Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Medaka Box Latest Chapter Discussion

• Please log in to reply
532 replies to this topic

hero

hero

Baked Potato

• Contributor
  • 1,381 posts

My theory is that Kikajima's baby is actually with Kumagawa. Remember during the Election Arc, they had some sparks flying between them; maybe she just wants to help him hide his identity for some reason.

Actually, my other theory is that, because Nisio likes meta stuff in his manga, and because Kumagawa loves manga, that it will turn out that Kumagawa got a job working for Shonen Jump, and the entire series will have turned out to have been written by him.

your second theory is very interesting but I don´t think they will go with that, that would be too daring.

I also think that the baby is from Kumagawa because when they where talking about him there was a panel with her face looking sad.

-世界死神- chaos_animagic

-世界死神- chaos_animagic

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 85 posts
  • LocationColumbus, OH ~or~ Universe of Caelestis Dea

Shiranui become a legal loli, Kikaijima become a MILF, Medaka become a Hawt Beauty.

Also... here I was thinking the Academy with their superpower ppls taking over the world... but yet they all found "regular jobs" and become "regular people" plus they said most of the superpower ppls have lost or is losing their powers. 

(so this means they'll only have powers when they were young and loses it when they grew up - unlike certain adults that worked in the Academy)

21j9mie.jpg

WaterlyWinds

WaterlyWinds

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 17 posts
  • LocationPortugal

I think the way Medaka was drawn makes her look more male.... 
especialy here

*spoilers*

http://eu.batoto.net/comics/2013/04/25/m/read5178c78c494f5/img000018.png

Save the forests !!!

vegaobscura

vegaobscura

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 69 posts
  • Locationcxc/overload scans

hahahahaha, great comment on the last chapter, congrats on being first to comment on it

Yuusha OtakUub

Yuusha OtakUub

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 22 posts

That baby is definitely Kumagawa's kid. I just know it.

Ookami

Ookami

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 9 posts

I was kind of disappointed with that ending. You could tell that it was the author's choice to end it, and that they didn't rush anything and tried to close it up neatly, which is commendable, but it just didn't feel like Medaka Box. It was too bland; the time jump, everyone losing their powers, even the 100 flowers run was just an excuse to show all the old characters and didn't add anything. And then when Medaka grows up she's lost all of what makes her her. The bit with the dogs was cute, but her face has none of the happy fierceness that it always did that made her so lovable. I think they should have ended this with chapter 185. That felt like a final chapter and minus the fact that they still never explained about the middle school stuff in any understandable detail, it was a nice wrap up. Maybe its just me though.

WaterlyWinds

WaterlyWinds

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 17 posts
  • LocationPortugal

I was kind of disappointed with that ending. You could tell that it was the author's choice to end it, and that they didn't rush anything and tried to close it up neatly, which is commendable, but it just didn't feel like Medaka Box. It was too bland; the time jump, everyone losing their powers, even the 100 flowers run was just an excuse to show all the old characters and didn't add anything. And then when Medaka grows up she's lost all of what makes her her. The bit with the dogs was cute, but her face has none of the happy fierceness that it always did that made her so lovable. I think they should have ended this with chapter 185. That felt like a final chapter and minus the fact that they still never explained about the middle school stuff in any understandable detail, it was a nice wrap up. Maybe its just me though.

I KNOW RIGHT ?! I agree to evrything

hahahahaha, great comment on the last chapter, congrats on being first to comment on it

was that for me? ahahahah

Save the forests !!!

-世界死神- chaos_animagic

-世界死神- chaos_animagic

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 85 posts
  • LocationColumbus, OH ~or~ Universe of Caelestis Dea
Actually... the "Ending" is written like if you have done the entire series as a "Movie" (most movies are made to be open ended right after a "question" that appears or a "cliffhanger")

21j9mie.jpg

Amine Hsu

Amine Hsu

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 2 posts

Uhg, the people losing their powers hing is such a lame cop-out.  I hated back in Flame of Recca and I still hate it now.  (Worse it seems like a double cop-out because we have already seen a number of adults with powers)

Medeka's complete change of personality was also a bit jarring, I feel like it was working way too hard to make a point(or add a 0th hour moral to everything), I wish they had just left her like she was... or something.  Honestly it feel bizzare.  Zen doesn't change in the slightest but Medeka makes a 180.  It feels the it should have been the oppisite, Medeka owing to her nearly inhuman nature has perhaps grown in wisdom and understanding but is mostly the same, but Zen having grown and matured (and perhaps a bit more world weary) finds himself no longer able (or willing) to keep Medaka's pace decides that while he'll always love Medaka, he's no longer the same person he was ten years ago and they end up parting way.   Oh well, somehing like that would be a lot more bittersweet, but would feel truer to the characters, in my mind atleast.

I dunno, having Medaka mature into just a normal women feels so bizzare... Her parents aren't normal and we see many other who lack that pedigree who aren't normal as well... Bleh, feel like I'm repeating myself but it feels like some sort of forced 0th hour aseop about how people may seem super human as a teenager but they all just become normal adults... or something.

(( Seriously though, wtf is the flask plan then?  Did the flask plan girl grow up to be normal?  Wasn't Zen part of the flask plan why did he just mature into a normal adult? Argh, I'll just file this along with Death Note for endings that make no god damn sense. ))

hero

hero

Baked Potato

• Contributor
  • 1,381 posts

I find it good that medaka changed, I mean all the characters did what she wanted when they were still young. she was stubborn, and now that she is older and wiser  it makes sense that she became a normal mature woman (at least for me). 

zen was the only character in my opinion that didn´t have to change, he always worked hard to get what he wanted, for his age he already was mature. and for zen to not be together with medaka would be bezarre, he did everything (from the 1st chapter till the end) for medaka so for him to change his mind about medaka when he becomes mature would have been weird.

and the DN ending was one of the best ones I have ever seen.

outlawauron

outlawauron

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 2 posts

Maybe I'm weird, but I don't think Medaka changed much from the post-Student Council to the end....

Cake-kun

Cake-kun

Potato

• Contributor
  • 160 posts
  • LocationNot on your plate, hopefully

Maybe I'm weird, but I don't think Medaka changed much from the post-Student Council to the end....

your power may go, but your personality shouldn't.

Invec

Invec

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 6 posts

Epilogue was fine.  However the moon incident + 100 flower run could have been avoided, they were disasters.

Edited by Invec, 03 May 2013 - 03:05 PM.