on it, it will be bad for the ratings of medeka, I mean the author of bleach didnĀ“t hint on ending bleach, but because Ichigo defeated a character that everyone thought would be the end boss, the ratings for the arc that came after it were bad and we are talking about bleach that has a HUGE fanbase

...Well, there's also that the arc wasn't considered very good...

But I agree with the "theory" too. Ajimu's claim is like the big bad's "I will destroy the world" so of course that's not what should happen for a "happy end". As in, her saying "I will end this manga" pretty much implies she will "defeat Medaka"/"win" before the anime starts. If the story goes straight to the festival now, in those 8-ish chapters we could actually get to some sort of climax and the manga could end a few weeks after the anime starts... Doesn't necessarily mean it will end for sure.
Well, that's how I see it. I hope I made sense...

Edited by zetina, 10 February 2012 - 05:43 PM.

Thunder Wolf

Thunder Wolf

Fried Potato

• Retired Mods
  • 656 posts
  • LocationDiscord
Plot twist, Medaka Box ends as planned, but then comes back as

Medaka Box Z.

2z50p6t.png

Inumori

Inumori

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 66 posts
  • Location....good question.....

Plot twist, Medaka Box ends as planned, but then comes back as

Medaka Box Z.

Trolololol yes. I can see it now! It picks up 4 years later in the midst of the grand tournament to decide Kurokami group CEO Kurokami Medaka's future husband and eventually spirals out into a world-wide and eventually galactic conflict between our increasingly god-like heros and their arbitrarily strong invaders attacking just for the lulz!

All seriousness though, when Ajimu said it'd end before the anime with her adorable "anti-4th-wall" ability I kinda got the impression she was reffering to the love-comedy "arc" if you will. And to be honest; at some point she's gonna be wrong. Quite frankly her all-according-to-plan attitude falters at her fairly frequent surprises at character direction. So despite it working out her way so far I'm sure something's either gonna give out or escalate when her powers finish coming back. One more thing bugging me is the Shiranui situation. Both Hansode and Hanten have MAJOR impact potential and it's hinted that Hanten may not be on Ajimu's side (chapter 128 pg 13. The first version of the two listed for that chapter) and Hansode's personality and power are still rather sheathed in mystery. Then there's whatever Tachiarai has been doing to the recently-absent Kumagawa (it's been making him happy apparently >.>) and what his true plot is and its effect on Ajimu's plans so far. Oh, and there's also Tsurubami and the whole "step-sister" and "murdered your father" thing. There is WAY too much left to let this series die now. Without making a freaking 200+ page epilogue I can't see this story wrapping up entirely by April. Either that, or Zenkichi's power just remakes the freaking world and Ajimu gets bored and just goes back to being God or something. I hope nothing so simple is in store though. Like seriously, please no.

The Dog's Woods

Spoiler

An Adventure by Mischief

hero

hero

Baked Potato

• Contributor
  • 1,381 posts
well, if it really will finish in april, then we will have like 5-6 chapters left.
it could also be an april fools joke.

Toori

Toori

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 18 posts

well, if it really will finish in april, then we will have like 5-6 chapters left.
it could also be an april fools joke.

Does this manga end in just a few more chapters?
It's oficial?

Btw i still don't get it, since the Kumagawa card battle against the discipline comity and the next chapter the author just do let three years past? dafuq was that, what happened in all those three years, Medaka becomes into an antagonist character for my opinion. i'm also kinda confused for how things are advancing and on how simply this fight story become into a romantic one.
I've a lot of questions, i'm very veryyyy confused :v

hero

hero

Baked Potato

• Contributor
  • 1,381 posts

It's oficial?

Ajimu said that this manga would end before the anime starts. Chapter 127, page 20.

Btw i still don't get it, since the Kumagawa card battle against the discipline comity and the next chapter the author just do let three years past? dafuq was that, what happened in all those three years, Medaka becomes into an antagonist character for my opinion. i'm also kinda confused for how things are advancing and on how simply this fight story become into a romantic one.

when did they skip 3 years???

Edited by hero, 29 February 2012 - 09:45 PM.

Toori

Toori

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 18 posts

It's oficial?

Ajimu said that this manga would end before the anime starts. Chapter 127, page 20.

when did they skip 3 years???

Can we trust in Ajimu?
Anyway as @Thunder Wolf said it might end and start other arc or sequel because the author just can't end this history in just a few chapters

And about the 3 years issue it seems to be a translate problem :v
My natal language isn't the english i was reading the chapter 132 in spanish, but the translate is just horrible, here...

Posted Image

There said "Third year Mijakonojou, it's been a while"
And...

Posted Image

Here literally said "Three years Miyakonojou, it's been a long time" those google translations makes me get mad haha

Anyway the attitude of Medaka still confusing me :v

hero

hero

Baked Potato

• Contributor
  • 1,381 posts
ok, this really will end, I mean the next chapter is "the laste battle".

Thunder Wolf

Thunder Wolf

Fried Potato

• Retired Mods
  • 656 posts
  • LocationDiscord
Akune on guitar, Zenkichi on harmonica and Medaka cried.
This chapter was filled with so much awesome.

2z50p6t.png

vegaobscura

vegaobscura

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 69 posts
  • Locationcxc/overload scans
glad to see people think the dialogue got better in it, and yeah i love being part of this manga, even if I'm unhappy about shiranui's situation she said she was satisfied so I'll go with her wishes..

hero

hero

Baked Potato

• Contributor
  • 1,381 posts
so Ajimu Najimi did a good job in seperating medaka and zenkichi but for what reason?

Irecinius

Irecinius

Potato

• Members
  • 185 posts
Its not like it had a reason, was just for the whim.. then she acts out that its all going according to the plan

Edited by Irecinius, 14 March 2012 - 02:32 AM.

vegaobscura

vegaobscura

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 69 posts
Or as we see from previous things she's a crazy over planning uber-mensch who has issues with losing and thus sets up the games so she wins no matter what. I have no idea why i responded by the way i just saw a reason to post a almost random thing and did it.

Irecinius

Irecinius

Potato

• Members
  • 185 posts
And according to zen's new skill.. this turns out impossible..

Its a interesting skill.. its like taking the manga out of the manga

hero

hero

Baked Potato

• Contributor
  • 1,381 posts
but I still donĀ“t really understand Ajimu Najimi, so she wants Zenkichi to win because he is a Zero? what does she gain by that?

vegaobscura

vegaobscura

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 69 posts
No you see his skill removes the Manga part of the manga. So she'd be safe from them trying to take her down like i said. You can't beat the girl normally after all, and if zenkichi's skill makes the abnormal ways impossible she remains unbeatable.

Irecinius

Irecinius

Potato

• Members
  • 185 posts
She's messing with them, its not like she got nothing else better to do anyway..
So watching them squirm against Medaka, is somewhat pleasurable. Don't think she got any hidden agendas for that.

She maybe saw already that there are people that don't care if you are "equal" or "non equal"... and thats why she is helping Zenichi.

hero

hero

Baked Potato

• Contributor
  • 1,381 posts
ok, the author really will end it before the anime starts.
chapter 139 was amazing, best chapter in this manga (at least I think so)

vegaobscura

vegaobscura

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 69 posts
best to be careful though, nisio is known for trolling, several of his manga had him doing it to fans in spades. I do admit the splash showing people from so far back that fans had forgotten them were a nice touch, and zenkichi doing the right thing this time around was awesome.

Inumori

Inumori

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 66 posts
  • Location....good question.....
Analysis time:
1) Ajimu just proved someone with no powers and no whims of fate (read "chance in hell") can still defeat an overpowered god-person.
2) EVERY SINGLE STUDENT of Hakoniwa Academy is present at the voting.
3) Medaka has stopped being the world-police.
4) Ajimu is going to do something herself next chapter?
5) No other question has been answered by these past few chapters. NONE! Seriously, nice development but too much tunnel-vision.
6) ???
13) Profit?!

What next Nishio-sensei? Time reset?

The Dog's Woods

Spoiler

An Adventure by Mischief